- How to watch ‘Kidding’ for free 3 Months Ago
- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch TruTV online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
Energy weapons get a new friend.
Apex Legends has finally introduced the Havoc, an assault rifle that uses energy ammo and that promises to be a tough challenger in a firefight. You’ll want to know all you can before leaping into another Apex Legends game, so check out our helpful guide below.
Where is the Havoc in Apex Legends?
Thank god, the Havoc isn’t part of a supply drop. You can find it laying around like any other gun, although you’ll probably want to stick to high-tier loot areas like Reservoir, Runoff, Artillery, and Airbase. That doesn’t mean you can’t find it randomly elsewhere.
Keep in mind that energy ammo is typically more scarce than light or heavy ammo. Odds are that Respawn might add more now that another weapon uses it, but your best bet is to still keep a varied arsenal.
There’s also a gold version of the Havoc rifle that comes with every legendary attachment, so keep an eye out for it.
- How to get the first Apex Legends Twitch Prime pack for free
- How to get Apex Coins, Tokens, and Crafting Materials in Apex Legends
- How to keep Apex Legends from crashing
- How to improve your FPS in Apex Legends
A standard Havoc rifle can be equipped with an optic, a stock, and either a Turbocharger or Select Fire mod. Those last two are known as Hop Up attachments. The Turbocharger is great if you hate that energy weapons have to spin up their fire rate before going full-auto.
If you go with the Select Fire Hop Up mod, you’ll effectively turn the gun into a charged hitscan beam, making it one of the game’s deadliest.
Peep the video below for a rundown.
Havoc skins in Apex Legends
There are currently two gold weapon skins for the Havoc energy rifle in Apex Legends. The first is called “Sonic Empire.”
And then there’s the “Quantum Chaos.”
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.