- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em, Week 3: At the Bakery Tuesday 4:38 PM
- Alex Trebek says he will be undergoing chemotherapy again Tuesday 4:27 PM
- Dan Crenshaw roasted after attacking Sanders’ call for veteran care Tuesday 4:19 PM
- How to stream NXT for its USA network debut Tuesday 4:12 PM
- This website will show you how AI classifies you Tuesday 3:22 PM
- School tells Black 4-year-old to cut his hair or wear a dress Tuesday 3:17 PM
- Lizzo called a ‘snitch’ for accusing Postmates runner of stealing food Tuesday 2:30 PM
Despite some setbacks, Snapchat is still one of the most popular apps for communicating with friends. Sometimes, though, a Snapchat friend might decide it’s time to part ways. But how can you find out if someone blocked you on Snapchat? Like most other messaging services, Snapchat won’t alert users to when they’ve been blocked, but there are still ways to find out. Here’s how to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat.
How to know if someone blocked you on Snapchat
Although there isn’t a dedicated way to check who has blocked you, there are several tricks you can use to determine which users decided to ghost you. Most of the tips are relatively easy and only take a few minutes. All you need is a general understanding of the Snapchat app.
1) Search the user’s full name or username
One of the easiest ways to see whether you have been blocked by someone is to search their full name or username. This can be done by selecting the magnifying glass icon and entering their information.
If the user does not appear, that’s a good sign you’ve been blocked. If their account does appear, it’s possible you were merely deleted from their Friends list.
Just to make sure, a user can also perform the same search from another Snapchat account, such as a friend’s. If your friend can see an account that you can’t, it’s likely a block took place.
- How to increase your Snapchat score
- How to unblock someone on Snapchat
- Snapchat Trophies: How to get them and what they mean
2) Check your recent conversations
Another way to check whether someone has blocked you is to look at your recent conversations. If you have messaged the individual in the past, you should be able to see them in your Conversations list.
To check, first select the speech bubble icon. Next, scroll through your Conversations list to look for their username. If the individual does not appear, there’s a good chance you have been blocked.
If you do see their name, however, sending them a message can also help. If there is no response, you may not have been blocked. If you are met with a notification that states “Failed to send your message – Tap to try again,” that’s another sign that you were axed by your pal.
3) Check your contact list
Perhaps the quickest way to see whether someone has blocked you is to take a peek at your contact list. Simply search their name, and if they don’t snow up, you were almost certainly blocked.
That’s it! Now you know how to find out if someone blocked you on Snapchat.
Need more help? Here’s our beginner’s guide to the best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions. We can also help you flirt on Snapchat, delete Snapchat messages, save Snapchat videos, find celebrities Snapchats, create a geofilter, and collect Snapchat Trophies.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.