- Netflix adds Top 10 feature to showcase what’s popular 3 Years Ago
- YouTube permanently bans ‘news’ channel that said impeachment was ‘Jew coup’ 3 Years Ago
- FIFA pro banned from all EA games following threatening rant 3 Years Ago
- Lucasfilm announces new franchise of ‘Star Wars’ tie-in books and comics Today 9:33 AM
- YouTube yanks revenue from controversial star who faked his girlfriend’s death Today 9:26 AM
- Facebook can ignore misleading political ads. This Democrat wants to change that Today 9:08 AM
- How to watch tonight’s South Carolina 2020 Democratic presidential debate Today 8:41 AM
- What exactly is ‘too adult’ for Disney+? Today 7:02 AM
- How tall is Michael Bloomberg? Today 6:30 AM
- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
Pete Souza, Instagram’s troll king, has yet again entertained the internet with his political commentary.
Souza, a former White House photographer under President Barack Obama, has not been a stranger to headlines in the past few months. Since President Donald Trump took office, Souza appears to have made it his mission to troll him in the most subtle ways. So, it comes as no surprise that he could not help but post a photo to his Instagram account after Trump’s cringe-worthy Boy Scout speech.
During Trump’s fiery speech on Monday at the Boy Scouts of America’s National Boy Scout Jamboree in West Virginia, the president brought up his disdain for the media, managed to again tout his victory over Hilary Clinton, and overall made the event seem more like a campaign rally than a Jamboree. Trump also bashed Obama, pointing out that the former president never attended a Jamboree during his time in office, which elicited boos from the audience.
In true Souza fashion, his response to Trump’s speech was sharp and cunning.
A post shared by Pete Souza (@petesouza) on
From correcting Trump’s sexist tweets to comparing the Obama’s and Trump’s visit with Pope Francis, Souza has created comedic gold with his blunt posts, making him one of the most unique political commentators of the internet era.
Vanna Vasquez is a former intern at the Daily Dot whose work focused on viral news, politics, and YouTube. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, she has also published bylines with BuzzFeed.