- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
- The ‘your music saved me’ meme celebrates the wackiest influences of our time Tuesday 2:20 PM
- This guy slapped his mom’s boobs for a TikTok and, honestly, it’s exhausting (updated) Tuesday 12:37 PM
- Jif peanut butter and Giphy have joined forces on how to pronounce ‘GIF’ Tuesday 12:19 PM
- This dad threw a 1-year HRT party for his trans son and the internet can’t get enough of it Tuesday 11:44 AM
- This petition wants Pornhub to be shut down for good Tuesday 11:03 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s speech voice is suspiciously like Obama’s Tuesday 10:56 AM
Batwoman star Ruby Rose revealed to fans that she had to have emergency surgery after she was injured while doing stuntwork on the show.
“A couple of months ago I was told I needed an emergency surgery or I was risking becoming paralyzed…” Rose wrote on Instagram last week. “I had herniated two discs doing stunts, and they were close to severing my spinal chord. I was in chronic pain and yet couldn’t feel my arms…”
Rose’s Instagram post about her injury and the “Pez dispenser scar” on her neck, which took place several months ago, doesn’t just include an explanation of what happened. The nearly three-and-a-half-minute video includes a close-up montage of Rose’s surgery, which gives fans a fascinating look, from a medical perspective, into what went into repairing the damage along with revealing the toll of stuntwork going wrong. (It’s also somewhat graphic if you’re squeamish.)
View this post on Instagram
To everyone asking about my new Pez dispenser scar on my neck... A couple of months ago I was told I needed an emergency surgery or I was risking becoming paralyzed... I had herniated two discs doing stunts, and they were close to severing my spinal chord. I was in chronic pain and yet couldn’t feel my arms... Thank you Dr Bray for everything you did and for allowing me to keep working and doing what I love. I am forever in your debt. And to anyone asking why I let them video it.. Did you not watch that Greys anatomy episode where they left a towel in a patient?? Also I wanted to see what happens when we go under.
A post shared by Ruby Rose (@rubyrose) on
She expressed gratitude toward Dr. Robert Bray, the surgeon who worked on her during the surgery, and even addressed the other elephant in the room: Why film your surgery?
“Did you not watch that Greys anatomy episode where they left a towel in a patient??” Rose wrote. “Also I wanted to see what happens when we go under.”
- Ruby Rose quits Twitter after ‘Batwoman’ casting backlash
- Ruby Rose is your new Batwoman
- Ruby Rose is all for #FreetheNipple, but this NSFW shot took it too far
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.