5 things to do during Vine's service outage
Aside from an occasional delay in sharing Vines to Twitter, Vine has worked swimmingly for many of its users so far. But the video-sharing app appeared to be struggling midday Tuesday.
While the top post section was still viewable, a message noted that "most functionality will be disabled until service is restored."
That's hardly as cute as Twitter's Fail Whale, is it?
As fascinating as Vine is, it hasn't had its troubles to seek as it emerges from the seed state to a massive botanic entity (forgive that metaphor). It has several functional issues to address before it can really sing, while a porn clip showed up in the Editor's Picks section.
If Vine is down for you and you're panicking for something to do in the meantime, relax. Here are five things you can do to pass the time:
1) Watch these astonishing YouTube videos from concernedmom420.
2) Get hypnotized by this real-time visualization of tweets from around the world.
3) Make your voice heard if you're pissed about Tumblr's design changes.
4) Get some work/studying done. The sensible option isn't always the funnest, mind.
5) Go back to Instagram for a while. It's OK, people are still sharing things they eat there as well.
Photo by Scientific Quilter/Flickr, screenshot by Jordan Valinsky
Japan accepts U.S. giant-robot battle challenge
What a time to be alive.14k
The Philae comet lander may have discovered alien life
Don't get too excited just yet. The findings haven't been verified.5.7k
South Carolina State Senate votes to take down Confederate flag
The vote sets up another vote and then an almost-certain signature by the governor.4.4k
Download the 5 best rap mixtapes of 2015
Catch up with stellar releases from T-Pain, Future, and others.
Counter-Strike squad affNity signs with 3sUP
3sUP is best know for its Call of Duty outings.122