- ‘Weathering With You’ blends fantasy and realism in a magical love story Saturday 6:18 PM
- Kidnapped teen used Snapchat to get rescued Saturday 4:35 PM
- What fans do and don’t want to see in future ‘Far Cry’ installments Saturday 4:26 PM
- Aaron Carter accused of stealing lion art for merch Saturday 3:10 PM
- Instagram’s hidden like counts were inspired by a ‘Black Mirror’ episode Saturday 2:06 PM
- Student says they were expelled for tricking teacher into making inappropriate TikTok Saturday 12:26 PM
- Space Force uniforms relentlessly mocked, memed Saturday 10:52 AM
- Man flamed after admitting he called police on Target employee over a toothbrush Saturday 9:10 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Vivir Dos Veces’ searches for a last chance at first love Saturday 8:00 AM
- Camila Cabello must do more about her racist history Saturday 6:00 AM
- Instagram and Facebook are reportedly blocking queer ads Friday 8:58 PM
- Review: Tyler Perry’s ‘A Fall From Grace’ is both nonsensical and utterly predictable Friday 6:48 PM
- Is Hulu censoring the Iran episode of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘Parts Unknown’? Friday 6:05 PM
- Trump admin celebrates Michelle Obama’s birthday by proposing rollback of her signature initiative Friday 4:01 PM
- TSA apologizes after agent grabs indigenous woman’s braids, says ‘giddyup’ Friday 3:28 PM
For those who were never blessed with tech-savvy, here’s a handy guide on how to change your TikTok username. But be forewarned: The app only allows username changes once every 30 days, so make sure it’s one you want to keep for a least a month. Once you’ve decided on a new handle, head into the app and follow these steps. Here’s everything you need to know to change your TikTok username.
How to change your TikTok username
1) Open the TikTok app and login using your existing credentials.
Click the “Me” icon in the bottom right-hand of the screen to login. You will be taken back to the “Home” page after logging in, so you will need to click the “Me” icon again to go to your profile page.
2) Click the “Edit Profile” button beneath your profile picture and username.
3) Tap your existing username located next to the “Me” icon below your profile picture and then type in your new TikTok username.
Once you click the old username, a box will appear warning you about the rule barring you from changing your TikTok username more than once within 30 days. Tap “Got it” and proceed to type the new username.
4) Tap the “Save” option in the top right-hand corner when finished.
If the new username is already taken, a red banner will appear at the top of the screen with a message prompting you to choose a different one. Otherwise, you are good to go.
- What is TikTok?
- How to duet on TikTok
- The best TikTok memes and challenges
- How to add text on TikTok
Looking for more tech help? Here’s how to lock down your Facebook privacy settings, how to use the secret trick to downloading full-resolution Instagram photos, and our guide to the best Snapchat hacks, tips, tricks, and secret functions.
Caitlin Davis is an editorial intern for the Daily Dot studying journalism and Arabic at the University of Texas at Austin. Her work has appeared in the Daily Texan and the Austin Chronicle.