- ‘The Crown’ season 3 switches its cast but loses none of its intrigue 7 Months Ago
- Protesters occupying Hong Kong university post last wishes to Twitter as police move in 7 Months Ago
- Sara Lee navigates dirty Instagram comments after ‘SNL’ sketch 7 Months Ago
- YouTuber David Dobrik says his monthly earnings dipped $273K after ‘adpocalypse’ 7 Months Ago
- Pete Buttigieg took a Holocaust memorial picture Today 10:14 AM
- #IVapeIVote may have helped Trump back off proposed vaping ban Today 8:59 AM
- Whataburger blasted for refusing to serve drag queen Today 8:33 AM
- ‘Justice League’ actors show support for the Snyder Cut campaign Today 8:08 AM
- Laura Loomer may be a fringe candidate, but she’s being funded by big-time GOP donors Today 8:00 AM
- TikTok teen makes a video of his English teacher, the guy who sang ‘Story of a Girl’ Today 7:50 AM
- The teens of TikTok are doing just fine, thank you very much Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Watchmen’ episode 5: Looking Glass just became one of the most compelling characters Sunday 9:05 PM
- Man allegedly kills girlfriend, then pretends to be her on Facebook Sunday 4:29 PM
- Trevor Lawrence met TikTok teen who looks just like him Sunday 3:48 PM
- Trump’s hospital visit spawns conspiracy theories Sunday 2:49 PM
Fortnite introduced a massive volcano at the start of its current season, and now it’s starting to erupt. It’s billowing smoke during some matches, signaling another possible topographical shift to come.
The volcano started to release smoke earlier this week. Strange alien runes began appearing a few weeks ago. A fifth rune appeared earlier today, and the volcano’s smoke has intensified, occasionally spewing lava from its core or various veins, as well as some excavation sites on the map.
The rune features a meter that appears to slowly fill up the more items, ammo, and weapons players throw into the volcano. The idea appears to be that once the meter is full, the Fortnite volcano will erupt at its maximum strength and alter the map somehow. There’s no indication of when this may happen though.
- 9 Fortnite memes almost as sweet as a Victory Royale
- The best Fortnite skins available today
- How to get the Fortnite Prisoner skins
- How to play Fortnite on Mac
Like many other Fortnite events, it’ll likely have a significant impact on what the map looks like during season 9, which begins on May 9. Prior to season 8, various earthquake tremors cracked the map. We’re currently in the middle of an Avengers: Endgame limited-time mode that pits Thanos against players dressed up as superheroes.
H/T The Verge
Joseph Knoop is a gaming writer for Daily Dot, a native Chicagoan, and a slave to all things Overwatch. He co-founded the college geek culture outlet ByteBSU, then interned at Game Informer, and now writes for a bunch websites his parents have never heard of.