- How to live stream Arsenal vs. Real Madrid 10 Months Ago
- Netflix’s ‘7SEEDS’ is an abominable adaptation of the original manga 10 Months Ago
- Alinity Divine hasn’t been punished for throwing her cat—and people are livid Today 10:16 AM
- Gamer Krucial B passes away during Defend the North tournament Today 9:25 AM
- Brexit supporter Boris Johnson becomes prime minister—spawning lots of memes Today 9:16 AM
- Democrats want to ban use of facial recognition in public housing Today 8:29 AM
- In America’s meme war, the left and right are fighting different battles Today 8:10 AM
- Mahershala Ali’s ‘Blade’ movie won’t arrive until Phase 5 of the MCU Today 7:18 AM
- Natalie Portman isn’t playing ‘female Thor’—she’s ‘Mighty Thor’ Today 7:08 AM
- How to watch ‘Breaking Bad’ online Today 7:00 AM
- Controversial Instagram influencer plans event called ‘The Scam’ Today 7:00 AM
- How to clear your search history on Instagram Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream the Leagues Cup competition between MLS and Liga MX Today 5:00 AM
- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
Other people had the same thought.
David Hogg, the outspoken survivor of the school shooting in Parkland, Florida earlier this year, mocked Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on Tuesday by comparing him to a character from The Office.
Hogg took note of Kavanaugh’s continued mentioning of his education at Yale during his confirmation hearings, adding that it reminded him of Andy Bernard, a character in The Office who constantly talks about his college years at Cornell University.
“Every time #Kavanagh mentions going to Yale all I can think about is Andy from the office,” he wrote, adding a GIF of Andy Bernard saying “I went to Cornell.”
Hogg followed up the tweet by making fun of Kavanaugh’s angry testimony from last week where he denied allegations from Dr. Christine Blasey Ford that he sexually assaulted her while the two of them were in high school.
“Then there was his testimony,” he wrote, attaching a GIF of Andy Bernard punching his fist through the wall from an episode in the third season of the show.
Then there was his testimony pic.twitter.com/Iuw9tBhKgq— David Hogg (@davidhogg111) October 2, 2018
During his hearing last week, Kavanaugh mentioned that he got into Yale numerous times in one line of questioning from Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.).
“Senator, I was at the top of my class academically, busted my butt in school. Captain of the varsity basketball team. Got in Yale College. When I got into Yale College, got into Yale Law School. Worked my tail off,” he said.
Andy Bernard is a character that numerous people on Twitter have compared Kavanaugh to during his hearings, including a reference to the character’s drinking habits, which were a major point of questioning during Kavanaugh’s hearings.
Kavanaugh describing his frat boy past reminds me of Andy Bernard's experience at Cornell: pic.twitter.com/NOYd1IsbdN— Vanessa Santos (@VanessaOblinger) September 27, 2018
Brett Kavanaugh is the living embodiment of if Andy Bernard didn’t work at Dunder Mifflin and instead became a Judge. pic.twitter.com/AtwlFt6buf— Aidan (@aidlucas) October 1, 2018
Would that make Donald Trump Michael?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).