- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt 3 Weeks Ago
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Today 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Today 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Today 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Today 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Today 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Today 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Today 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Today 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Today 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Today 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Today 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
Batwoman star Ruby Rose revealed to fans that she had to have emergency surgery after she was injured while doing stuntwork on the show.
“A couple of months ago I was told I needed an emergency surgery or I was risking becoming paralyzed…” Rose wrote on Instagram last week. “I had herniated two discs doing stunts, and they were close to severing my spinal chord. I was in chronic pain and yet couldn’t feel my arms…”
Rose’s Instagram post about her injury and the “Pez dispenser scar” on her neck, which took place several months ago, doesn’t just include an explanation of what happened. The nearly three-and-a-half-minute video includes a close-up montage of Rose’s surgery, which gives fans a fascinating look, from a medical perspective, into what went into repairing the damage along with revealing the toll of stuntwork going wrong. (It’s also somewhat graphic if you’re squeamish.)
View this post on Instagram
To everyone asking about my new Pez dispenser scar on my neck... A couple of months ago I was told I needed an emergency surgery or I was risking becoming paralyzed... I had herniated two discs doing stunts, and they were close to severing my spinal chord. I was in chronic pain and yet couldn’t feel my arms... Thank you Dr Bray for everything you did and for allowing me to keep working and doing what I love. I am forever in your debt. And to anyone asking why I let them video it.. Did you not watch that Greys anatomy episode where they left a towel in a patient?? Also I wanted to see what happens when we go under.
A post shared by Ruby Rose (@rubyrose) on
She expressed gratitude toward Dr. Robert Bray, the surgeon who worked on her during the surgery, and even addressed the other elephant in the room: Why film your surgery?
“Did you not watch that Greys anatomy episode where they left a towel in a patient??” Rose wrote. “Also I wanted to see what happens when we go under.”
- Ruby Rose quits Twitter after ‘Batwoman’ casting backlash
- Ruby Rose is your new Batwoman
- Ruby Rose is all for #FreetheNipple, but this NSFW shot took it too far
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.