- How to stream Tottenham Hotspur vs. Watford Friday 9:00 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Eibar Friday 6:00 PM
- How to stream ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs. Gabriel Gonzaga in BKFC Friday 6:00 PM
- Demi Lovato’s nude photos allegedly leaked on Snapchat Friday 3:07 PM
- NBA TV is the new streaming service for basketball fanatics Friday 3:02 PM
- California residents will get cell phone alerts seconds before earthquakes Friday 2:29 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. RCD Mallorca Friday 2:00 PM
- Trump accused of ‘using the language of ethnic cleansing’ regarding Kurds Friday 1:42 PM
- Hillary Clinton also thinks Tulsi Gabbard is a Russian bot Friday 1:13 PM
- TikTok girls dancing to voicemails from sh*tty exes is a vibe Friday 12:34 PM
- Netflix reports strong growth—but it faces 3 major hurdles in Q4 Friday 12:33 PM
- Telegram is hosting videos of extrajudicial killings in Syria Friday 12:32 PM
- ‘El Camino: A Breaking Bad Movie’ tops 8 million viewers in first week Friday 11:31 AM
- ‘Uncut Gems’ brings a high-stakes gambling risk to life Friday 11:29 AM
- Mark Zuckerberg gives a revisionist history about why he started Facebook in big speech Friday 10:52 AM
Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper performed the hit song “Shallow” from their Oscar-nominated film A Star is Born during Sunday night’s 91st Academy Awards ceremony, which ultimately went on to win the Oscar for best original song. People were obviously taken with the relationship of Ally and Jackson Maine in the film—a nightclub singer who is discovered by a successful singer-songwriter with his own ultimately tragic personal demons—thanks to the undeniable chemistry of Gaga and Cooper.
And this chemistry was very apparent during the on-screen couple’s sizzling duet.
Cooper began the performance by serenading his co-star with a guitar, before joining Gaga at the piano. The pair finished out the song with their faces just inches apart, taking copious opportunities to gaze adoringly into one each other’s eyes. As the cameras occasionally panned to the audience, it was apparent that those in attendance were sitting in rapt attention of the two A-list performers. That was likewise true of those watching from home.
More specifically, people were freaking horned up or otherwise enthusiastic watching Gaga and Cooper’s performance, as was apparent by the jokes and memes.
this is literally the only straight relationship i want to see happen pic.twitter.com/uBtDIQItjI— David Mack (@davidmackau) February 25, 2019
Me every time my husband says he just unloaded the dishwasher pic.twitter.com/O9IXIk4bID— Ej Dickson (@ejdickson) February 25, 2019
"risk it all" faces pic.twitter.com/xuLAM9qjwW— Arduously Adan (@manicsocratic) February 25, 2019
Others speculated as to the professional relationship of Gaga and Cooper, who are respectfully both in long-term, serious relationships with other people.
Imagine believing these people aren’t madly in love with each other pic.twitter.com/e1tzzC5Yua— Pete Blackburn (@PeteBlackburn) February 25, 2019
I KNOW BRADLEY PARKED HIS MINI COOPER INSIDE GAGA AT LEAST ONCE pic.twitter.com/gcNDeH5LfV— horace (@trashygaytweets) February 25, 2019
Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper later tonight pic.twitter.com/5cfFiY668l— Isaac (@WorldofIsaac) February 25, 2019
Others speculated how Cooper’s girlfriend felt watching the whole thing go down seated front and center:
imagine being BCoop's wife with a front row seat to that pic.twitter.com/A8uAX1O4kI— Libby Hill (@midwestspitfire) February 25, 2019
I’m awkward, but I’m not “Bradley Cooper’s baby mama sitting in the front row at the Oscars watching her boyfriend and Lady Gaga eye fuck each other” awkward.— Marie Connor (@thistallawkgirl) February 25, 2019
Irina watching this front row pic.twitter.com/1PaEd3Lij2— Grn (@Meuling) February 25, 2019
Cooper’s girlfriend Irina, a literal supermodel, will probably be fine. Congrats on all the sudden pregnancies, everyone else.
Stacey Ritzen is a reporter and editor based in West Philadelphia with over 10 years' experience covering pop culture, web culture, entertainment, and news. You can follow her on Twitter @staceyritzen.