- iPhone overloaded? Here’s how to cancel app subscriptions Monday 11:02 PM
- Fan-created ‘app’ lets users experience the final moments of the ill-fated Jeremy Renner app Monday 10:00 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos receives lifetime ban from furry convention Monday 7:49 PM
- Snapchat just made all political ads purchased publicly available Monday 6:12 PM
- How to stream Barcelona vs. Borussia Dortmund in Champions League action Monday 5:39 PM
- How to stream Liverpool vs. Napoli in Champions League action Monday 5:19 PM
- How to make real money with Amazon’s Mechanical Turk Monday 5:03 PM
- How to stream Chelsea vs. Valencia in the Champions League group stage Monday 4:47 PM
- ‘SNL’ fires Shane Gillis for racist, homophobic comments Monday 4:41 PM
- Ben Shapiro wants accusers to describe Brett Kavanaugh’s penis Monday 4:30 PM
- Twitch suspends streamer for wearing Chun-Li cosplay Monday 4:11 PM
- Report: 8 years of Trump tax returns subpoenaed by prosecutors Monday 3:45 PM
- Netflix lands exclusive streaming rights to ‘Seinfeld’ Monday 3:34 PM
- Jenny Slate sets first comedy special at Netflix Monday 3:05 PM
- #EndSmearFear is aiming to save lives Monday 2:54 PM
For those who were never blessed with tech-savvy, here’s a handy guide on how to change your TikTok username. But be forewarned: The app only allows username changes once every 30 days, so make sure it’s one you want to keep for a least a month. Once you’ve decided on a new handle, head into the app and follow these steps. Here’s everything you need to know to change your TikTok username.
How to change your TikTok username
1) Open the TikTok app and login using your existing credentials.
Click the “Me” icon in the bottom right-hand of the screen to login. You will be taken back to the “Home” page after logging in, so you will need to click the “Me” icon again to go to your profile page.
2) Click the “Edit Profile” button beneath your profile picture and username.
3) Tap your existing username located next to the “Me” icon below your profile picture and then type in your new TikTok username.
Once you click the old username, a box will appear warning you about the rule barring you from changing your TikTok username more than once within 30 days. Tap “Got it” and proceed to type the new username.
4) Tap the “Save” option in the top right-hand corner when finished.
If the new username is already taken, a red banner will appear at the top of the screen with a message prompting you to choose a different one. Otherwise, you are good to go.
- What is TikTok?
- How to duet on TikTok
- The best TikTok memes and challenges
- How to add text on TikTok
Looking for more tech help? Here’s how to lock down your Facebook privacy settings, how to use the secret trick to downloading full-resolution Instagram photos, and our guide to the best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions.
Caitlin Davis is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and the Austin Chronicle.