- Guy gets roasted for throwing razor in the toilet to protest Gillette Wednesday 9:23 PM
- Experts warn of uptick in ‘Ryuk’ ransomware after hackers net $3.7 million Wednesday 7:03 PM
- Video game composer boycotts Gillette after anti-toxic masculinity ad Wednesday 6:05 PM
- Steve Carell sitcom ‘Space Force’ heading to Netflix Wednesday 5:30 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez’s ‘run train’ phrase becomes conservative sex controversy Wednesday 5:25 PM
- ‘Into’ is a reminder that queer businesses can be hurt by straight leaders Wednesday 5:13 PM
- TSA agents are the latest tool in the government shutdown meme war Wednesday 4:22 PM
- YouTube still hosting bestiality images year after crackdown pledge Wednesday 4:13 PM
- YouTuber quits fight after Darth Vader fan film claimed by Disney Wednesday 3:26 PM
- Millions of Fortnite accounts exposed via Epic Games website exploit Wednesday 2:26 PM
- A man found a camera in his Airbnb and the company didn’t seem to care Wednesday 2:00 PM
- A redditor planted an Easter egg in Hulu’s Fyre Fest doc Wednesday 1:51 PM
- This new revelation about Woody from ‘Toy Story’ will blow your mind Wednesday 1:35 PM
- Dave Rubin fails to delete Patreon on livestream to delete Patreon Wednesday 1:14 PM
- The ‘some of y’all… and it shows’ meme is taking over Twitter Wednesday 12:24 PM
This site will send your ashes to a Republican congressperson if Trumpcare kills you
Photo via Phovoir/Shutterstock (Licensed)
This sends a pretty clear message.
Are you one of 24 million people who could lose healthcare coverage under the American Healthcare Act (AHCA)? Should the measure replace Obamacare and subsequently kill you from lack of coverage, let your Republican Congressperson know just how you (did) feel (when you were alive) with this new website that’ll mail your ashes to Washington D.C.
MailMeToTheGOP.com wants to help you send a message loud and clear should Trumpcare price you out of healthcare because you have a preexisting condition and then lead to your inevitable death. The website, created by Zoey Jordan Salsbury, allows visitors to submit their information as well as a message on how Trumpcare will kill them.
Once you fill out the information, Mail Me To The GOP will help you get documents to assist in mailing your ashes to House Speaker Paul Ryan, Rep. Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-Wash.), or any of the other 217 people who passed the AHCA on Thursday.
“Millions of Americans rely on protections and coverage from the Affordable Care Act, or Obamacare. The Republicans new bill will gut these protections and many will die,” the website landing page reads. “They deserve to know it. Fill out our form and we’ll help you get papers in order to send your ashes to a GOP member of Congress if you pass.”
As of Saturday, Salsbury has posted 50 responses to the website, ranging from people saying they can’t afford the out-of-pocket expenses for preexisting conditions that will no longer be regulated by the federal government. Salsbury told the Washington Post that her site kept crashing under the hundreds of submissions she received in its first day online.
While she told the Post that she doesn’t plan on sending your ashes to the Capitol herself, Salsbury plans on consulting with an estate planner to help people write wills so that their ashes can be sent to their chosen Congressperson.
If that website is too grim for your taste, the Democratic Socialists of America have created a helpful online tool to help you select your perfect healthcare plan under the AHCA (and by plan, we mean funeral casket).
Looks like dark humor won’t be taking a break during this dark administration.
H/T Raw Story
Samantha Grasso is a former IRL staff writer for the Daily Dot with a reporting emphasis on immigration. Her work has appeared on Los Angeles Magazine, Death And Taxes, Revelist, Texts From Last Night, Austin Monthly, and she has previously contributed to Texas Monthly.