- The atonement of an alt-right troll Today 9:25 AM
- #StopTheBans protests draw thousands across the country in support of abortion rights Today 9:24 AM
- North Korea is using Trump’s low IQ attack on Joe Biden Today 9:14 AM
- How to watch ‘Kidding’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch TruTV online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
Wick, the deadly assassin played by Keanu Reeves in the movie franchise, previously appeared in Fornite season 3 as a skin only available through that season’s battle pass. It now looks like Wick’s house (which, last I remember, was burnt down in John Wick 2) has appeared in the map’s desert region.
News of Wick’s house and the possible event in Fortnite comes in anticipation of John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, which premieres in theaters May 17.
John Wick returns to Fortnite
Though Wick’s in-game house doesn’t overlook an ocean, it has the exact same new-age architecture as the house seen in the films. Even better, there’s a damaged car that looks an awful lot like a Ford Mustang Mach 1 that Wick pursued in John Wick 1 and eventually reclaimed in John Wick 2. No adorable dog, though.
According to FortTory, the challenge will be called “Wick’s Bounty,” and there will be six objectives to finish to complete the challenge:
- Win a match of Wick’s Bounty
- Play seven matches of Wick’s Bounty
- Collect 150 gold coins
- Collect 25 gold coins in a single match
- Deal 500 damage with a combat shotgun
- Deal 500 damage with the tactical assault rifle
new LTM: WAX!
These are the challenges for it! pic.twitter.com/Y4F7aiBDiB
— FortTory – Fortnite Leaks & News (@FortTory) May 9, 2019
Those gold coins are a reference to the currency Wick and his fellow assassins use throughout the second film to purchase weapons, information, and other pleasantries. From what information we can gather thus far, it looks like players will be collecting coins from fallen enemies, sort of like the Dog Tag mode in Call of Duty multiplayer.
The data miners also speculate that Wick will be a little more involved during season 9 with a possible new “limited time mode,” or LTM.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.