- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
A famous Pac-Man glitch is getting its own cool new mobile game
Only the veteran Pac-Man players will remember this glitch.
Remember playing Pac-Man in an arcade and getting to the 255th level No? Well, if you were savvy enough to actually get that far and then proceed to the 256th level, you would have seen a famous glitch, in which the right half of the screen turned into a garbled mess or letters and numbers.
Now, because nostalgia is everything, that garbled mess is going to be the villain in a new Pac-Man mobile game. How cool is that?
Pac-Man 256, which is being developed by the studio Hipster Whale, is a pretty cool twist on the classic Pac-Man formula. As you try to gobble up as many dots and ghosts as possible, the bottom portion of the screen will quickly start eating away at the landscape.
Hipster Whale previously brought us the insanely popular game Crossy Road. Right now, Pac-Man 256 is slated for a summer release on iPhone and iPad, but here’s hoping that it also gets an Android and Windows Phone port as well.
Imad Khan is a gaming and esports reporter. His work has been featured on Digital Trends and ESPN.