- Twitter just launched its ‘Hide Replies’ feature 5 Months Ago
- How to turn off image metadata before it snitches on you 5 Months Ago
- The ‘Breaking Bad’ movie is coming to theaters—for one weekend only Today 1:04 PM
- Teens recorded, shared videos of mall fight that ended in fatal stabbing Today 12:44 PM
- How to stream Giants vs. Buccaneers in Week 3 Today 12:31 PM
- Report: Ben Carson made transphobic comments at HUD meeting Today 12:30 PM
- Where to buy the Switch Lite and everything else you need to know Today 12:28 PM
- Facebook is experimenting with apps targeting teens Today 12:21 PM
- #LiveFromTheArea51Raid: Memes and highlights from the desert Today 12:06 PM
- Ready for Dark Mode? Here’s how to get it, and everything else in iOS 13 Today 11:41 AM
- Students across the world are walking out to protest inaction on climate change Today 11:08 AM
- YouTubers are exploiting Area 51 mania for content Today 10:29 AM
- Veterans confront Dan Crenshaw over his support for Trump Today 10:29 AM
- Google Maps may soon come with an Incognito Mode Today 10:13 AM
- Right-wing Beto O’Rourke ‘pissy pants’ meme actually features indie rock star Today 10:11 AM
Fortnite introduced a massive volcano at the start of its current season, and now it’s starting to erupt. It’s billowing smoke during some matches, signaling another possible topographical shift to come.
The volcano started to release smoke earlier this week. Strange alien runes began appearing a few weeks ago. A fifth rune appeared earlier today, and the volcano’s smoke has intensified, occasionally spewing lava from its core or various veins, as well as some excavation sites on the map.
The rune features a meter that appears to slowly fill up the more items, ammo, and weapons players throw into the volcano. The idea appears to be that once the meter is full, the Fortnite volcano will erupt at its maximum strength and alter the map somehow. There’s no indication of when this may happen though.
- 9 Fortnite memes almost as sweet as a Victory Royale
- The best Fortnite skins available today
- How to get the Fortnite Prisoner skins
- How to play Fortnite on Mac
Like many other Fortnite events, it’ll likely have a significant impact on what the map looks like during season 9, which begins on May 9. Prior to season 8, various earthquake tremors cracked the map. We’re currently in the middle of an Avengers: Endgame limited-time mode that pits Thanos against players dressed up as superheroes.
H/T The Verge
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.