- No, that guy didn’t really fly alone on a Delta flight Saturday 4:31 PM
- Fans are paying to meet their favorite YouTubers online through pilot program Saturday 2:54 PM
- Behold: 12 straight hours of ‘Stranger Things” Alexei drinking a Slurpee Saturday 2:05 PM
- Influencer couple under fire for using holy water to splash genitals in Bali Saturday 1:29 PM
- These are the 10 best villains DC comics has ever conceived Saturday 1:11 PM
- The Daily Wire accused of stealing art design from pop artist for its merchandise Saturday 12:09 PM
- Instagram model Rianne Meijer on keeping it real with her followers Saturday 10:52 AM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Leicester City Saturday 8:30 AM
- Florida man arrested after allegedly texting girlfriend his mass shooting plans Saturday 8:27 AM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. Celta Vigo Saturday 8:20 AM
- How to stream Seahawks vs. Vikings in NFL preseason action Saturday 8:00 AM
- How to stream Steelers vs. Chiefs in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:30 AM
- Chuck E. Cheese recycles pizza is the conspiracy theory that won’t die Saturday 6:30 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs Rams in NFL preseason action Saturday 6:00 AM
- Cómo ver el UFC 241: Daniel Cormier vs. Stipe Miocic Saturday 6:00 AM
Vice President Mike Pence is being mocked for his demeanor during yesterday’s fraught meeting between President Donald Trump, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.
The meeting between the lawmakers was tension-filled, with everyone zinging each other with one-liners and arguing about who would take credit for a potential government shutdown.
The most contentious points of the meeting seemed to come when the group discussed funding for Trump’s desired wall along the southern border of the country—an issue that could be at the center of a possible government shutdown.
Afterwards, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders described the firey meeting as “constructive dialogue,” which left many people online puzzled.
However, Pence was pretty quiet during the meeting–and people online noticed. Twitter users compared the vice president to an “Elf on the Shelf,” a statue, and other things.
Pence at the U.S. Open. pic.twitter.com/rO68ZCpt1F— Philip Bump (@pbump) December 12, 2018
Mike Pence is when you are trapped in a group text. pic.twitter.com/ibHcLRASFd— Patrick Shuck (@PShuck) December 12, 2018
what Mike Pence was trying so hard to wish into being pic.twitter.com/WP284jWFfO— shauna (@goldengateblond) December 12, 2018
Weird time to introduce the new Pence statue to the White House. pic.twitter.com/eXyasvgJEY— Stephen Colbert (@StephenAtHome) December 12, 2018
At least the vice president isn’t drawing the wrath of the internet for comparing himself of Oprah Winfrey again?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).