- Workers claim Google made spy tool to prevent them from organizing Wednesday 8:13 PM
- Hailey Bieber denies shading Selena Gomez with ‘I’ll Kill You’ Instagram post Wednesday 7:46 PM
- Trump signed an ego tweet sheet for Tomi Lahren–and it features conspiracy theorists Wednesday 6:59 PM
- Attorneys say ICE deleted evidence pertaining to transgender asylum seeker’s death Wednesday 6:24 PM
- Everything you need to know about VSCO filter codes Wednesday 6:17 PM
- Are users prepared to pay for Gmail storage space? Wednesday 6:09 PM
- Facebook pledges $1 billion to fight housing crisis it helped create Wednesday 5:16 PM
- Lizzo officially credits ‘DNA test’ tweet writer on ‘Truth Hurts’ Wednesday 4:50 PM
- Pornhub takes down videos secretly filmed in a college women’s locker room Wednesday 4:15 PM
- Google Maps on iPhone now shows you speed traps Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Here’s why you’re seeing ‘rise and shine’ all over social media Wednesday 3:45 PM
- AOC grills Zuckerberg over false political ads on Facebook Wednesday 3:27 PM
- Fox News promotes pro-faith, anti-antifa film ‘The Reliant’ Wednesday 3:17 PM
- Cardi B to star in ‘Fast & Furious 9’ Wednesday 3:12 PM
- AOC on opening her DMs: ‘By this morning, it was trash’ Wednesday 2:26 PM
Social media often feels like a contest, and thanks to Snapchat‘s trophy system, it now actually has rewards.
You’ve most likely unlocked a few trophies accidentally while Snapchatting. They’re cute little emoji that stack up in your trophy case. Snapchat trophies are an ingenious ploy to get you to engage with the app more, a way of rewarding you for trying new things and sharing more on the platform. But just because it’s obvious, that doesn’t make them any less fun to collect.
Unless you’re a power user, you’ve most likely never seen them all. That ends now. Here’s our guide to Snapchat trophies.
One Finger: You’ve sent a snap using one filter. This is a starter trophy.
Two Fingers: You’ve sent a snap using two filters. You are an artist.
Baby Face: Your Snapchat score has reached 10. You have learned to walk.
Sunface: You’ve sent a snap with the temperature filter above 100° F. If you live in Alaska, travel to get this trophy.
Half Moon: You’ve sent 50 snaps in night mode, which uses the app’s low-light camera. It automatically activates, but if you want to use it in normal light, simply cover the camera for a few seconds to activate.
Panda Bear: You’ve sent 50 snaps with the black-and-white filter. We appreciate your classic sense of composition.
Monkey Covering Ears: You’ve sent a snap without sound. You may have earned this without realizing it.
- The best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions
- The ultimate guide to Snapchat flirting
- How to use Snapchat: A beginner’s guide
Devil: You’ve sent 1,000 snaps with the front-facing camera. Vanity is your sin and your reward.
Rainbow: You’ve sent 10 snaps using five or more pen colors. You are a true artist.
Lollipop: You’ve sent one snap using five or more colors. You are working up to being a true artist.
Paint Palette: You have sent 50 snaps using five or more colors. Your snaps would be hung in an art museum if they didn’t disappear.
Star: Your Snapchat score hit 100. You are popular.
Sparkles: Your Snapchat score hit 1,000. You are very popular.
Shooting Star: Your Snapchat score hit 10,000. You are much more popular than the Sparkles.
Explosion: Your Snapchat score hit 50,000. You can now say you are viral online.
Rocket: Your Snapchat score is 100,000. Everyone wants to be you. You are a superstar.
Ghost: Your Snapchat score has reached 500,000. Your life is over. There is now only Snapchat.
Snow: You sent a Snap with a below freezing rating on the temperature filter. Burrrrrrr.
VHS Tape: You’ve sent a video Snap. You’ve made a found footage film.
