- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl 2 Years Ago
- A scarier ‘The Haunting of Hill House’ extended director’s cut is coming to Blu-ray Today 9:15 AM
- The 9 best podcasts for kids that entertain and educate Today 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! Why does my BFF get more likes on Instagram than me? Today 6:00 AM
- The 25 Tom Cruise movies that are essential viewing Today 6:00 AM
- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
Warning: This article contains potential spoilers and speculation for Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi doesn’t come out until December, though that hasn’t stopped fans from speculating over every aspect of what we’ve already seen and heard. But a new leaflet circulating online adds even more intrigue.
Star Wars News Net first posted a photo of the ad on Tuesday, which features numerous snapshots of The Last Jedi featured in the teaser trailer released last month at Star Wars Celebration, and text setting up the film. Although Lucasfilm has yet to confirm the leaflet is real, the QR code located on the bottom right corner of the leaflet takes you to Star Wars Japan’s official Twitter account.
“The Most Shocking Truth In Star Wars History Will Soon Be Revealed,” the leaflet claims, according to a rough translation from Star Wars News Net. io9 believes that “shocking truth” could translate differently than what we might initially think, pointing out that it could be something akin to a devastating reveal.
The rest of the text breaks down where we’ll find some of Star Wars’ beloved characters during The Last Jedi, which apparently will show Leia teaming up with Finn, Poe Dameron, and BB-8. Rey and Kylo Ren’s arcs are teased before as the film “will lead to a mysterious climax.”
When you put something like a “shocking truth” or a devastating reveal and Star Wars together, the father of all reveals—“No, I am your father”—comes to mind. Unlike Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars fans can now easily analyze every frame, poster, and interview and piece together what might happen with strangers around the world.
The backstory and parentage of Rey, who’s about to be trained by Luke Skywalker, is a huge question on everyone’s mind, and many of Star Wars‘ existing characters have been suggested as possible parents at one point or another. Finn’s past and potential might come to play, and some have suspected that Luke might turn to the dark side—or at the least shake up how we even view the Force. And we still don’t know all that much about Snoke, whose identity has fueled many theories. (Who knows, maybe Darth Jar Jar is back on the table.)
But if The Last Jedi can pull something off with the emotional weight and the capability to surprise even the most astute internet sleuths? We’ll tip our X-wing helmets to that.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.