- Influencer Destiny Marquez faces backlash for berating Forever 21 employee 12 Months Ago
- Chelsea Handler tackles system racism in ‘Hello Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea’ Today 9:18 AM
- Gun control proposal: Trump, lawmakers considering background check-conducting app Today 9:05 AM
- How to stream Browns vs. Jets on Monday Night Football Today 7:00 AM
- What are anons? Today 6:30 AM
- How to stream Eagles vs. Falcons on Sunday Night Football Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 4 Today 5:00 AM
- How to stream WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 Saturday 8:00 PM
- How ‘F*ck off Scotland’ became a Scottish rallying cry amid Brexit madness Saturday 6:28 PM
- A Missouri officer resigned after his Islamophobic Facebook posts surfaced Saturday 5:08 PM
- Adding ‘Triggered’ to stock photos of white men creates Netflix comedy special thumbnails Saturday 3:10 PM
- New restaurant in New York has a seriously unfortunate name: ‘Qanoon’ Saturday 1:38 PM
- These are the 10 best ‘Star Wars’ ships Saturday 12:41 PM
- Google Maps helped solve a decades-old missing persons case Saturday 12:27 PM
- Teen who plotted deadly swatting prank over Call of Duty argument gets prison time Saturday 11:58 AM
David Hogg, the outspoken survivor of the school shooting in Parkland, Florida earlier this year, mocked Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on Tuesday by comparing him to a character from The Office.
Hogg took note of Kavanaugh’s continued mentioning of his education at Yale during his confirmation hearings, adding that it reminded him of Andy Bernard, a character in The Office who constantly talks about his college years at Cornell University.
“Every time #Kavanagh mentions going to Yale all I can think about is Andy from the office,” he wrote, adding a GIF of Andy Bernard saying “I went to Cornell.”
Hogg followed up the tweet by making fun of Kavanaugh’s angry testimony from last week where he denied allegations from Dr. Christine Blasey Ford that he sexually assaulted her while the two of them were in high school.
“Then there was his testimony,” he wrote, attaching a GIF of Andy Bernard punching his fist through the wall from an episode in the third season of the show.
Then there was his testimony pic.twitter.com/Iuw9tBhKgq— David Hogg (@davidhogg111) October 2, 2018
During his hearing last week, Kavanaugh mentioned that he got into Yale numerous times in one line of questioning from Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.).
“Senator, I was at the top of my class academically, busted my butt in school. Captain of the varsity basketball team. Got in Yale College. When I got into Yale College, got into Yale Law School. Worked my tail off,” he said.
Andy Bernard is a character that numerous people on Twitter have compared Kavanaugh to during his hearings, including a reference to the character’s drinking habits, which were a major point of questioning during Kavanaugh’s hearings.
Kavanaugh describing his frat boy past reminds me of Andy Bernard's experience at Cornell: pic.twitter.com/NOYd1IsbdN— Vanessa Santos (@VanessaOblinger) September 27, 2018
Brett Kavanaugh is the living embodiment of if Andy Bernard didn’t work at Dunder Mifflin and instead became a Judge. pic.twitter.com/AtwlFt6buf— Aidan (@aidlucas) October 1, 2018
Would that make Donald Trump Michael?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).