- Majority of threats made since El Paso and Dayton shootings have been made online Thursday 8:00 PM
- Miley Cyrus tweets about cheating allegations and penis cake drama Thursday 6:32 PM
- ‘The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance’ dazzles with a timely tale Thursday 6:00 PM
- The DOJ emailed a white nationalist blog post to immigration judges Thursday 5:31 PM
- The Amazon rainforest is on fire–and people are using memes to cope Thursday 4:11 PM
- Microsoft contractors listened in on Xbox users Thursday 2:15 PM
- Anti-vaxxer assaults pro-vaccine lawmaker on Facebook Live (updated) Thursday 2:15 PM
- Oreos licked by singer Lewis Capaldi are being auctioned off on eBay Thursday 1:54 PM
- Zach Braff predicted Sean Spicer would be on ‘Dancing With the Stars’ 2 years ago Thursday 1:38 PM
- NYPD sergeant who watched Eric Garner die punished with lost vacation days Thursday 1:27 PM
- Brie Larson haters have a meltdown over a joke about Thor’s hammer Thursday 1:26 PM
- This comedian attempted to make fun of women on Twitter—and it did not go over well Thursday 1:04 PM
- Logan Paul wants to help the Amazon rainforest Thursday 12:36 PM
- Nutaku announces redesign and filters for LGBTQ porn games (updated) Thursday 12:25 PM
- This video of dozens of inflatable mattresses taking off in the wind is perfect Thursday 12:20 PM
Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper performed the hit song “Shallow” from their Oscar-nominated film A Star is Born during Sunday night’s 91st Academy Awards ceremony, which ultimately went on to win the Oscar for best original song. People were obviously taken with the relationship of Ally and Jackson Maine in the film—a nightclub singer who is discovered by a successful singer-songwriter with his own ultimately tragic personal demons—thanks to the undeniable chemistry of Gaga and Cooper.
And this chemistry was very apparent during the on-screen couple’s sizzling duet.
Cooper began the performance by serenading his co-star with a guitar, before joining Gaga at the piano. The pair finished out the song with their faces just inches apart, taking copious opportunities to gaze adoringly into one each other’s eyes. As the cameras occasionally panned to the audience, it was apparent that those in attendance were sitting in rapt attention of the two A-list performers. That was likewise true of those watching from home.
More specifically, people were freaking horned up or otherwise enthusiastic watching Gaga and Cooper’s performance, as was apparent by the jokes and memes.
this is literally the only straight relationship i want to see happen pic.twitter.com/uBtDIQItjI— David Mack (@davidmackau) February 25, 2019
Me every time my husband says he just unloaded the dishwasher pic.twitter.com/O9IXIk4bID— Ej Dickson (@ejdickson) February 25, 2019
"risk it all" faces pic.twitter.com/xuLAM9qjwW— Arduously Adan (@manicsocratic) February 25, 2019
Others speculated as to the professional relationship of Gaga and Cooper, who are respectfully both in long-term, serious relationships with other people.
Imagine believing these people aren’t madly in love with each other pic.twitter.com/e1tzzC5Yua— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) February 25, 2019
I KNOW BRADLEY PARKED HIS MINI COOPER INSIDE GAGA AT LEAST ONCE pic.twitter.com/gcNDeH5LfV— horace (@trashygaytweets) February 25, 2019
Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper later tonight pic.twitter.com/5cfFiY668l— Isaac (@WorldofIsaac) February 25, 2019
Others speculated how Cooper’s girlfriend felt watching the whole thing go down seated front and center:
imagine being BCoop's wife with a front row seat to that pic.twitter.com/A8uAX1O4kI— Libby Hill (@midwestspitfire) February 25, 2019
I’m awkward, but I’m not “Bradley Cooper’s baby mama sitting in the front row at the Oscars watching her boyfriend and Lady Gaga eye fuck each other” awkward.— Marie Connor (@thistallawkgirl) February 25, 2019
Irina watching this front row pic.twitter.com/1PaEd3Lij2— Grn (@Meuling) February 25, 2019
Cooper’s girlfriend Irina, a literal supermodel, will probably be fine. Congrats on all the sudden pregnancies, everyone else.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.