- Andrew Yang upset porn fans with his criticism of Bing Tuesday 10:34 PM
- Kamala Harris really wants Trump kicked off Twitter Tuesday 10:22 PM
- Bernie Sanders jokes he didn’t use medical marijuana before tonight’s debate Tuesday 9:47 PM
- Tulsi Gabbard says she’s not a Russian asset—which is just what a Russian asset would say Tuesday 9:20 PM
- Warren says she doesn’t have a ‘beef with billionaires’ Tuesday 8:59 PM
- Andrew Yang’s Universal Basic Income plan gets support from other candidates Tuesday 8:40 PM
- Christmas creep is real, and it’s all over Tom Steyer’s neck Tuesday 8:05 PM
- Stans are using pictures of Beyoncé to catfish sugar daddies Tuesday 7:18 PM
- Wait, who the heck is Tom Steyer? Tuesday 7:17 PM
- Teacher caught on video in racist rant put on leave without pay Tuesday 5:44 PM
- Pornhub pulls Girls Do Porn videos amid sex trafficking charges Tuesday 4:49 PM
- Gina Rodriguez sings N-word on Instagram story Tuesday 4:41 PM
- Trump Jr. mocked for Hunter Biden tweet about profiting from dad’s name Tuesday 3:58 PM
- All the holiday movies and shows coming to Netflix in 2019 Tuesday 3:48 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 7: The QB blues Tuesday 3:29 PM
Vice President Mike Pence is being mocked for his demeanor during yesterday’s fraught meeting between President Donald Trump, Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi.
The meeting between the lawmakers was tension-filled, with everyone zinging each other with one-liners and arguing about who would take credit for a potential government shutdown.
The most contentious points of the meeting seemed to come when the group discussed funding for Trump’s desired wall along the southern border of the country—an issue that could be at the center of a possible government shutdown.
Afterwards, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders described the firey meeting as “constructive dialogue,” which left many people online puzzled.
However, Pence was pretty quiet during the meeting–and people online noticed. Twitter users compared the vice president to an “Elf on the Shelf,” a statue, and other things.
Pence at the U.S. Open. pic.twitter.com/rO68ZCpt1F— Philip Bump (@pbump) December 12, 2018
Mike Pence is when you are trapped in a group text. pic.twitter.com/ibHcLRASFd— Patrick Shuck (@PShuck) December 12, 2018
what Mike Pence was trying so hard to wish into being pic.twitter.com/WP284jWFfO— shauna (@goldengateblond) December 12, 2018
Weird time to introduce the new Pence statue to the White House. pic.twitter.com/eXyasvgJEY— Stephen Colbert (@StephenAtHome) December 12, 2018
At least the vice president isn’t drawing the wrath of the internet for comparing himself of Oprah Winfrey again?
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).