- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post 12 Months Ago
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency 12 Months Ago
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free 12 Months Ago
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre 12 Months Ago
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix 12 Months Ago
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale 12 Months Ago
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why 12 Months Ago
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Today 10:23 AM
- Pose’s Indya Moore goes viral for arguing trans women have ‘biologically female’ penises Today 10:21 AM
- Howard Schultz pens Medium essay declaring ‘unprecedented appetite’ for Schultz 2020 Today 9:56 AM
- The weirdest movie at the Oscars is ‘Border’ Today 9:22 AM
- Did Elon Musk just host PewDiePie’s meme review? Today 8:53 AM
- Loona stans take over Twitter with praise for the ‘Butterfly’ video Today 7:31 AM
- ‘Yucatán’ is a caper comedy that’s long on cons but short on laughs Today 7:00 AM
- The best memes of 2019 Today 7:00 AM
Stay up to date on the inevitable third season of Marvel’s ‘Jessica Jones.’
But as of April 12, Netflix has officially confirmed the show’s renewal, guaranteeing that we’ll see Marvel’s top private detective back on the case. Jessica Jones‘ Twitter account celebrated with an appropriate toast.
— Jessica Jones (@JessicaJones) April 12, 2018
Now that we know Jessica will be back, let’s take a look at what could be in store for her third season.
Jessica Jones season 3 news
Lead actress Krysten Ritter will make her directorial debut in season 3, stepping behind the camera for one episode of the show.
Jessica Jones season 3 plot
Compared to long-running characters like Daredevil and the Punisher, Jessica Jones has relatively little Marvel Comics canon to work with. That means the show has a lot of creative freedom, so season 3’s storyline could be anyone’s guess. However, you should probably stop asking about whether David Tennant‘s Kilgrave will return in a lead role. He’s dead, people!
- The top 30 female superheroes of all time
- Is a Marvel Unlimited subscription worth it?
- How to read comics online
Jessica Jones season 3 cast
Krysten Ritter will obviously return as Jessica Jones, alongside Rachael Taylor as Trish Walker. The rest of the cast is pretty open because while Jessica Jones includes several other supporting characters (Jeri Hogarth, Malcolm Ducasse), they’re not integral to Jessica’s story and could be written out if the actors land another role elsewhere.
Jessica Jones season 3 trailer
This obviously isn’t up yet, but in the meantime, you can check out Luke Cage season 2. If you want to see new trailers as soon as they arrive, you should subscribe to Netflix’s YouTube channel.
- The complete Marvel Studios movie calendar
- The best order to watch the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- 13 fascinating facts about Squirrel Girl, Marvel’s most powerful hero
Jessica Jones season 3 release date
We had to wait two and a half years between seasons 1 and 2, so season 3 depends on Netflix’s priorities. Daredevil is the biggest Marvel show, releasing new seasons in 2015 and 2016, and taking the headline role in 2017’s The Defenders. Daredevil season 3 will arrive in late 2018 or early 2019. Luke Cage season 2 comes out in June 2018, with new seasons of Iron Fist and The Punisher in the works as well. So, you’ll be lucky to see more Jessica Jones before 2020.
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested.