- Dan Carlin’s ‘War Remains’ is a stunning VR pop-up 8 Months Ago
- Your wireless data is probably being throttled, study finds 8 Months Ago
- Mike Judge’s dystopian comedy ‘Idiocracy’ is now streaming on Netflix Today 8:00 AM
- The 2020 Democratic presidential candidates as La Croix flavors Today 7:00 AM
- Crowdsourcing mental healthcare with 7 Cups Today 7:00 AM
- How to unlock hidden filters and effects for Instagram Stories Today 6:00 AM
- In season 2, ‘Succession’ has quietly become one of the best shows on TV Sunday 9:10 PM
- Alexa Demie shares the beauty inspiration behind ‘Euphoria’s’ Maddy Sunday 5:47 PM
- Fans just discovered Lizzo’s old YouTube channel–and it’s full of gems Sunday 4:22 PM
- The ‘Final Destination’ movies are now streaming on Hulu Sunday 2:44 PM
- Marvel asked ‘Maus’ author to remove Trump reference from essay–he refused Sunday 2:02 PM
- Counselors reportedly pressured to share private info about Facebook moderators Sunday 1:20 PM
- Barstool Sports founder under investigation for anti-union tweets Sunday 12:34 PM
- Harmony Korine’s ‘The Beach Bum’ is now streaming on Hulu Sunday 12:19 PM
- How an Instagram feud led to the death of 9-year-old girl Sunday 11:08 AM
Representative-elect Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez fired back at Donald Trump Jr. hours after he posted an anti-socialism meme featuring a picture of her that implied Americans would eat dogs if they adopted her economic platform.
Trump Jr. posted the meme late Thursday, which featured a photo of Ocasio-Cortez on top of a photo of his father, President Donald Trump.
Under the soon-to-be representative it said, “why are you so afraid of a socialist economy?” The picture of the president had the caption: “Because Americans want to walk their dogs, not eat them.”
Trump Jr., who posted the meme on Instagram, wrote “It’s funny cuz it’s true!!!”
On Friday afternoon Ocasio-Cortez hit back—and even got a dig in about Trump Jr.’s father.
“I have noticed that Junior here has a habit of posting nonsense about me whenever the Mueller investigation heats up,” she wrote on Twitter. “Please, keep it coming Jr – it’s definitely a ‘very, very large brain’ idea to troll a member of a body that will have subpoena power in a month. Have fun!”
I have noticed that Junior here has a habit of posting nonsense about me whenever the Mueller investigation heats up.— Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (@Ocasio2018) December 7, 2018
Please, keep it coming Jr - it’s definitely a “very, very large brain” idea to troll a member of a body that will have subpoena power in a month.
Have fun! https://t.co/oQ6MsdJYCk
The “very, very large brain” dig appears to be in reference to the president saying earlier this year that China respected his “very, very large brain.”
The clap back was met with applause on Twitter.
Oh God pls yes more I am so here for AOC just endlessly dunking these dumbass conservatives https://t.co/ruK9XoAaz7— The Pickles (@TheBomBomTom) December 7, 2018
AOC is NOT here fo yo weak-ass bullshit. https://t.co/A2Nr5zZqUt— AbuCarmel/GangstaYid (@AbuKedem) December 7, 2018
Burn cream for Jr. https://t.co/3W7jdpYEai— Mj (@here_comes_B) December 7, 2018
I mean, Miss Alexandria is from Bronx. Her Clap back game is definitely 🔥 https://t.co/Vrb7P36EsY— Chrismy L.P... Augustin (@LikeChrisss) December 7, 2018
I offer this again as free advice.— Charles P. Pierce (@CharlesPPierce) December 7, 2018
This woman was a NYC bartender.
Heckling her can be hazardous to your health. https://t.co/cvV5iLM9nB
Popcorn dot gif, motherfuckers. Popcorn. Dot. Gif. https://t.co/HwzXpaa7tR— Pablo Defendini (@pablod) December 7, 2018
Of course, the representative-elect is becoming quite comfortable with pushing back against conservatives, as they have relentlessly attacked her since her surprise win the New York Democratic primary earlier this year.
Andrew Wyrich is a politics staff writer for the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the internet. Andrew has written for USA Today, NorthJersey.com, and other newspapers and websites. His work has been recognized by the Society of the Silurians, Investigative Reporters & Editors (IRE), and the Society of Professional Journalists (SPJ).