- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
- New York Times endorses Klobarren for president Monday 8:45 AM
- 6 gift cards that make for the most thoughtful Valentine’s Day gift ideas Monday 8:16 AM
David Hogg, the outspoken survivor of the school shooting in Parkland, Florida earlier this year, mocked Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh on Tuesday by comparing him to a character from The Office.
Hogg took note of Kavanaugh’s continued mentioning of his education at Yale during his confirmation hearings, adding that it reminded him of Andy Bernard, a character in The Office who constantly talks about his college years at Cornell University.
“Every time #Kavanagh mentions going to Yale all I can think about is Andy from the office,” he wrote, adding a GIF of Andy Bernard saying “I went to Cornell.”
Hogg followed up the tweet by making fun of Kavanaugh’s angry testimony from last week where he denied allegations from Dr. Christine Blasey Ford that he sexually assaulted her while the two of them were in high school.
“Then there was his testimony,” he wrote, attaching a GIF of Andy Bernard punching his fist through the wall from an episode in the third season of the show.
Then there was his testimony pic.twitter.com/Iuw9tBhKgq— David Hogg (@davidhogg111) October 2, 2018
During his hearing last week, Kavanaugh mentioned that he got into Yale numerous times in one line of questioning from Sen. Sheldon Whitehouse (D-R.I.).
“Senator, I was at the top of my class academically, busted my butt in school. Captain of the varsity basketball team. Got in Yale College. When I got into Yale College, got into Yale Law School. Worked my tail off,” he said.
Andy Bernard is a character that numerous people on Twitter have compared Kavanaugh to during his hearings, including a reference to the character’s drinking habits, which were a major point of questioning during Kavanaugh’s hearings.
Kavanaugh describing his frat boy past reminds me of Andy Bernard's experience at Cornell: pic.twitter.com/NOYd1IsbdN— Vanessa Santos (@VanessaOblinger) September 27, 2018
Brett Kavanaugh is the living embodiment of if Andy Bernard didn’t work at Dunder Mifflin and instead became a Judge. pic.twitter.com/AtwlFt6buf— Aidan (@aidlucas) October 1, 2018
Would that make Donald Trump Michael?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).