- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
Sacrifice your loot to the Fortnite gods.
Fortnite introduced a massive volcano at the start of its current season, and now it’s starting to erupt. It’s billowing smoke during some matches, signaling another possible topographical shift to come.
Here’s how the Volcano appears in Day Time & Night Time! #Fortnite
— FortniteBR-LEAKS (@FBR_LEAKS1) April 28, 2019
The volcano started to release smoke earlier this week. Strange alien runes began appearing a few weeks ago. A fifth rune appeared earlier today, and the volcano’s smoke has intensified, occasionally spewing lava from its core or various veins, as well as some excavation sites on the map.
— Scourge • Leaks & News (@ScourgeLeaks) May 1, 2019
The rune features a meter that appears to slowly fill up the more items, ammo, and weapons players throw into the volcano. The idea appears to be that once the meter is full, the Fortnite volcano will erupt at its maximum strength and alter the map somehow. There’s no indication of when this may happen though.
- 9 Fortnite memes almost as sweet as a Victory Royale
- The best Fortnite skins available today
- How to get the Fortnite Prisoner skins
- How to play Fortnite on Mac
Like many other Fortnite events, it’ll likely have a significant impact on what the map looks like during season 9, which begins on May 9. Prior to season 8, various earthquake tremors cracked the map. We’re currently in the middle of an Avengers: Endgame limited-time mode that pits Thanos against players dressed up as superheroes.
H/T The Verge
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.