- The atonement of an alt-right troll 8 Months Ago
- #StopTheBans protests draw thousands across the country in support of abortion rights 8 Months Ago
- North Korea is using Trump’s low IQ attack on Joe Biden Today 9:14 AM
- How to watch ‘Kidding’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- What’s the deal with Bran Stark at the end of ‘Game of Thrones’? Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch TruTV online for free Today 6:00 AM
- Fans call out Madonna for edited Eurovision video Tuesday 9:36 PM
- Partnered Twitch streamer temporarily banned for airing troll’s racist message Tuesday 8:45 PM
- Reddit theory says fans are wrong about who won ‘Game of Thrones’ Tuesday 6:52 PM
- Elon Musk hires ‘absolute unit’ sheep meme creator to be Tesla’s social media manager Tuesday 6:12 PM
- Jason Momoa stands by his Khaleesi after the ‘Game of Thrones’ finale Tuesday 4:05 PM
- Airbnb, 23andMe partner for creepy heritage travel recommendations Tuesday 3:26 PM
- Rep. Katie Porter goes viral again for trouncing Ben Carson (updated) Tuesday 3:26 PM
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level Tuesday 2:58 PM
- Wanda Sykes rails against Trump and offers much-needed perspective in ‘Not Normal’ Tuesday 2:41 PM
Twitter makes fun of Brett Kavanaugh yelling during his testimony
Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh did a lot of yelling during his testimony to the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday. He opened with disparaging remarks about the Democrats on the committee, and throughout the hearing he raised his voice to speak passionately about beer.
— Dr. Dena Grayson (@DrDenaGrayson) September 27, 2018
On Twitter, people jokingly offered up their own interpretations of what Kavanaugh could be yelling about.
MILK IS TOO GODDAMN SPICY!!! pic.twitter.com/vI21gytE0r
— Kashana (@kashanacauley) September 27, 2018
I DRIVE A DODGE STRATUS pic.twitter.com/1IqLwxpgd0
— David Dennis Jr. (@DavidDTSS) September 27, 2018
YOU NEVER NOTICED THE DOUBLE ENTENDRE IN “BAG STOPPED, CARRY ON” pic.twitter.com/4o6dOCSxF9
— Desus Nice (@desusnice) September 27, 2018
I AM A VIRGIN WITH A CALENDAR pic.twitter.com/bkgiOE2tAV
— Noah Garfinkel (@NoahGarfinkel) September 27, 2018
— Ira (@ira) September 27, 2018
Kavanaugh’s actual testimony on Thursday came hours after that of Christine Blasey Ford, who delivered an emotional account of the night she says Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her when they were in high school.
In his opening statement and answers to senators’ questions, Kavanaugh vehemently denied Ford’s accusations against him. He also said multiple times that he never drank to the point that he passed out or couldn’t later remember his behavior.
“They’re not accurate as to me,” Kavanaugh said of Ford’s allegations. “I’ve never done this. Never.”
Shortly after the hearing concluded, President Donald Trump praised his nominee for being “powerful, honest, and riveting.”
Judge Kavanaugh showed America exactly why I nominated him. His testimony was powerful, honest, and riveting. Democrats’ search and destroy strategy is disgraceful and this process has been a total sham and effort to delay, obstruct, and resist. The Senate must vote!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) September 27, 2018
But many argued that Kavanaugh showed his temperament makes him unfit for a lifetime appointment to the Supreme Court.
When you're just a normal even-tempered guy who should definitely have one of the most powerful jobs in the country pic.twitter.com/WnNeHsBDkx
— Matt Novak (@paleofuture) September 27, 2018
Listening to Brett Kavanaugh yell at senators. If he yells loud enough it must be truth, right? #notveryjudicial
— Paula Hendryx (@paulahendryx) September 27, 2018
Kris Seavers is the Evening Editor for the Daily Dot, where she covers breaking news, politics, and LGBTQ issues. Her work has appeared in Central Texas publications, including Austin Monthly and San Antonio Magazine, and on NPR.