Film Camera: You’ve sent 50 video Snaps. You are now Snapchat Kevin Smith.
Camcorder: You have sent 500 video Snaps. For some reason this has downgraded your camera.
Cooking Egg: You have sent a Snap between 4:00am and 5:00am. Your friends are proud of your for getting up early or worried you’re still up.
ABCD: You’ve sent 100 Snaps with enlarged text. Your friends don’t squint to read your snaps.
Microscope: You’ve sent 10 zoomed in video snaps. Planet Earth should hire you.
Magnifying Glass: You’ve sent 10 Snaps zoomed in all the way. We hope you found what you were looking for.
Flashlight: You’ve sent 10 snaps using the front flash. Get your photo nighttime warrior.
Rewind: You’ve sent a snap that switches from the front-facing to the rear-facing camera. Your direction is remarkable.
Loop: You’ve sent a snap where the camera flipped front to back five times in one snap. What is going on?
Rotation: You’ve sent a snap where the camera flipped front to back 10 times in one snap. This is either art or a cry for help.
Smiling Purple Devil: You’ve screenshotted a snap. Hopefully, it was just a funny cat and not a nude someone trusted you with.
Angry Purple Devil: You’ve screenshotted 10 snaps. No one should trust you with their nudes or you’re a big fan of fancy cats.
- Snapchat emoji: The definitive guide
- Celebrity Snapchats: 40 stars to follow
- How create a geofilter for Snapchat
Red Evil Mask: You’ve screenshotted 50 snaps. You have some explaining to do.
Telephone: You’ve verified your phone number with Snapchat. Your friend can find you easier now.
Email: You have verified your email with Snaphat.
Radio: You’ve submitted a Snapchat Story. Next stop NPR.
Fax Machine: You’ve scanned five Snapchat codes. Good for you.
Film Clapper: You’ve submitted 10 snaps to the Live Local Story feature. Thanks, reporter!
Chainlink: You’ve connected your Bitmoji account with Snapchat. Show us your true face.
Floppy Disc: You’ve saved 10 snaps in your Memories. Look back on what you’ve done.
CD: You’ve saved 100 snaps in your Memories. That’s a big collection.
DVD: You’ve saved 1,000 snaps in your Memories. You have so much storage on your phone.
Globe: Your snap got posted on a Live Story.
White Circle: You’ve sent a Story from Memories.
Blue Circle: You’ve created a Story in Memories. Share it!
Minidisc: You’ve saved a Story to Memories. We wonder how many Snapchat users were alive when minidiscs were around.
Eyes Looking Away: You’ve set up My Eyes Only in Memories. To move a Memory to Eyes Only, select the image in Memories, hit Edit and Send, and then press the drop down menu to the top right of the screen. This will allow you to move your Snap to Eyes Only. In this mode, you will need to enter a password for people to see your protected Snaps.
Detective: Searched for a Snap in Memories. You are a detective of your own past.
Bullseye: You’ve added five people or friends using the Add Nearby setting. Hopefully they followed you back. Either way, you’re a mighty hunter.
Flying Cash: You’ve sent someone money using Snapcash. What did you buy? Tell us what you bought!
Now that you know what all of those Snapchat trophies mean and how to get them, let’s talk about how to access them.
1. Tap the Snapchat ghost icon from your Camera screen.
2. Select the trophy icon from your Profile menu.
3. Bask in all your glory. You can tap on each trophy to learn more about.
We hope you’re inspired to get out there and start snapping or, if you already have all these trophies, to think about how you spend your time.
John-Michael Bond is a tech reporter and culture writer for Daily Dot. A longtime cord-cutter and early adopter, he's an expert on streaming services (Hulu with Live TV), devices (Roku, Amazon Fire), and anime. A former staff writer for TUAW, he's knowledgeable on all things Apple and Android. You can also also find him regularly performing standup comedy in Los Angeles.