- All of the ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Easter eggs discovered by fans Saturday 6:52 PM
- Every big announcement made at D23 about Disney+ Saturday 6:33 PM
- The best haunted house movies to watch online in 2019 Saturday 4:13 PM
- Andy Ngo seen laughing as Patriot Prayer members plan an attack in newly emerged video Saturday 3:59 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Bournemouth Saturday 3:25 PM
- Catholic priest allegedly spent church money on Grindr hookups Saturday 3:04 PM
- Nicolás Maduro’s English Twitter account was suspended with no public explanation Saturday 2:06 PM
- Man claims ex-girlfriend killed his dog after he broke up with her Saturday 1:02 PM
- What are BitTorrent downloads and how do they work? Saturday 12:58 PM
- ICE cuts the cord on real immigrant hotline after being featured in ‘Orange Is the New Black’ (updated) Saturday 10:49 AM
- The 10 best music podcasts for artist interviews and criticism in 2019 Saturday 10:41 AM
- How a socialist Twitch streamer landed in a feud with Dan Crenshaw Saturday 10:07 AM
- How to prepare for your fantasy football draft (and season) Saturday 9:00 AM
- Kit Harington is joining the MCU–and people are guessing which character he will play Saturday 8:48 AM
- How to live stream Juan Francisco Estrada vs. Dewayne Beamon Saturday 8:00 AM
President Donald Trump attacked protesters who are critical of Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on Friday morning, calling them “paid professionals” and—for the first time—tweeting about liberal mega-donor George Soros.
The remarks are in reference to protesters who have confronted senators ahead of a vote to appoint Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court.
“The very rude elevator screamers are paid professionals only looking to make Senators look bad,” the president wrote. “Don’t fall for it! Also, look at all of the professionally made identical signs. Paid for by Soros and others. These are not signs made in the basement from love! #Troublemakers.”
The very rude elevator screamers are paid professionals only looking to make Senators look bad. Don’t fall for it! Also, look at all of the professionally made identical signs. Paid for by Soros and others. These are not signs made in the basement from love! #Troublemakers— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 5, 2018
The reference to “elevator screamers” comes after Sen. Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.) was confronted by women who said they were survivors of sexual assault in an elevator shortly before a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing last week. Other senators have also been confronted by survivors. Other protesters have been arrested in Washington D.C.
The tweet on Friday was also the first time the president has tweeted about Soros, a frequent target of ire among conservatives. Sen. David Perdue (R-Ga.) also described the protesters as “paid activists” when speaking on Laura Ingraham’s radio show, according to the Hill.
There is no evidence that the anti-Kavanaugh protesters are being paid by Soros.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).