- Here’s the best ‘Game of Thrones’ fanfiction 10 Months Ago
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ unmasks the time-traveling Red Angel Thursday 8:30 PM
- Everyone is making memes of Meghan McCain saying ‘my father’ on loop Thursday 8:11 PM
- Irony of Georgia’s sperm-reporting bill flies by anti-abortion advocates Thursday 7:11 PM
- Sex scandals are consuming the K-pop industry Thursday 5:44 PM
- Trump supporters are abandoning Fox News over network’s latest hire Thursday 5:20 PM
- QAnon is attacking a random woman in a disturbing and dangerous way Thursday 4:59 PM
- Google celebrates Bach with AI-powered, music-making doodle Thursday 4:53 PM
- RIP: The best free trial in all of streaming entertainment Thursday 2:19 PM
- Which ‘Florida Man’ are you? Thursday 1:06 PM
- Hundreds of millions of Facebook passwords were accessible to employees Thursday 12:55 PM
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme Thursday 12:17 PM
- Marvel is auctioning props and costumes from Netflix’s ‘Defenders’ franchise Thursday 12:12 PM
- Net neutrality advocates plan online watch party for the ‘Save the Internet’ Act Thursday 12:01 PM
- Tim Cook turns his iPad meme into an AirPod meme Thursday 11:46 AM
Trump moves water bottle, Pence does the same—and the internet has questions
Pence see, Pence do.
During a meeting Wednesday, President Donald Trump moved his water bottle from the table to the floor. Without skipping a beat, Vice President Mike Pence, sitting to Trump’s right, did the exact same thing.
“There was zero hesitation from Pence,” a Reddit user said. “It’s like they rehearsed it.”
This might be the most Veep-like thing so far from this White House.
Like, why did Trump move his water bottle in the first place?
But even more bizarre, why did Pence move it RIGHT AFTER?! pic.twitter.com/Q2kBHAgrsB
— Nathan H. Rubin (@NathanHRubin) June 6, 2018
A video clip of the bizarre, seemingly choreographed action quickly went viral—and people had questions.
Why did Pence do this?
Is it some code?
What does it all mean?
Was there no more room at the table for the water bottle?
SO MANY QUESTIONS.https://t.co/dwKobFReay
— Rogue NASA (@RogueNASA) June 7, 2018
What the hell was THAT?
— Ed Wallace 🌊🇮🇪💚☘🦅🏈⚾️🇺🇸 (@znoxonyx) June 6, 2018
A secret code, at the end Trump places the napkin on his lap. Kind of signaling something to somebody?
— Willie Rosario (@Salsacola) June 6, 2018
Didnt you ever play that game as a kid where you mirror EVERYTHING your sib or friend does until they whollop you?
— Barbara (@bigskybabs) June 6, 2018
One Reddit user had a more rational theory, Business Insider reported.
“If I had to guess, I’d say they were getting ready for a photo,” the commenter said. “Move the water bottles down just to make things look more professional. Makes for a cleaner looking picture.”
Pence and the Trumps’ meeting Wednesday was at the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s headquarters, where officials were briefed on what’s expected to be a heavier than normal hurricane season. There’s no word yet on when we can expect the next water bottle ballet.
H/T Business Insider
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.