- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
- Blue Bell ice cream licker pleads guilty Friday 2:54 PM
- 7 fortune-telling sites for when you’re bored Friday 2:21 PM
- Governor bans sex puns on free condom wrappers Friday 2:16 PM
- Is Justin Bieber’s ‘Yummy’ video secretly about Pizzagate? Friday 1:01 PM
- Woah Vicky rips out her hair in botched cultural appropriation attempt Friday 12:30 PM
- Here’s an exclusive look at ‘Weathering With You’ Friday 11:57 AM
- TikTok dudes are dipping their balls in soy sauce for ‘science’ Friday 11:49 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s denial of fixing bread prices becomes its own meme Friday 11:10 AM
- Houston Astros get torched with buzzer memes after new revelation Friday 10:41 AM
- Teens are eating cereal out of each other’s mouths for clout Friday 10:34 AM
Wick, the deadly assassin played by Keanu Reeves in the movie franchise, previously appeared in Fornite season 3 as a skin only available through that season’s battle pass. It now looks like Wick’s house (which, last I remember, was burnt down in John Wick 2) has appeared in the map’s desert region.
News of Wick’s house and the possible event in Fortnite comes in anticipation of John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, which premieres in theaters May 17.
John Wick returns to Fortnite
Though Wick’s in-game house doesn’t overlook an ocean, it has the exact same new-age architecture as the house seen in the films. Even better, there’s a damaged car that looks an awful lot like a Ford Mustang Mach 1 that Wick pursued in John Wick 1 and eventually reclaimed in John Wick 2. No adorable dog, though.
According to FortTory, the challenge will be called “Wick’s Bounty,” and there will be six objectives to finish to complete the challenge:
- Win a match of Wick’s Bounty
- Play seven matches of Wick’s Bounty
- Collect 150 gold coins
- Collect 25 gold coins in a single match
- Deal 500 damage with a combat shotgun
- Deal 500 damage with the tactical assault rifle
new LTM: WAX!— FortTory - Fortnite Leaks & News (@FortTory) May 9, 2019
These are the challenges for it! pic.twitter.com/Y4F7aiBDiB
Those gold coins are a reference to the currency Wick and his fellow assassins use throughout the second film to purchase weapons, information, and other pleasantries. From what information we can gather thus far, it looks like players will be collecting coins from fallen enemies, sort of like the Dog Tag mode in Call of Duty multiplayer.
The data miners also speculate that Wick will be a little more involved during season 9 with a possible new “limited time mode,” or LTM.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.