- Former developer at software company deletes his code to protest its ties to ICE Saturday 4:21 PM
- A mysterious website is doxing Hong Kong protesters and journalists Saturday 1:44 PM
- The best ‘Skyrim’ followers and how to get them Saturday 1:26 PM
- Why Joel Osteen gets cyberbullied every time Houston floods Saturday 12:40 PM
- How to stream Jets vs. Patriots in Week 3 Saturday 12:39 PM
- 10 indie dating simulator games you should be playing Saturday 12:31 PM
- How to stream Packers vs. Broncos in Week 3 Saturday 12:14 PM
- Saudi crown prince’s former adviser suspended from Twitter Saturday 11:57 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Dolphins in Week 3 Saturday 11:57 AM
- YouTuber to pay restitution after a teen fan died copying her video Saturday 10:36 AM
- Antonio Brown sent ‘intimidating’ texts to an accuser, including a pic of her children Saturday 9:38 AM
- Facebook suspended tens of thousands of apps after Cambridge Analytica scandal Saturday 8:24 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Rams on Sunday Night Football Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch ‘NFL Primetime’ on ESPN+ Saturday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Chelsea Friday 6:45 PM
Music played a key role in Guardians of the Galaxy‘s success, with Peter Quill’s retro “Awesome Mix” playlists selling like hotcakes after each movie. You’ll have to wait a while for “Awesome Mix Vol. 3,” but director James Gunn has something to tide you over: his personal playlist.
Gunn shared his “Awesome Mix Vol. 0” on Twitter, available to stream on Spotify.
I finally got around to making a @Spotify playlist of Awesome Mix Vol. 0, the secret, personal mix I made to play on the set of @Guardians Vol. 1, especially for the drunken partying scenes in the Boot of Jemiah. Enjoy! https://t.co/XEPVmWKOh9— James Gunn (@JamesGunn) February 28, 2018
This is what he listened to while making Guardians of the Galaxy, but it’s a little different from what we heard in the movie. Rather than focusing on classic pop from the 1970s and ’80s, it includes more contemporary artists like My Chemical Romance and Andrew W.K. Does this tell us more about James Gunn’s personal music taste or what those alien pirate parties would sound like?
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 is currently in the works, written and directed once again by James Gunn. It’s scheduled for release in 2020, but Gunn has already selected most of the soundtrack songs. The playlist will apparently take inspiration from Yondu after the first two movies focused on music from Peter Quill’s mother.
Gavia Baker-Whitelaw is a staff writer at the Daily Dot, covering geek culture and fandom. Specializing in sci-fi movies and superheroes, she also appears as a film and TV critic on BBC radio. Elsewhere, she co-hosts the pop culture podcast Overinvested. Follow her on Twitter: @Hello_Tailor