- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy 5 Months Ago
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him 5 Months Ago
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Today 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Today 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Today 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Today 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Today 12:02 PM
- Democratic senator calls Facebook ‘dangerous’ during Libra cryptocurrency hearing Today 11:57 AM
- How ‘Kyle’ became synonymous with angry, Monster Energy-chugging white boys Today 11:22 AM
- Nearly impossible ‘Super Mario Maker 2’ level inspires memes Today 11:16 AM
- Madonna faces backlash for posting photos of her Black daughters with watermelon Today 10:44 AM
- Biden wants to challenge Trump to a push-up contest Today 10:00 AM
- Trump continues to tweet as House gears up to condemn his racist tweets Today 9:21 AM
- Your therapist probably wouldn’t approve of this meme Today 9:06 AM
- Batman Talisman finally lets the villains rule Gotham City Today 8:22 AM
Energy weapons get a new friend.
Apex Legends has finally introduced the Havoc, an assault rifle that uses energy ammo and that promises to be a tough challenger in a firefight. You’ll want to know all you can before leaping into another Apex Legends game, so check out our helpful guide below.
Where is the Havoc in Apex Legends?
Thank god, the Havoc isn’t part of a supply drop. You can find it laying around like any other gun, although you’ll probably want to stick to high-tier loot areas like Reservoir, Runoff, Artillery, and Airbase. That doesn’t mean you can’t find it randomly elsewhere.
Keep in mind that energy ammo is typically more scarce than light or heavy ammo. Odds are that Respawn might add more now that another weapon uses it, but your best bet is to still keep a varied arsenal.
There’s also a gold version of the Havoc rifle that comes with every legendary attachment, so keep an eye out for it.
- How to get the first Apex Legends Twitch Prime pack for free
- How to get Apex Coins, Tokens, and Crafting Materials in Apex Legends
- How to keep Apex Legends from crashing
- How to improve your FPS in Apex Legends
A standard Havoc rifle can be equipped with an optic, a stock, and either a Turbocharger or Select Fire mod. Those last two are known as Hop Up attachments. The Turbocharger is great if you hate that energy weapons have to spin up their fire rate before going full-auto.
If you go with the Select Fire Hop Up mod, you’ll effectively turn the gun into a charged hitscan beam, making it one of the game’s deadliest.
Peep the video below for a rundown.
Havoc skins in Apex Legends
There are currently two gold weapon skins for the Havoc energy rifle in Apex Legends. The first is called “Sonic Empire.”
And then there’s the “Quantum Chaos.”
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.