- Tom Steyer calls for reparations Tuesday 9:05 PM
- Etika mural added as official PokéStop in Pokémon Go Tuesday 8:35 PM
- Debate devolves into candidates shouting ‘math’ at each other Tuesday 8:19 PM
- Bloomberg rolls his eyes when challenged over sexist comments Tuesday 8:18 PM
- Bloomberg almost accidentally claims he ‘bought’ Congress Tuesday 8:03 PM
- ‘Dick Pound’ and ‘Bisexual Men Exist’ trend together–Twitter goes wild Tuesday 7:54 PM
- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
Fortnite introduced a massive volcano at the start of its current season, and now it’s starting to erupt. It’s billowing smoke during some matches, signaling another possible topographical shift to come.
The volcano started to release smoke earlier this week. Strange alien runes began appearing a few weeks ago. A fifth rune appeared earlier today, and the volcano’s smoke has intensified, occasionally spewing lava from its core or various veins, as well as some excavation sites on the map.
The rune features a meter that appears to slowly fill up the more items, ammo, and weapons players throw into the volcano. The idea appears to be that once the meter is full, the Fortnite volcano will erupt at its maximum strength and alter the map somehow. There’s no indication of when this may happen though.
- 9 Fortnite memes almost as sweet as a Victory Royale
- The best Fortnite skins available today
- How to get the Fortnite Prisoner skins
- How to play Fortnite on Mac
Like many other Fortnite events, it’ll likely have a significant impact on what the map looks like during season 9, which begins on May 9. Prior to season 8, various earthquake tremors cracked the map. We’re currently in the middle of an Avengers: Endgame limited-time mode that pits Thanos against players dressed up as superheroes.
H/T The Verge
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.