- People are not falling for these ICE ‘propaganda’ photos Sunday 4:23 PM
- CLIF Bar and KIND Snacks are in a bizarre social media war Sunday 2:55 PM
- Caillou is how tall? Sunday 1:32 PM
- No, that video of a Boston Dynamics robot attacking its creators is not real Sunday 12:40 PM
- Alex Jones places $1 million bounty on culprit who planted child porn on his InfoWars server Sunday 12:03 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Sunday 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Sunday 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Sunday 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Sunday 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Sunday 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
Jason Chaffetz’s attempt to mock Elizabeth Warren gets blasted online
The response was quick.
Former Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah) caught heat online on Thursday after he posted a picture of himself standing next to a wooden Native American statue in an attempt to mock Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.).
Chaffetz’s attempt at humor comes as Warren released the results of a DNA test earlier this week that showed she had Native American ancestry.
“At Disneyland today with Senator Elizabeth Warren,” the former representative wrote, posting a picture of him standing next to a statue that depicts a Native American.
At Disneyland today with Senator Elizabeth Warren pic.twitter.com/37rvaSOVGl
— Jason Chaffetz (@jasoninthehouse) October 18, 2018
The test has been a source of mockery from President Donald Trump and other conservatives. Sen. Lindsey Graham drew flak after he said his hypothetical DNA test would “probably be Iranian” and added that it would be “terrible.” The president has sent out numerous tweets mocking the senator, as has his son, Donald Trump Jr.
Chaffetz’s tweet—and identical Instagram post—were not met kindly online. Many people called the post offensive and racist.
an offensive caricature poses with a statue https://t.co/ysZQlmddJe
— Dusty (@DustinGiebel) October 18, 2018
Whatever anyone's feelings about Warren, she's being subjected to overtly racist attacks from mainstream Republicans that are also attacks on all Native Americans. This was true before the DNA test and it seems to be getting worse. https://t.co/ALAu3BOpvz
— Only using this platform for BOO-ms (@DavidKlion) October 18, 2018
Yeah… don’t do this people. https://t.co/waGrHEpxrs
— Emily C. Singer (@CahnEmily) October 18, 2018
Look your daughter in her face and gleefully show her what a low-life dad you really are. https://t.co/5eXelZ2D5c
— MJGPhillips (@Grooms6) October 18, 2018
— Shantel (@FashionandFaith) October 18, 2018
Wow, really? You're going that low, huh? It really shouldn't surprise me, to be honest. https://t.co/xiiwPVMMIx
— Niki Brooks (@NikiLouWho) October 18, 2018
He's at Disneyland. With children. Making racist jokes. Please do better. https://t.co/J9PD1jrkSN
— Kate Bennett (@KateBennett_DC) October 18, 2018
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).