- #ICEBae is reportedly a Democrat–and she has some things to get off her chest Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Fans are stoked that Taika Waititi is back to direct ‘Thor 4’ Tuesday 7:22 PM
- Sacha Baron Cohen thanks ‘co-stars’ Dick Cheney, Sarah Palin for making Emmy nominations possible Tuesday 6:43 PM
- Roger Stone barred from posting on all social media platforms Tuesday 6:03 PM
- The FaceApp challenge shows you how gracefully you’ll age Tuesday 5:16 PM
- Kylie Jenner opens up about her mental health in candid Instagram post Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Fans speculate wildly about Naomi Watts’ ‘Game of Thrones’ prequel role after leaked set photo Tuesday 3:54 PM
- New Jersey congressman joins House Democrats ‘Squad’ because of an Onion article Tuesday 3:09 PM
- Twitter begins rolling out new desktop redesign, and users aren’t happy Tuesday 1:54 PM
- Man asks his girlfriend to ‘unlove’ her ex—and people do not agree with him Tuesday 1:37 PM
- Relive a forgotten gem with the TurboGrafx-16 Mini console Tuesday 1:09 PM
- Judge says Daily Stormer founder must pay $14 million for harassing Jewish realtor Tuesday 1:01 PM
- Graphic depiction of suicide cut from Netflix’s ’13 Reasons Why’ Tuesday 12:55 PM
- Streaming titles seize 2019 Emmy nominations Tuesday 12:19 PM
- ‘Frankenstein’s Monster’s Monster, Frankenstein’ tries to find humor in bad actors Tuesday 12:02 PM
Texas state representative mocks Donald Trump in San Antonio ‘welcome’ video
‘Enjoy your visit to San Antonio, Mr. Trump’
Donald Trump‘s anti-Mexican sentiment is coming back to haunt him.
Texas State Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer (D) recently posted a video to YouTube slamming the presumptive Republican nominee for his “hateful” rhetoric against Mexicans and immigrants.
The video–voiced by former Texas Sen. Joe Bernal–discusses the rich culture and values held by many in San Antonio. Comprised of footage from mainly Latinx residents, the video thanks “the immigrants that built [San Antonio],” which, yes, includes Americans of Mexican descent.
In a Facebook post, Martinez Fischer said: “As San Antonio prepares to roll out the welcome mat to Democrats from across the state, one loud and unwelcome guest plans on visiting our city to raise money. We haven’t forgotten your hateful and divisive rhetoric, Mr. Donald J. Trump.”
A short montage of Trump shows some of his views of immigrants from Mexico, including footage in which he refers to them as “rapists” who bring drugs and crime into the United States and reiterates his desire to build a wall on the U.S.–Mexic0 border.
“We’re going to do a wall; we’re going to have a big, fat beautiful door on the wall,” Trump said during a GOP debate in October. “We’re going to have people come in, but they’re going to come in legally.”
In an emailed statement to the Daily Dot, Martinez Fischer said the video gives Trump a “San Antonio history lesson and invites him to leave his racist rhetoric behind, while he visits our beautiful city.”
Martinez Fischer continued: “Throughout his campaign, Donald Trump has espoused a level of bigotry and racism that is almost unprecedented in modern national politics. Under the guise of ‘telling it like it is,’ Trump has called Mexican immigrants ‘racists’ and ‘killers,’ and has even accused a federal judge of being biased because of his Mexican heritage.”
Martinez Fischer added, “Trump’s plan to build a giant wall along the Mexican border would be cartoonish if it wasn’t coming from a presidential candidate.”
Watch the full video here:
The Daily Dot was not able to reach the Trump campaign for comment.