- Father of mega-popular Ace Family YouTube channel accused of rape 11 Months Ago
- This Italian town ‘banned’ Google Maps after people kept getting lost 11 Months Ago
- Fornite emerges from black hole with Chapter 2 11 Months Ago
- Everything Google announced at today’s Pixel event Today 1:12 PM
- Netflix sued over line about interrogation technique in ‘When They See Us’ Today 12:52 PM
- Twitch streamer says racist trolls got her banned for ‘suggestive’ outfit Today 12:47 PM
- Everything you need to know about Google’s new Pixel phones Today 12:47 PM
- ‘Portrait of a Lady on Fire’ is a transcendent, lesbian period romance Today 12:32 PM
- Where to stream ‘Zombieland’ before ‘Double Tap’ comes out Today 12:04 PM
- ‘Deadpool’ screenwriter says that Disney sequel will still be R-rated Today 11:45 AM
- #DeleteFacebook trends amid report of Zuckerberg meeting with prominent conservatives Today 11:45 AM
- The Pixelbook Go is Google’s first attempt at a mid-range Chromebook Today 11:33 AM
- All the games coming to Google Stadia Today 10:49 AM
- Google just announced a line of Nest-branded smart home products Today 10:36 AM
- ‘Fake news’ is helping conspiracy theorists deny Turkish atrocities Today 10:15 AM
People offer up their ribs to Ruth Bader Ginsburg following reports of her injury
Many volunteered as tribute.
BREAKING: Supreme Court: Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, 85, hospitalized after fracturing 3 ribs in fall at court.— The Associated Press (@AP) November 8, 2018
Everyone is so worried about the 85-year-old Supreme Court Justice being injured that some are even offering to give her their own ribs.
RT if RBG can have your ribs. pic.twitter.com/UaxvYzDXxZ— Jeremy Dickey (@JeremyDDickey) November 8, 2018
Others are offering other organs, should RBG need them. “I’d like to offer up any of my unbroken ribs to Ruth Bader Ginsberg. I also have an extra kidney, some of my liver and a ton of bone marrow,” another person said.
I'd like to offer up any of my unbroken ribs to Ruth Bader Ginsberg. I also have an extra kidney, some of my liver and a ton of bone marrow...— Amee Vanderpool (@girlsreallyrule) November 8, 2018
“I will donate all my ribs to RBG, any internal organs she needs too,” a person wrote.
I will donate all my ribs to RBG, any internal organs she needs too.— Calvin (@calvinstowell) November 8, 2018
Some aren’t messing around at all. “I have three ribs she can have. I don’t need them,” someone wrote. “*grabs knife* Let me just …”
I have three ribs she can have. I don’t need them.— Imani Gandy Cane (@AngryBlackLady) November 8, 2018
Let me just… https://t.co/ZBLzhUsSEL
One person said she would give her ribs to RBG, but only for the next year or so. “I will literally give 3 ribs to Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg if she needs them, along with whichever other body parts she requires until 2020,” they said.
Hopefully, no one will have to give up their own organs and The Notorious RBG gets better soon.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.