- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
The snow biome in Fortnite may not be long for this world. The Polar Peak region has started to form a large crack in its ice as of the 9.10 update, and it’s got players wondering what could be next for the area.
It’s pretty easy to see the cracks as you approach Polar Peak. The cracks started to form after the volcanic eruption at the end of season 8, when one of the volcano’s magma projectiles struck Polar Peak, along with destroying Tilted Towers and Retail Row.
Now it seems strange sounds are emitting from between the cracks at Polar Peaks, along with what looks like air or steam.
Wind/sounds are coming from massive new cracks In polar peak! Something trapped Inside trying to break out? pic.twitter.com/nY3OUSJhhp— Happy Power (@HappyPower) May 22, 2019
The popular consensus is that the volcanic eruption and subsequent impact from flying magma have awakened some sort of dinosaur or dragon buried deep beneath the ice. Judging from the air/steam billowing from the cracks and what sounds like the roar of a giant creature, we’re inclined to believe it. There are some players who claim they see the silhouette of a creature through the ice, but personally, I’ve yet to witness as much, and even players no-clipping their way through the ice don’t seem to see anything.
- The best Fortnite skins available today
- How to play Fortnite on Mac
- How to make a 16-player lobby in Fortnite
Are dragons coming to Fortnite?
They’re easy to miss, but Fornite has actually had dragon eggs chilling around the map for some time now. As the snow on the Ice Castle and Polar Peak has continually melted over the course of the past couple seasons, more of its exterior and interior have been discovered. In the Ice Castle’s dungeon, there’s a cell filled with large eggs, so all this could point to a fully fledged dragon being stuck beneath the structure.
Perhaps a mother dragon is about to burst from its icy prison? A late Game of Thrones tie-in? Our next blink-and-you’ll-miss-it event? Only time (and more leaks) will tell. Make sure to catch up with the latest patch news.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.