- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- Police try to solve domestic violence by giving victims blunt kitchen knives Friday 5:40 PM
- Privacy activist Ola Bini detained for 2 months in Ecuador without charges Friday 5:01 PM
- Twitter says suspending ‘God’ for a pro-LGBTQ tweet was an ‘error’ Friday 4:14 PM
Stay up to date on the inevitable third season of Marvel’s ‘Jessica Jones.’
But as of April 12, Netflix has officially confirmed the show’s renewal, guaranteeing that we’ll see Marvel’s top private detective back on the case. Jessica Jones‘ Twitter account celebrated with an appropriate toast.
— Jessica Jones (@JessicaJones) April 12, 2018
Now that we know Jessica will be back, let’s take a look at what could be in store for her third season.
Jessica Jones season 3 news
Lead actress Krysten Ritter will make her directorial debut in season 3, stepping behind the camera for one episode of the show.
Jessica Jones season 3 plot
Compared to long-running characters like Daredevil and the Punisher, Jessica Jones has relatively little Marvel Comics canon to work with. That means the show has a lot of creative freedom, so season 3’s storyline could be anyone’s guess. However, you should probably stop asking about whether David Tennant‘s Kilgrave will return in a lead role. He’s dead, people!
- The top 30 female superheroes of all time
- Is a Marvel Unlimited subscription worth it?
- How to read comics online
Jessica Jones season 3 cast
Krysten Ritter will obviously return as Jessica Jones, alongside Rachael Taylor as Trish Walker. The rest of the cast is pretty open because while Jessica Jones includes several other supporting characters (Jeri Hogarth, Malcolm Ducasse), they’re not integral to Jessica’s story and could be written out if the actors land another role elsewhere.
Jessica Jones season 3 trailer
This obviously isn’t up yet, but in the meantime, you can check out Luke Cage season 2. If you want to see new trailers as soon as they arrive, you should subscribe to Netflix’s YouTube channel.
- The complete Marvel Studios movie calendar
- The best order to watch the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- 13 fascinating facts about Squirrel Girl, Marvel’s most powerful hero
Jessica Jones season 3 release date
We had to wait two and a half years between seasons 1 and 2, so season 3 depends on Netflix’s priorities. Daredevil is the biggest Marvel show, releasing new seasons in 2015 and 2016, and taking the headline role in 2017’s The Defenders. Daredevil season 3 will arrive in late 2018 or early 2019. Luke Cage season 2 comes out in June 2018, with new seasons of Iron Fist and The Punisher in the works as well. So, you’ll be lucky to see more Jessica Jones before 2020.
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor