- Justin Bieber fans are damaging one of Iceland’s top tourist spots 3 Years Ago
- James Charles drops 41-minute response video to Tati Westbrook’s accusations 3 Years Ago
- Watch what happens when this Twitch streamer quits his job on camera Today 12:25 PM
- Men are finally sharing their abortion stories Today 10:58 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie Today 9:07 AM
- How to stream Money in the Bank 2019 for free Today 9:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ season 8, episode 6 for free Today 8:00 AM
- These ‘Game of Thrones’ houses are gone forever Today 7:54 AM
- The 10 best anime movies on Hulu Today 7:00 AM
- Vibe TV puts a premium price tag on piracy Today 6:00 AM
- Twitter unites in collective confusion over ‘Democrats for Trump’ trending Saturday 2:28 PM
- YouTube star tweets and deletes video of his Black cousin ‘Peanut’ acting as a stool Saturday 1:04 PM
- The ‘Do you wash your legs in the shower’ debate has now escalated to feet Saturday 12:20 PM
- Trump posts a world-class golf score, and the internet laughs at him Saturday 10:46 AM
- Lili Reinhart dragged the ‘Game of Thrones’ petition, sparking debate about TV and ‘fan service’ Saturday 9:42 AM
Texas state representative mocks Donald Trump in San Antonio ‘welcome’ video
‘Enjoy your visit to San Antonio, Mr. Trump’
Donald Trump‘s anti-Mexican sentiment is coming back to haunt him.
Texas State Rep. Trey Martinez Fischer (D) recently posted a video to YouTube slamming the presumptive Republican nominee for his “hateful” rhetoric against Mexicans and immigrants.
The video–voiced by former Texas Sen. Joe Bernal–discusses the rich culture and values held by many in San Antonio. Comprised of footage from mainly Latinx residents, the video thanks “the immigrants that built [San Antonio],” which, yes, includes Americans of Mexican descent.
In a Facebook post, Martinez Fischer said: “As San Antonio prepares to roll out the welcome mat to Democrats from across the state, one loud and unwelcome guest plans on visiting our city to raise money. We haven’t forgotten your hateful and divisive rhetoric, Mr. Donald J. Trump.”
A short montage of Trump shows some of his views of immigrants from Mexico, including footage in which he refers to them as “rapists” who bring drugs and crime into the United States and reiterates his desire to build a wall on the U.S.–Mexic0 border.
“We’re going to do a wall; we’re going to have a big, fat beautiful door on the wall,” Trump said during a GOP debate in October. “We’re going to have people come in, but they’re going to come in legally.”
In an emailed statement to the Daily Dot, Martinez Fischer said the video gives Trump a “San Antonio history lesson and invites him to leave his racist rhetoric behind, while he visits our beautiful city.”
Martinez Fischer continued: “Throughout his campaign, Donald Trump has espoused a level of bigotry and racism that is almost unprecedented in modern national politics. Under the guise of ‘telling it like it is,’ Trump has called Mexican immigrants ‘racists’ and ‘killers,’ and has even accused a federal judge of being biased because of his Mexican heritage.”
Martinez Fischer added, “Trump’s plan to build a giant wall along the Mexican border would be cartoonish if it wasn’t coming from a presidential candidate.”
Watch the full video here:
The Daily Dot was not able to reach the Trump campaign for comment.