- Joe Biden really, really hates raves 4 Weeks Ago
- RIP to the Twitter geotagging feature that no one actually used Today 5:14 PM
- Facebook contractors reveal the horrors of moderating graphic content Today 4:42 PM
- Prosecutor almost directly quoted Bible in trial against man who helped migrants Today 4:05 PM
- TikTok’s time warp videos get it twisted Today 4:03 PM
- Is a ‘Stranger Things’ and Fortnite crossover event going to happen? Today 3:55 PM
- YouTube reportedly thinking about moving all kids content off the main site Today 3:50 PM
- AOC calls out Democrats for tone-deaf Beyoncé tweet Today 3:15 PM
- Democrat candidates come out as ‘wife guys’ Today 2:45 PM
- Poll of best Batman actors fails to include Adam West, and fans are not happy Today 2:25 PM
- ‘Pose’ producer Janet Mock lands historic Netflix deal Today 1:54 PM
- Teen confesses to killing her best friend on video to get $9 million from a stranger online Today 1:28 PM
- Democrats vote to block transgender troop ban Today 12:17 PM
- Twitch-famous bounty hunter kicks down target’s door in wildly popular live stream Today 11:42 AM
- New GOP bill would audit major tech companies for bias Today 11:37 AM
The Sims 4 is one of this generation’s most successful series, despite EA’s ongoing troubles, and now you can get it absolutely free. The home- and family-building franchise is part of a limited-time promotion, but you’ll get to keep the game forever. Here’s how to get The Sims 4 for free.
How to get The Sims 4 for free
First, you’ll need to download Origin, which is basically EA’s version of Steam. EA keeps all their first-party games there, like Apex Legends, Anthem, and Battlefield 5. Go to the Origin homepage and click the “download” link on the left-hand side of the page. Origin works on both PC and Mac, so no worries there.
Once you’ve done that, go ahead and find the Sims 4 page, where you’ll see the basic version of the game is being “sold” for free. That basic edition doesn’t come with any of the downloadable content, or DLC, like the deluxe edition does, but did we mention it’s free?
- The best texting games to play when you’re bored
- Is the Epic Games Store worth downloading?
- The 10 best gaming podcasts for every kind of gamer
It’s worth noting that if you purchase Origin Access Basic ($4.99 a month or $29.99 per year), you can get the basic version for free. If you purchase Origin Access Premier ($14.99 per month or $99.99 per year), you can get the deluxe edition for free. Here’s the FAQ page that breaks down the differences.
The Sims 4 normally sells for $39.99, so this isn’t a bad time to grab the game if you think you’ll ever give it a shot.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.