- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
- The 15 best Disney+ hidden gems and deep cuts Saturday 12:23 PM
- Everyone in GoFundMe scam involving homeless veteran has now pleaded guilty Saturday 12:06 PM
- Boy invites kindergarten class to his adoption–and people are emotional Saturday 11:56 AM
- Reddit links leaked trade deal documents to Russian campaign Saturday 10:44 AM
- How to stream Alistair Overeem vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik Saturday 8:30 AM
- Amazon sends customers condoms and soap instead of Nintendo Switch Saturday 8:28 AM
- How to live stream Jermall Charlo vs. Dennis Hogan Saturday 8:00 AM
- Apple TV’s ‘Truth Be Told’ is a criminally dull drama Saturday 6:00 AM
- Thousands of Uber users have reported sexual assaults, company says Friday 5:40 PM
- ‘Astronomy Club’ reformats the sketch show Friday 4:58 PM
Warning: This article contains potential spoilers and speculation for Star Wars: The Last Jedi.
Star Wars: The Last Jedi doesn’t come out until December, though that hasn’t stopped fans from speculating over every aspect of what we’ve already seen and heard. But a new leaflet circulating online adds even more intrigue.
Star Wars News Net first posted a photo of the ad on Tuesday, which features numerous snapshots of The Last Jedi featured in the teaser trailer released last month at Star Wars Celebration, and text setting up the film. Although Lucasfilm has yet to confirm the leaflet is real, the QR code located on the bottom right corner of the leaflet takes you to Star Wars Japan’s official Twitter account.
“The Most Shocking Truth In Star Wars History Will Soon Be Revealed,” the leaflet claims, according to a rough translation from Star Wars News Net. io9 believes that “shocking truth” could translate differently than what we might initially think, pointing out that it could be something akin to a devastating reveal.
The rest of the text breaks down where we’ll find some of Star Wars’ beloved characters during The Last Jedi, which apparently will show Leia teaming up with Finn, Poe Dameron, and BB-8. Rey and Kylo Ren’s arcs are teased before as the film “will lead to a mysterious climax.”
When you put something like a “shocking truth” or a devastating reveal and Star Wars together, the father of all reveals—“No, I am your father”—comes to mind. Unlike Empire Strikes Back, Star Wars fans can now easily analyze every frame, poster, and interview and piece together what might happen with strangers around the world.
The backstory and parentage of Rey, who’s about to be trained by Luke Skywalker, is a huge question on everyone’s mind, and many of Star Wars‘ existing characters have been suggested as possible parents at one point or another. Finn’s past and potential might come to play, and some have suspected that Luke might turn to the dark side—or at the least shake up how we even view the Force. And we still don’t know all that much about Snoke, whose identity has fueled many theories. (Who knows, maybe Darth Jar Jar is back on the table.)
But if The Last Jedi can pull something off with the emotional weight and the capability to surprise even the most astute internet sleuths? We’ll tip our X-wing helmets to that.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.