- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play Saturday 3:59 PM
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Saturday 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Saturday 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Saturday 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Saturday 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Saturday 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Saturday 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Saturday 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Saturday 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
Obama photographer Pete Souza trolls Trump’s Boy Scout speech with a badge-worthy burn
Instagram’s troll king has yet again entertained the internet with his political commentary
Pete Souza, Instagram’s troll king, has yet again entertained the internet with his political commentary.
Souza, a former White House photographer under President Barack Obama, has not been a stranger to headlines in the past few months. Since President Donald Trump took office, Souza appears to have made it his mission to troll him in the most subtle ways. So, it comes as no surprise that he could not help but post a photo to his Instagram account after Trump’s cringe-worthy Boy Scout speech.
During Trump’s fiery speech on Monday at the Boy Scouts of America’s National Boy Scout Jamboree in West Virginia, the president brought up his disdain for the media, managed to again tout his victory over Hilary Clinton, and overall made the event seem more like a campaign rally than a Jamboree. Trump also bashed Obama, pointing out that the former president never attended a Jamboree during his time in office, which elicited boos from the audience.
In true Souza fashion, his response to Trump’s speech was sharp and cunning.
A post shared by Pete Souza (@petesouza) on
From correcting Trump’s sexist tweets to comparing the Obama’s and Trump’s visit with Pope Francis, Souza has created comedic gold with his blunt posts, making him one of the most unique political commentators of the internet era.
Vanna Vasquez is a former intern at the Daily Dot whose work focused on viral news, politics, and YouTube. A graduate of the University of Texas at Austin, she has also published bylines with BuzzFeed.