- Conservatives want a war on porn. It’s puritanical sex values that need to go 4 Months Ago
- The year in Meghan McCain news cycles Today 6:30 AM
- Why Tumblr is totally obsessed with 2 characters from Stephen King’s ‘It’ Today 6:00 AM
- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
- This new Chinese video game lets players attack Hong Kong protesters Monday 3:05 PM
- These TikTok videos that recreate NPC interactions from Skyrim are honestly incredible Monday 2:40 PM
- John Legend defends pro-consent ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ lyrics Monday 2:38 PM
- Video shows UC Berkeley student using racial slurs, making homophobic comments Monday 2:36 PM
- New video reveals Brother Nature instigated sandwich shop fight Monday 2:06 PM
- Lizzo’s thong dress breaks the internet Monday 1:25 PM
- Pixel Buds 2 or Apple AirPods 2: Which are right for you? Monday 1:09 PM
- It’s 2019: Make your holiday cards online, for free this year Monday 12:47 PM
From the creators of Eastbound and Down and Vice Principals, comes a new comedy of biblical proportions. Literally.
Televangelists are often far from saintly, but the Gemstones take their hypocrisy to a whole new level. The patriarch, Eli, founded the megachurch that made family famously wealthy is in mourning after the sudden loss of his wife. His eldest, Jesse has his eyes on the Gemstone throne, but unfortunately, there are far too many sins in his past to secure his coronation. The middle sister, Judy, secretly wants out of the family, to live a plain American life with her fiance BJ. Kelvin, the baby of the family, is all glitz, no glamour, and a constant thorn in his older brother’s side. While the Gemstone’s divided house risks collapse from the inside, the family must also tackle threats to their unstable religious empire. Will the family’s faith be as strong as a mustard seed, or will their lives turn to pillars of salt before their eyes? Who knows. But the ride will be equal parts hilarious and sacrilegious.
Here’s everything you need to know to watch The Righteous Gemstones for free.
The Righteous Gemstones cast
- Danny McBride as Jesse Gemstone
- John Goodman as Eli Gemstone
- Edi Patterson as Judy Gemstone
- Adam DeVine as Kelvin Gemstone
- Cassidy Freeman as Amber Gemstone
- Tony Cavalero as Keefe Chambers
- Tim Baltz as BJ
What channel is The Righteous Gemstones on?
The Righteous Gemstones is available exclusively on HBO. The first season will comprise of 6 episodes.
When does The Righteous Gemstones air?
The Righteous Gemstones premiers on Sunday, August 18 at 10pm ET. Subsequent episodes will air on Sundays at the same time.
How to watch The Righteous Gemstones
The new Danny McBride comedy is only available on HBO. But there are plenty of options to access the premium cable channel for free. Each of these services offers a one-week trial so you can catch the return of The Righteous Gemstones for free.
- Cost: $14.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for HBO | $119 per year for Prime
- Devices: Amazon Fire Stick, Fire TV, Fire tablets, and Fire phone; Roku, Google TV, TiVo, Nvidia Shield, PlayStation 3 and 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Wii
HBO is one of the best standalone channels available for purchase on Amazon Prime Video. If you’re a Prime member, it’s a convenient way to stream HBO hits like Veep, True Detective, and Game of Thrones. You’ll have access to live streaming and on-demand, so you can catch up on old episodes if you need to rewatch.
2) HBO Now
- Cost: $14.99 per month (after 7-day free trial)
- Devices: Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire TV Cube, Android TV, Apple TV, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4, Roku, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One and Xbox 360.
If all you want is HBO, its proprietary on-demand service HBO Now will give you instant access to the channel’s entire history of his shows, movies, and documentaries, along with the ability to live stream new shows and specials. You’ll never run out of things to watch.
- The best movies on HBO Go and HBO Now
- The best HBO documentaries
- The best new movies on HBO: 2018 new releases
3) Hulu and Hulu with Live TV
- Cost: $7.99-$11.99 for Hulu or $44.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) for Hulu with Live TV | $14.99 per month for HBO
- Hulu devices: Roku, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick and Fire TV, Xbox One, Xbox 360, Nintendo Switch, and iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC, the CW (check your local availability here)
Adding HBO to your Hulu account is easy. If you’re looking for an online cable package that comes with all that great Hulu on-demand content, Hulu with Live TV is a great offer at a great price. You’ll have almost 60 channels to flip through, including HGTV, a full suite of ESPN channels, Cartoon Network, FX, and even deep cuts like Nat Geo Wild and Syfy. Whichever Hulu package you choose, adding HBO will cost $14.99 a month after your free trial expires. (Here’s the complete list of Hulu Live TV channels.)
- The best new movies on Hulu: 2018 new releases to watch
- The best thrillers on Hulu
- Funny movies on Hulu when you need a good laugh
- 10 sad movies on Hulu guaranteed to make you cry
- Cost: $44.99-$79.99 per month (after a 7-day free trial) | $14.99 per month for HBO
- PlayStation Vue devices: PlayStation 3 and 4, Roku, Amazon Fire, Google Chromecast, Kodi, iOS and Android devices
- Local channels: NBC, Fox, ABC, CBS (enter your ZIP code here to check your availability)
If you have a PS4 and are into the idea of having your gaming and streaming needs met in the same place, PlayStation Vue is made for you. Still, you don’t need a PS4 to enjoy this service. You can also use a Roku, Amazon Fire devices, and even Kodi. Plus, you’ll get awesome channels like AMC, BBC America, and Bravo in PlayStation Vue’s entry-level package. One subscription works with up to five devices, all with unlimited cloud DVR storage, which makes it one of the most binge-friendly solutions. (Here are all of PlayStation Vue channels.) HBO is one of several premium channels you can add to your subscription.
The Daily Dot may receive a payment in connection with purchases of products or services featured in this article. Click here to learn more.
Jaime Carillo is a writer for Pure Nintendo and a plucky YouTube cook. He specializes in writing about console gaming and kitchen gadgets. It comes naturally, considering he's either wielding a massive cleaver or Switch Pro controller at any given point. When he's not cruising through a drive-thru at 2am, he's baking shokupan or whipping up a big pot of Japanese curry. He enjoys retro gaming, geopolitics, and Vic Berger videos.