- College students burned author’s books after she spoke about white privilege Sunday 6:28 PM
- Texas police officer fatally shoots Black woman in her own home Sunday 3:44 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos’ website dangerous.com was sold Sunday 1:42 PM
- First YouTube comment to hit 1 million likes is on Billie Eilish’s ‘bad guy’ music video Sunday 12:36 PM
- Girl says she was fired over exposing how Panera makes its mac and cheese on TikTok Sunday 11:34 AM
- David Harbour teased fans about Hopper’s ‘Stranger Things’ fate on ‘SNL’ Sunday 10:24 AM
- Kacey Musgraves accused of cultural appropriation–and botching it Sunday 9:19 AM
- Rihanna defends Vogue writer who received backlash for ‘winging’ interview Sunday 8:36 AM
- Here are the best PC games to add to your list Sunday 8:20 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 8 Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chargers on Sunday Night Football Saturday 7:20 PM
- Popular TikTok teens accused of pretending to be gay for clout Saturday 6:38 PM
- Scott Walker’s ‘$26 haircut’ dig at Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez backfires Saturday 4:46 PM
- Halle synagogue shooter allegedly posted manifesto on anime message board Saturday 4:06 PM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Jets in NFL Week 6 Saturday 3:25 PM
But as of April 12, Netflix has officially confirmed the show’s renewal, guaranteeing that we’ll see Marvel’s top private detective back on the case. Jessica Jones‘ Twitter account celebrated with an appropriate toast.
Now that we know Jessica will be back, let’s take a look at what could be in store for her third season.
Jessica Jones season 3 news
Lead actress Krysten Ritter will make her directorial debut in season 3, stepping behind the camera for one episode of the show.
Jessica Jones season 3 plot
Compared to long-running characters like Daredevil and the Punisher, Jessica Jones has relatively little Marvel Comics canon to work with. That means the show has a lot of creative freedom, so season 3’s storyline could be anyone’s guess. However, you should probably stop asking about whether David Tennant‘s Kilgrave will return in a lead role. He’s dead, people!
- The top 30 female superheroes of all time
- Is a Marvel Unlimited subscription worth it?
- How to read comics online
Jessica Jones season 3 cast
Krysten Ritter will obviously return as Jessica Jones, alongside Rachael Taylor as Trish Walker. The rest of the cast is pretty open because while Jessica Jones includes several other supporting characters (Jeri Hogarth, Malcolm Ducasse), they’re not integral to Jessica’s story and could be written out if the actors land another role elsewhere.
Jessica Jones season 3 trailer
This obviously isn’t up yet, but in the meantime, you can check out Luke Cage season 2. If you want to see new trailers as soon as they arrive, you should subscribe to Netflix’s YouTube channel.
- The complete Marvel Studios movie calendar
- The best order to watch the Marvel Cinematic Universe
- 13 fascinating facts about Squirrel Girl, Marvel’s most powerful hero
Jessica Jones season 3 release date
We had to wait two and a half years between seasons 1 and 2, so season 3 depends on Netflix’s priorities. Daredevil is the biggest Marvel show, releasing new seasons in 2015 and 2016, and taking the headline role in 2017’s The Defenders. Daredevil season 3 will arrive in late 2018 or early 2019. Luke Cage season 2 comes out in June 2018, with new seasons of Iron Fist and The Punisher in the works as well. So, you’ll be lucky to see more Jessica Jones before 2020.
Editor’s note: This article is regularly updated for relevance.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor