- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
Wick, the deadly assassin played by Keanu Reeves in the movie franchise, previously appeared in Fornite season 3 as a skin only available through that season’s battle pass. It now looks like Wick’s house (which, last I remember, was burnt down in John Wick 2) has appeared in the map’s desert region.
News of Wick’s house and the possible event in Fortnite comes in anticipation of John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum, which premieres in theaters May 17.
John Wick returns to Fortnite
Though Wick’s in-game house doesn’t overlook an ocean, it has the exact same new-age architecture as the house seen in the films. Even better, there’s a damaged car that looks an awful lot like a Ford Mustang Mach 1 that Wick pursued in John Wick 1 and eventually reclaimed in John Wick 2. No adorable dog, though.
According to FortTory, the challenge will be called “Wick’s Bounty,” and there will be six objectives to finish to complete the challenge:
- Win a match of Wick’s Bounty
- Play seven matches of Wick’s Bounty
- Collect 150 gold coins
- Collect 25 gold coins in a single match
- Deal 500 damage with a combat shotgun
- Deal 500 damage with the tactical assault rifle
new LTM: WAX!— FortTory - Fortnite Leaks & News (@FortTory) May 9, 2019
These are the challenges for it! pic.twitter.com/Y4F7aiBDiB
Those gold coins are a reference to the currency Wick and his fellow assassins use throughout the second film to purchase weapons, information, and other pleasantries. From what information we can gather thus far, it looks like players will be collecting coins from fallen enemies, sort of like the Dog Tag mode in Call of Duty multiplayer.
The data miners also speculate that Wick will be a little more involved during season 9 with a possible new “limited time mode,” or LTM.
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.