- A ‘Black Mirror’ spinoff mini-series is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America 5 Months Ago
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Today 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Today 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Today 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Today 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Today 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Today 11:39 AM
- ‘Swamp Thing’ gets off to a promising start, but can it tell a convincing love story? Today 11:34 AM
- ‘Falling on deaf ears’: ‘Queer Eye’ star sparks conversation about ableist idioms Today 11:15 AM
- Parents are spending thousands on YouTube camps that teach kids how to be famous Today 10:43 AM
- In season 2 of ‘She’s Gotta Have It,’ Spike Lee remains unapologetically himself Today 10:36 AM
- Trump selling Pride shirts is a grotesque insult to the LGBTQ community Today 10:27 AM
- Logan Paul is being mocked for pulling out of slapping competition Today 9:57 AM
- 47 House Democrats sign criticized net neutrality working group letter Today 9:17 AM
Gage Skidmore/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
The vice president’s demeanor during the meeting inspired many jokes.
Vice President Mike Pence is being mocked for his demeanor during yesterday’s fraught meeting between President Donald Trump, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.
The meeting between the lawmakers was tension-filled, with everyone zinging each other with one-liners and arguing about who would take credit for a potential government shutdown.
The most contentious points of the meeting seemed to come when the group discussed funding for Trump’s desired wall along the southern border of the country—an issue that could be at the center of a possible government shutdown.
Afterwards, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders described the firey meeting as “constructive dialogue,” which left many people online puzzled.
However, Pence was pretty quiet during the meeting–and people online noticed. Twitter users compared the vice president to an “Elf on the Shelf,” a statue, and other things.
Pence at the U.S. Open. pic.twitter.com/rO68ZCpt1F— Philip Bump (@pbump) December 12, 2018
Mike Pence is when you are trapped in a group text. pic.twitter.com/ibHcLRASFd— Patrick Shuck (@PShuck) December 12, 2018
what Mike Pence was trying so hard to wish into being pic.twitter.com/WP284jWFfO— shauna (@goldengateblond) December 12, 2018
Weird time to introduce the new Pence statue to the White House. pic.twitter.com/eXyasvgJEY— Stephen Colbert (@StephenAtHome) December 12, 2018
At least the vice president isn’t drawing the wrath of the internet for comparing himself of Oprah Winfrey again?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).