- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
- ‘The Dirt’ offers a sanitized history of Mötley Crüe—but why? Friday 11:42 AM
- ‘The Dirt’ director Jeff Tremaine on Mötley Crüe’s long, difficult road to Netflix Friday 11:30 AM
- Here’s video of yet another alleged gunman looking for YouTuber Adam22 Friday 11:09 AM
- 12 mugs that are absolutely purr-fect for cat enthusiasts Friday 10:58 AM
- Jared Kushner used WhatsApp for official White House business Friday 10:50 AM
- Unsettled Tom memes are on the rise Friday 10:36 AM
- Trans student nominated for prom king told by administration to run for queen Friday 10:07 AM
- Trump turns on his favorite cable news network Friday 8:56 AM
- Skillshare is offering new users one month of premium for less than $1 Friday 8:34 AM
Twitter makes fun of Brett Kavanaugh yelling during his testimony
Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh did a lot of yelling during his testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday. He opened with disparaging remarks about the Democrats on the committee, and throughout the hearing he raised his voice to speak passionately about beer.
— Dr. Dena Grayson (@DrDenaGrayson) September 27, 2018
On Twitter, people jokingly offered up their own interpretations of what Kavanaugh could be yelling about.
MILK IS TOO GODDAMN SPICY!!! pic.twitter.com/vI21gytE0r
— Kashana (@kashanacauley) September 27, 2018
I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS pic.twitter.com/1IqLwxpgd0
— David Dennis Jr. (@DavidDTSS) September 27, 2018
YOU NEVER NOTICED THE DOUBLE ENTENDRE IN “BAG STOPPED, CARRY ON” pic.twitter.com/4o6dOCSxF9
— Desus Nice (@desusnice) September 27, 2018
I AM A VIRGIN WITH A CALENDAR pic.twitter.com/bkgiOE2tAV
— Noah Garfinkel (@NoahGarfinkel) September 27, 2018
— Ira (@ira) September 27, 2018
Kavanaugh’s actual testimony on Thursday came hours after that of Christine Blasey Ford, who delivered an emotional account of the night she says Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were in high school.
In his opening statement and answers to senators’ questions, Kavanaugh vehemently denied Ford’s accusations against him. He also said multiple times that he never drank to the point that he passed out or couldn’t later remember his behavior.
“They’re not accurate as to me,” Kavanaugh said of Ford’s allegations. “I’ve never done this. Never.”
Shortly after the hearing concluded, President Donald Trump praised his nominee for being “powerful, honest, and riveting.”
Judge Kavanaugh showed America exactly why I nominated him. His testimony was powerful, honest, and riveting. Democrats’ search and destroy strategy is disgraceful and this process has been a total sham and effort to delay, obstruct, and resist. The Senate must vote!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 27, 2018
But many argued that Kavanaugh showed his temperament makes him unfit for a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.
When you're just a normal even-tempered guy who should definitely have one of the most powerful jobs in the country pic.twitter.com/WnNeHsBDkx
— Matt Novak (@paleofuture) September 27, 2018
Listening to Brett Kavanaugh yell at senators. If he yells loud enough it must be truth, right? #notveryjudicial
— Paula Hendryx (@paulahendryx) September 27, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.