- Here’s why you shouldn’t buy a Nintendo Switch until mid-August Monday 5:11 PM
- Man blasted for making his coworkers babysit his child Monday 5:07 PM
- Pete Buttigieg’s country radio interview was blocked from the air Monday 4:35 PM
- 15-year-old Smash Bros. prodigy caught using racist slur in private Discord server Monday 3:47 PM
- Instagram users who post pet pictures more likely to get hacked Monday 3:45 PM
- Post-Prime Day recap: Shipping delays, more sales, and a scam Monday 3:08 PM
- Jacob Wohl returns to Twitter … for now Monday 1:56 PM
- How to stream WWE Raw Reunion Monday 1:35 PM
- ‘I hope Trump deports you’: Woman goes on racist rant to Spanish speakers at a store Monday 1:24 PM
- Emoji Mashup Bot gives life to unidentifiable emotions Monday 1:15 PM
- Notorious grifter Anna Sorokin reportedly blocked from profiting off Netflix series Monday 12:45 PM
- Charlottesville attacker’s Twitter account included praise for Hitler Monday 12:10 PM
- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return Monday 11:57 AM
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show Monday 11:55 AM
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur Monday 11:32 AM
Taylor Swift reportedly ends relationship with Tom Hiddleston
On to the next one.
According to sources close to Us Weekly, Swift was the one to end the romance because Hiddleston wanted more than she was willing to give at the time.
“Tom wanted the relationship to be more public than she was comfortable with,” the source told Us Weekly. “Taylor knew the backlash that comes with public displays of affection but Tom didn’t listen to her concerns when she brought them up.”
Not long ago, Hiddleston and Swift’s relationship seemed like it had potential to inspire a new Nicholas Sparks romance novel. Tabloids made them a daily facet of life online, and it seemed like the real thing.
Swift and Hiddleston first met at the MET Gala in June, flirting their way around the dance floor during an adorable dance-off. Rumors began to fly that they were an item once the news broke that Swift ended her relationship with the Scottish DJ Calvin Harris shortly after.
Two weeks later in June, the two were spotted on a beach in Rhode Island kissing in public, and it was one public date after the next as paparazzi swirled around their romance.
It’s almost as if we all knew the end was near, after a conspiracy theory emerged in July accusing the relationship of being an elaborate hoax for media attention sparked rumors of an imminent trip to splitsville. Hiddleston refuted the claim, telling the Hollywood Reporter: “[T]he truth is that Taylor Swift and I are together and we’re very happy.”
Even if it wasn’t all a lie, fans are taking Hiddleston’s side, mocking Swift for her many failed relationship habits.
Tom Hiddleston & Taylor Swift broke up!
I knew it was coming, but they were keeping it…Loki.
— Tarski Merceda (@TarskiMerceda) September 6, 2016
It might be time for Swift to take a hint from her fans.
However the news affects you, let us all rejoice since this can only mean one thing—Hiddleston is back on the market. Your loss Swift.
H/T Us Weekly
Kristen Hubby is a tech and lifestyle reporter. Her writing focuses on sex, pop culture, streaming entertainment, and social media, with an emphasis on major platforms like Snapchat, YouTube, and Spotify. Her work has also appeared in Austin Monthly and the Austin American-Statesman, where she covered local news and the dining scene in Austin, Texas.