- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
- Man arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot YouTube employees Tuesday 2:13 PM
- Some House Dems are backing away from the Save the Internet Act Tuesday 1:40 PM
- Thousands sign petition calling for Danny DeVito to play Wolverine Tuesday 1:02 PM
- Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations Tuesday 12:36 PM
- Police raid Black woman’s house after white neighbor complains about loud Malcolm X speeches Tuesday 12:20 PM
- ‘Transfixed’ says it’s a ‘breakthrough’ series, but it still fetishizes trans bodies Tuesday 11:04 AM
Trump moves water bottle, Pence does the same—and the internet has questions
Pence see, Pence do.
During a meeting Wednesday, President Donald Trump moved his water bottle from the table to the floor. Without skipping a beat, Vice President Mike Pence, sitting to Trump’s right, did the exact same thing.
“There was zero hesitation from Pence,” a Reddit user said. “It’s like they rehearsed it.”
This might be the most Veep-like thing so far from this White House.
Like, why did Trump move his water bottle in the first place?
But even more bizarre, why did Pence move it RIGHT AFTER?! pic.twitter.com/Q2kBHAgrsB
— Nathan H. Rubin (@NathanHRubin) June 6, 2018
A video clip of the bizarre, seemingly choreographed action quickly went viral—and people had questions.
Why did Pence do this?
Is it some code?
What does it all mean?
Was there no more room at the table for the water bottle?
SO MANY QUESTIONS.https://t.co/dwKobFReay
— Rogue NASA (@RogueNASA) June 7, 2018
What the hell was THAT?
— Ed Wallace 🌊🇮🇪💙☘🐶🏈🦅⚾️🇺🇸🥃 (@znoxonyx) June 6, 2018
A secret code, at the end Trump places the napkin on his lap. Kind of signaling something to somebody?
— Willie Rosario (@Salsacola) June 6, 2018
Didnt you ever play that game as a kid where you mirror EVERYTHING your sib or friend does until they whollop you?
— Barbara (@bigskybabs) June 6, 2018
One Reddit user had a more rational theory, Business Insider reported.
“If I had to guess, I’d say they were getting ready for a photo,” the commenter said. “Move the water bottles down just to make things look more professional. Makes for a cleaner looking picture.”
Pence and the Trumps’ meeting Wednesday was at the Federal Emergency Management Agency’s headquarters, where officials were briefed on what’s expected to be a heavier than normal hurricane season. There’s no word yet on when we can expect the next water bottle ballet.
H/T Business Insider
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.