- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Saturday 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Saturday 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Saturday 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Saturday 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
Warning: This episode contains spoilers for Game of Thrones season 8.
For two episodes, the living characters of Game of Thrones have had it fairly easy. They’ve traded barbs and insults, but there’s been very little bloodshed. But with the Night King and his army newly arrived at Winterfell, that’s all about to change.
At the end of “A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms,” the generals arrived nearby. Come next episode, all hell will break loose.
“The most heroic thing you can do is look the truth in the face,” Sansa says in a voiceover.
While previous trailers have given plenty of hints of what’s to come, the next episode—which will be the longest in the show’s entire run—is keeping its cards close. Some of the shots are familiar from previous trailers, such as Grey Worm putting on his helmet and a terrified Arya Stark running down the hall. But now we have a better idea of where some of the living will stand their ground: Beric and the Hound are together, as are Sansa and Arya. Theon has a bow and arrow near the godswood, and Jon looks like he’ll be down on the ground at some point too. And while we didn’t see the Night King and Viserion, they’ll surely be joining the battle as well.
None of this, of course, bodes well for any of the characters we’re still rooting for.
The next Game of Thrones episode will air on Sunday, April 28.
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.