- What is “TikTok including Musical.ly”? Tuesday 8:48 PM
- Video shows driver yelling N-word at Black woman in road rage incident Tuesday 7:40 PM
- A fan gifted Billie Eilish a jacket–it ended up in a thrift store for another fan to find Tuesday 6:49 PM
- Fans are surprisingly hyping Moby up for his new vegan tattoo Tuesday 6:13 PM
- Suspicionless searches of travelers’ electronics ruled unconstitutional Tuesday 5:22 PM
- Facebook testing TikTok clone within Instagram called Reels Tuesday 5:11 PM
- Han Solo shooting scene changed yet again, spawning ‘Maclunkey’ memes Tuesday 4:52 PM
- Facebook bug opened iPhone cameras while users scrolled their feeds Tuesday 4:36 PM
- Black Facebook employees say company racism has ‘gotten worse’ Tuesday 4:01 PM
- This fish with a ‘human face’ is here to give you nightmares Tuesday 3:28 PM
- TikTok’s piercing challenge leaves the fate of your face up to a filter Tuesday 2:54 PM
- Soldiers with top-secret clearance say they were ordered to install a sketchy app Tuesday 2:46 PM
- How to take your Korean beauty routine on the go Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Disney+’s ‘Encore!’ is a love letter to high school theater Tuesday 2:15 PM
- White tourist filmed shouting homophobic, racist slurs Tuesday 1:31 PM
#NonBinaryIsntWhite is a reminder of the gender diversity among people of color
Wavebreak Media/Shutterstock (Licensed)
Nonbinary people of color have decided to take visibility into their own hands.
People who identify as nonbinary people of color have been sharing selfies using the hashtag #NonBinaryIsntWhite on social media to remind people that nonbinary doesn’t just equal white and nonbinary.
“I often feel my experience as a nonbinary person of color is pushed aside for those who are white and masculine,” one Twitter user wrote. “This is for those of you who are or want to be on T AND still be femme, you totally can!”
I often feel my experience as a nonbinary person of color is pushed aside for those who are white and masculine. This is for those of you who are or want to be on T AND still be femme, you totally can! #nonbinaryisntwhite pic.twitter.com/tg9HHPzsy5— joaquín (@gendervbender) July 5, 2018
“I LOVE to see #nonbinaryisntwhite to remind all of y’all that us non-binary POC have BEEN here and will continue to be here!” another person wrote.
If you want to see more nonbinary cuties of color, head over to Twitter.