- This bubble tea challenge is a balancing act 4 Months Ago
- Laura Dern gifts the internet with more ‘Big Little Lies’ memes 4 Months Ago
- The Stonks meme is back—and it’s weirder than ever 4 Months Ago
- Video shows officer threatening to shoot pregnant Black woman in front of her children Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix’s ‘Leila’ tells a familiar dystopian horror story Today 12:37 PM
- O.J. Simpson says in Twitter video that he never slept with Kris Jenner Today 12:06 PM
- GOP commissioner jokes on Facebook about running over Trump protesters Today 11:52 AM
- 2 trans women killed within 3 months in the same neighborhood Today 11:35 AM
- DNC tries to pander with tone-deaf Beyoncé meme, fails miserably Today 10:45 AM
- Parkland grad says Harvard rescinded offer after racist comments surfaced Today 10:10 AM
- ‘The Edge of Democracy’ chronicles the downfall of Brazil’s political leaders Today 9:42 AM
- Suzanne Collins is writing a ‘Hunger Games’ prequel Today 9:31 AM
- KSI rips Logan Paul for delay in their YouTube boxing rematch Today 9:02 AM
- Trump kicks chief of staff out of Oval Office for coughing during interview Today 8:29 AM
- Netflix announces Samurai version of ‘Game of Thrones’ Today 8:10 AM
Everyone was horny for Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper’s Oscar performance—and there are memes
The thirst is real.
Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper performed the hit song “Shallow” from their Oscar-nominated film A Star is Born during Sunday night’s 91st Academy Awards ceremony, which ultimately went on to win the Oscar for best original song. People were obviously taken with the relationship of Ally and Jackson Maine in the film—a nightclub singer who is discovered by a successful singer-songwriter with his own ultimately tragic personal demons—thanks to the undeniable chemistry of Gaga and Cooper.
And this chemistry was very apparent during the on-screen couple’s sizzling duet.
Cooper began the performance by serenading his co-star with a guitar, before joining Gaga at the piano. The pair finished out the song with their faces just inches apart, taking copious opportunities to gaze adoringly into one each other’s eyes. As the cameras occasionally panned to the audience, it was apparent that those in attendance were sitting in rapt attention of the two A-list performers. That was likewise true of those watching from home.
More specifically, people were freaking horned up or otherwise enthusiastic watching Gaga and Cooper’s performance, as was apparent by the jokes and memes.
this is literally the only straight relationship i want to see happen pic.twitter.com/uBtDIQItjI
— David Mack (@davidmackau) February 25, 2019
— shauna (@goldengateblond) February 25, 2019
— Sam Stryker (@sbstryker) February 25, 2019
Me every time my husband says he just unloaded the dishwasher pic.twitter.com/O9IXIk4bID
— Ej Dickson (@ejdickson) February 25, 2019
— Dave Itzkoff (@ditzkoff) February 25, 2019
"risk it all" faces pic.twitter.com/xuLAM9qjwW
— Arduously Adan (@manicsocratic) February 25, 2019
Others speculated as to the professional relationship of Gaga and Cooper, who are respectfully both in long-term, serious relationships with other people.
Imagine believing these people aren’t madly in love with each other pic.twitter.com/e1tzzC5Yua
— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) February 25, 2019
I KNOW BRADLEY PARKED HIS MINI COOPER INSIDE GAGA AT LEAST ONCE pic.twitter.com/gcNDeH5LfV
— horace (@trashygaytweets) February 25, 2019
Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper later tonight pic.twitter.com/5cfFiY668l
— Isaac (@WorldofIsaac) February 25, 2019
Others speculated how Cooper’s girlfriend felt watching the whole thing go down seated front and center:
imagine being BCoop's wife with a front row seat to that pic.twitter.com/A8uAX1O4kI
— Libby Hill (@midwestspitfire) February 25, 2019
— kathleen (@kathleen_hanley) February 25, 2019
I’m awkward, but I’m not “Bradley Cooper’s baby mama sitting in the front row at the Oscars watching her boyfriend and Lady Gaga eye fuck each other” awkward.
— Marie Connor (@thistallawkgirl) February 25, 2019
Irina watching this front row pic.twitter.com/1PaEd3Lij2
— Grn (@Meuling) February 25, 2019
Cooper’s girlfriend Irina, a literal supermodel, will probably be fine. Congrats on all the sudden pregnancies, everyone else.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.