- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Getafe online for free 2 Years Ago
- How safe is the ‘safest’ place in Winterfell? Today 5:00 AM
- Gynecologist explains why garlic shouldn’t go in vaginas Wednesday 7:08 PM
- People on Twitter are posting the 5 weirdest jobs they’ve had for this meme Wednesday 6:48 PM
- Mortal Kombat 11’s Jax ends slavery—and gamers are pissed Wednesday 5:46 PM
- GPS app gave hacker ability to remotely shut off car engines Wednesday 3:58 PM
- Scott Walker wore jeans for sexual assault awareness, and Twitter is reminding him of his misogynist past Wednesday 3:24 PM
- Hacked Lime scooters make sexual comments to riders Wednesday 3:03 PM
- ‘Bonding’ squanders its potential with weak jokes and limp structure Wednesday 2:49 PM
- The safest place for ‘Game of Thrones’ memes is in the crypts Wednesday 2:23 PM
- Report: Fortnite developer Epic Games is working employees into the ground Wednesday 1:57 PM
- Damian Lillard’s game-winning 3-pointer inspired a plethora of memes Wednesday 12:17 PM
- Gamers are blaming socialism for making the women in Mortal Kombat ‘ugly’ Wednesday 11:36 AM
- Nickelodeon is selling SpongeBob toys based on popular memes Wednesday 11:25 AM
- Alex Jones protests outside the White House by shouting the name of his website Wednesday 11:13 AM
Justin Trudeau couldn’t contain his glee while marching in a Pride parade
On Sunday, members and allies of the LGBTQ community marched in Pride parades across the world to show their enthusiastic support for gay rights. If you have never been to a Pride parade, they are raucous and ostentatious affairs, as people loudly and enthusiastically boogie down major city arteries. And yesterday, the internet’s most woke bae, Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, joined in in the fun. At a Pride parade in Toronto, Trudeau gave the community his all.
1. Justin Trudeau 2. at Pride 3. wearing rainbow socks 4. high-fiving a little girl dressed as Wonder Woman pic.twitter.com/1xYQoOaPOt
— laura olin (@lauraolin) June 25, 2017
— Muzaffaruddin Alvi (@Muzaffar69) June 26, 2017
— TorontoNews (@torontonews3) June 26, 2017
Yes. That is rainbow-colored face paint on the prime minister.
Trudeau at the Toronto pride parade is just too pure pic.twitter.com/dP8kiCoZDV
— claire perritano (@claireperritano) June 26, 2017
- The dirty, complex, empowering history of the word ‘queer’
- What it means to be transgender
- The pride and pitfalls in LGBTQ labels
- How big is the transgender population, really?
This is the second year Trudeau participated in a Pride parade, and he may have been even happier last year.
— True Viral News (@trueviralnews) June 26, 2017
Just look how happy he was.
— Melissa Knive (@Melietcetera) June 15, 2017
Sunday also marked the end of the Muslim holy month of Ramadan, and Trudeau’s rainbow colored socks included a nod to the important day.
Justin Trudeau wears Muslim-themed socks at the Pride parade in Toronto. Makes sense. pic.twitter.com/a9Z16HD3xG
— Ian Miles Cheong (@stillgray) June 25, 2017
Earlier in June, as part of Pride month, Trudeau also raised the Pride flag over Canada’s Parliament Hill, only the second time the country has ever done so. Trudeau also announced his intention to pardon those arrested and charged under the country’s old, regressive, anti-LGBTQ laws, which have mostly been repealed.
— Cormac Mac Sweeney (@cmaconthehill) June 14, 2017
David Covucci is the Layer 8 editor at the Daily Dot, covering the intersection of politics and the web. His work has appeared in Vice, the Huffington Post, Jezebel, Gothamist, and other publications. He is particularly interested in hearing any tips you have. Reach out at [email protected]