- @MugJerry and the quest for Instagram justice 2 Months Ago
- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
Batwoman star Ruby Rose revealed to fans that she had to have emergency surgery after she was injured while doing stuntwork on the show.
“A couple of months ago I was told I needed an emergency surgery or I was risking becoming paralyzed…” Rose wrote on Instagram last week. “I had herniated two discs doing stunts, and they were close to severing my spinal chord. I was in chronic pain and yet couldn’t feel my arms…”
Rose’s Instagram post about her injury and the “Pez dispenser scar” on her neck, which took place several months ago, doesn’t just include an explanation of what happened. The nearly three-and-a-half-minute video includes a close-up montage of Rose’s surgery, which gives fans a fascinating look, from a medical perspective, into what went into repairing the damage along with revealing the toll of stuntwork going wrong. (It’s also somewhat graphic if you’re squeamish.)
View this post on Instagram
To everyone asking about my new Pez dispenser scar on my neck... A couple of months ago I was told I needed an emergency surgery or I was risking becoming paralyzed... I had herniated two discs doing stunts, and they were close to severing my spinal chord. I was in chronic pain and yet couldn’t feel my arms... Thank you Dr Bray for everything you did and for allowing me to keep working and doing what I love. I am forever in your debt. And to anyone asking why I let them video it.. Did you not watch that Greys anatomy episode where they left a towel in a patient?? Also I wanted to see what happens when we go under.
A post shared by Ruby Rose (@rubyrose) on
She expressed gratitude toward Dr. Robert Bray, the surgeon who worked on her during the surgery, and even addressed the other elephant in the room: Why film your surgery?
“Did you not watch that Greys anatomy episode where they left a towel in a patient??” Rose wrote. “Also I wanted to see what happens when we go under.”
- Ruby Rose quits Twitter after ‘Batwoman’ casting backlash
- Ruby Rose is your new Batwoman
- Ruby Rose is all for #FreetheNipple, but this NSFW shot took it too far
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.