- Amazon’s ‘Clifford the Big Red Dog’ reboot isn’t for you—and that’s fine 3 Years Ago
- Walmart pulls ‘Let it snow’ cocaine sweater, ruining Christmas Today 11:30 AM
- The way Facebook serves political ads could be driving polarization Today 11:10 AM
- A YouTuber simulated a mass shooting from his hotel room—and then posted the videos Today 11:07 AM
- Trump tries another ‘Simpsons’ defense as impeachment articles drop Today 10:52 AM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ attempts to contain its dragon with mixed results in episode 4 Today 9:24 AM
- James Comey puts ‘Fox & Friends’ on blast Today 8:54 AM
- Nick Cannon’s latest Eminem diss is not working out for him Today 8:27 AM
- Conservatives want a war on porn. It’s puritanical sex values that need to go Today 7:00 AM
- The year in Meghan McCain news cycles Today 6:30 AM
- Why Tumblr is totally obsessed with 2 characters from Stephen King’s ‘It’ Today 6:00 AM
- Game developer Chucklefish accused of whitewashing characters of color Monday 5:22 PM
- Apple TV’s ‘Hala’ is a silent explosion of a coming-of-age film Monday 5:20 PM
- This new video game apparently lets you play Jesus Monday 4:02 PM
- Golden toilet creator sells world’s most expensive banana—only for another artist to eat it Monday 3:24 PM
According to sources close to Us Weekly, Swift was the one to end the romance because Hiddleston wanted more than she was willing to give at the time.
“Tom wanted the relationship to be more public than she was comfortable with,” the source told Us Weekly. “Taylor knew the backlash that comes with public displays of affection but Tom didn’t listen to her concerns when she brought them up.”
Not long ago, Hiddleston and Swift’s relationship seemed like it had potential to inspire a new Nicholas Sparks romance novel. Tabloids made them a daily facet of life online, and it seemed like the real thing.
Swift and Hiddleston first met at the MET Gala in June, flirting their way around the dance floor during an adorable dance-off. Rumors began to fly that they were an item once the news broke that Swift ended her relationship with the Scottish DJ Calvin Harris shortly after.
Two weeks later in June, the two were spotted on a beach in Rhode Island kissing in public, and it was one public date after the next as paparazzi swirled around their romance.
It’s almost as if we all knew the end was near, after a conspiracy theory emerged in July accusing the relationship of being an elaborate hoax for media attention sparked rumors of an imminent trip to splitsville. Hiddleston refuted the claim, telling the Hollywood Reporter: “[T]he truth is that Taylor Swift and I are together and we’re very happy.”
Even if it wasn’t all a lie, fans are taking Hiddleston’s side, mocking Swift for her many failed relationship habits.
Tom Hiddleston & Taylor Swift broke up!
I knew it was coming, but they were keeping it…Loki.
— Tarski Merceda (@TarskiMerceda) September 6, 2016
It might be time for Swift to take a hint from her fans.
However the news affects you, let us all rejoice since this can only mean one thing—Hiddleston is back on the market. Your loss Swift.
H/T Us Weekly
Kristen Hubby is a tech and lifestyle reporter. Her writing focuses on sex, pop culture, streaming entertainment, and social media, with an emphasis on major platforms like Snapchat, YouTube, and Spotify. Her work has also appeared in Austin Monthly and the Austin American-Statesman, where she covered local news and the dining scene in Austin, Texas.