- People on Twitter ask whose ancestors would’ve passed immigrant ‘wealth test’ Monday 6:54 PM
- Kobe Bryant helicopter crash mocked in teen’s TikTok video Monday 6:38 PM
- Chiefs, Bears, Packers have Twitter accounts hacked Monday 3:48 PM
- Washington Post reporter suspended amid backlash over Kobe Bryant tweet Monday 3:08 PM
- America is united in hating Ken Starr’s impeachment hat Monday 3:01 PM
- In ‘Cuties,’ the contradictions of growing up come to a head Monday 1:55 PM
- Racist tweets blame fruit bat soup for coronavirus Monday 1:25 PM
- What is the #ILeftTheGOP movement? Monday 1:21 PM
- The Grammys were weird and sad—but the Billy Porter hat memes offered some levity Monday 12:36 PM
- Auschwitz Museum calls on Facebook to ban Holocaust denialism Monday 11:59 AM
- YouTuber who said his girlfriend was dead now says he faked it Monday 11:42 AM
- Review: Kentucky Route Zero is one of the most magical games ever made Monday 11:00 AM
- Backlash grows against Clearview as lawsuit looms Monday 10:58 AM
- Tyler the Creator calls out the Grammys for racism over ‘Rap Album’ win Monday 10:25 AM
- Democrats call on John Bolton to testify after book bombshell Monday 9:56 AM
The snow biome in Fortnite may not be long for this world. The Polar Peak region has started to form a large crack in its ice as of the 9.10 update, and it’s got players wondering what could be next for the area.
It’s pretty easy to see the cracks as you approach Polar Peak. The cracks started to form after the volcanic eruption at the end of season 8, when one of the volcano’s magma projectiles struck Polar Peak, along with destroying Tilted Towers and Retail Row.
Now it seems strange sounds are emitting from between the cracks at Polar Peaks, along with what looks like air or steam.
Wind/sounds are coming from massive new cracks In polar peak! Something trapped Inside trying to break out? pic.twitter.com/nY3OUSJhhp— Happy Power (@HappyPower) May 22, 2019
The popular consensus is that the volcanic eruption and subsequent impact from flying magma have awakened some sort of dinosaur or dragon buried deep beneath the ice. Judging from the air/steam billowing from the cracks and what sounds like the roar of a giant creature, we’re inclined to believe it. There are some players who claim they see the silhouette of a creature through the ice, but personally, I’ve yet to witness as much, and even players no-clipping their way through the ice don’t seem to see anything.
- The best Fortnite skins available today
- How to play Fortnite on Mac
- How to make a 16-player lobby in Fortnite
Are dragons coming to Fortnite?
They’re easy to miss, but Fornite has actually had dragon eggs chilling around the map for some time now. As the snow on the Ice Castle and Polar Peak has continually melted over the course of the past couple seasons, more of its exterior and interior have been discovered. In the Ice Castle’s dungeon, there’s a cell filled with large eggs, so all this could point to a fully fledged dragon being stuck beneath the structure.
Perhaps a mother dragon is about to burst from its icy prison? A late Game of Thrones tie-in? Our next blink-and-you’ll-miss-it event? Only time (and more leaks) will tell. Make sure to catch up with the latest patch news.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.