- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free 4 Weeks Ago
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe 4 Weeks Ago
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Love It or List It’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- How to watch the 2019 Concacaf Gold Cup online for free Saturday 6:55 AM
- Borderlands 3 preview suggests the aging series can still hang with the cool kids Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream the 2019 College World Series for free Saturday 6:00 AM
Polar Peak in Fortnite is cracking, and players think a dragon may be beneath the ice
Thar be dragons… or dinosaurs.
The snow biome in Fortnite may not be long for this world. The Polar Peak region has started to form a large crack in its ice as of the 9.10 update, and it’s got players wondering what could be next for the area.
It’s pretty easy to see the cracks as you approach Polar Peak. The cracks started to form after the volcanic eruption at the end of season 8, when one of the volcano’s magma projectiles struck Polar Peak, along with destroying Tilted Towers and Retail Row.
Now it seems strange sounds are emitting from between the cracks at Polar Peaks, along with what looks like air or steam.
Wind/sounds are coming from massive new cracks In polar peak! Something trapped Inside trying to break out? pic.twitter.com/nY3OUSJhhp
— Happy Power (@HappyPower) May 22, 2019
The popular consensus is that the volcanic eruption and subsequent impact from flying magma have awakened some sort of dinosaur or dragon buried deep beneath the ice. Judging from the air/steam billowing from the cracks and what sounds like the roar of a giant creature, we’re inclined to believe it. There are some players who claim they see the silhouette of a creature through the ice, but personally, I’ve yet to witness as much, and even players no-clipping their way through the ice don’t seem to see anything.
— Danny_2.0 (@Danny06X) May 22, 2019
— King Ayat (@AbdelouiahedI) May 22, 2019
- The best Fortnite skins available today
- How to play Fortnite on Mac
- How to make a 16-player lobby in Fortnite
Are dragons coming to Fortnite?
They’re easy to miss, but Fornite has actually had dragon eggs chilling around the map for some time now. As the snow on the Ice Castle and Polar Peak has continually melted over the course of the past couple seasons, more of its exterior and interior have been discovered. In the Ice Castle’s dungeon, there’s a cell filled with large eggs, so all this could point to a fully fledged dragon being stuck beneath the structure.
Perhaps a mother dragon is about to burst from its icy prison? A late Game of Thrones tie-in? Our next blink-and-you’ll-miss-it event? Only time (and more leaks) will tell. Make sure to catch up with the latest patch news.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.