- ‘Bachelor’ contestant apologizes for ‘White Lives Matter’ photo shoot Today 12:13 AM
- ‘Sonic The Hedgehog’ sets box office record for video game movies Sunday 8:15 PM
- Truck driver allegedly watching porn kills teen driver in a car crash Sunday 6:44 PM
- Is the Buttigieg campaign behind this pro-Pete Nigerian Twitter account? Sunday 4:58 PM
- Mask that has your face printed on it allows you to unlock your phone during viral epidemics Sunday 3:52 PM
- Justin Bieber slid into the DMs of someone who hated his new album Sunday 1:05 PM
- HQ Trivia host and co-founder in Twitter feud amid shutdown Sunday 12:10 PM
- YouTuber shamed for fake call with Caroline Flack after her death Sunday 10:59 AM
- This MAGA-loving Keanu Reeves imposter isn’t fooling anyone Sunday 10:16 AM
- How to watch ‘Outlander’ season 5 online Sunday 8:00 AM
- Kobe Bryant’s complicated online legacy isn’t buried with him Sunday 6:00 AM
- TikTok teen’s reaction to discovering boyfriend’s cheating goes viral Saturday 4:46 PM
- This may be the creepiest Amazon review you’ll ever read Saturday 3:58 PM
- Bill Maher booed on own show over defense of Bloomberg Saturday 3:37 PM
- The Sun allegedly deletes negative Caroline Flack story after her death Saturday 2:48 PM
On Sunday, members and allies of the LGBTQ community marched in Pride parades across the world to show their enthusiastic support for gay rights. If you have never been to a Pride parade, they are raucous and ostentatious affairs, as people loudly and enthusiastically boogie down major city arteries. And yesterday, the internet’s most woke bae, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, joined in in the fun. At a Pride parade in Toronto, Trudeau gave the community his all.
1. Justin Trudeau 2. at Pride 3. wearing rainbow socks 4. high-fiving a little girl dressed as Wonder Woman pic.twitter.com/1xYQoOaPOt— laura olin (@lauraolin) June 25, 2017
Yes. That is rainbow-colored face paint on the prime minister.
Trudeau at the Toronto pride parade is just too pure pic.twitter.com/dP8kiCoZDV— claire perritano (@claireperritano) June 26, 2017
- The dirty, complex, empowering history of the word ‘queer’
- What it means to be transgender
- The pride and pitfalls in LGBTQ labels
- How big is the transgender population, really?
This is the second year Trudeau participated in a Pride parade, and he may have been even happier last year.
Just look how happy he was.
Sunday also marked the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, and Trudeau’s rainbow colored socks included a nod to the important day.
Justin Trudeau wears Muslim-themed socks at the Pride parade in Toronto. Makes sense. pic.twitter.com/a9Z16HD3xG— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) June 25, 2017
Earlier in June, as part of Pride month, Trudeau also raised the Pride flag over Canada’s Parliament Hill, only the second time the country has ever done so. Trudeau also announced his intention to pardon those arrested and charged under the country’s old, regressive, anti-LGBTQ laws, which have mostly been repealed.
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]