- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Friday 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Friday 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Friday 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Friday 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Friday 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Friday 9:57 AM
Obama photographer Pete Souza trolls Trump’s Boy Scout speech with a badge-worthy burn
Instagram’s troll king has yet again entertained the internet with his political commentary
Pete Souza, Instagram’s troll king, has yet again entertained the internet with his political commentary.
Souza, a former White House photographer under President Barack Obama, has not been a stranger to headlines in the past few months. Since President Donald Trump took office, Souza appears to have made it his mission to troll him in the most subtle ways. So, it comes as no surprise that he could not help but post a photo to his Instagram account after Trump’s cringe-worthy Boy Scout speech.
During Trump’s fiery speech on Monday at the Boy Scouts of America’s National Boy Scout Jamboree in West Virginia, the president brought up his disdain for the media, managed to again tout his victory over Hilary Clinton, and overall made the event seem more like a campaign rally than a Jamboree. Trump also bashed Obama, pointing out that the former president never attended a Jamboree during his time in office, which elicited boos from the audience.
In true Souza fashion, his response to Trump’s speech was sharp and cunning.
A post shared by Pete Souza (@petesouza) on
From correcting Trump’s sexist tweets to comparing the Obama’s and Trump’s visit with Pope Francis, Souza has created comedic gold with his blunt posts, making him one of the most unique political commentators of the internet era.
Vanna Vasquez is a former intern at the Daily Dot whose work focused on viral news, politics, and YouTube. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, she has also published bylines with BuzzFeed.