- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
- Harvey Weinstein convicted of rape and sexual assault Monday 12:56 PM
- Senator calls Facebook’s current election disinformation efforts ‘inadequate’ in letter Monday 12:11 PM
#NonBinaryIsntWhite is a reminder of the gender diversity among people of color
Wavebreak Media/Shutterstock (Licensed)
Nonbinary people of color have decided to take visibility into their own hands.
People who identify as nonbinary people of color have been sharing selfies using the hashtag #NonBinaryIsntWhite on social media to remind people that nonbinary doesn’t just equal white and nonbinary.
“I often feel my experience as a nonbinary person of color is pushed aside for those who are white and masculine,” one Twitter user wrote. “This is for those of you who are or want to be on T AND still be femme, you totally can!”
I often feel my experience as a nonbinary person of color is pushed aside for those who are white and masculine. This is for those of you who are or want to be on T AND still be femme, you totally can! #nonbinaryisntwhite pic.twitter.com/tg9HHPzsy5— joaquín (@gendervbender) July 5, 2018
“I LOVE to see #nonbinaryisntwhite to remind all of y’all that us non-binary POC have BEEN here and will continue to be here!” another person wrote.
If you want to see more nonbinary cuties of color, head over to Twitter.