- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
- Group running GoFundMe for border wall breaks ground without permits Monday 11:47 AM
Succession‘s season 2 finale brought out the theories and memes, as well as our hopes and dreams for season 3. Without spoiling too much, the show’s No. 1 boy proved he could be a killer. Could he still be “Daddy’s No. 1 Candy Baby”?
On Sunday afternoon, Twitter user Ben Cahn posted a parody titled “Succession but everyone wants some of Logan’s M&Ms.” The premise is right there in the title, but Cahn plays every character and nails every idiosyncrasy: Logan Roy’s penchant for saying “fuck off,” Kendall’s “uh,” Shiv’s mouth-scrunch, Tom’s neediness, Roman’s Roman-ness, Marcia’s ominous whispers, Greg’s freakish height.
Succession but everyone wants some of Logan's M&Ms pic.twitter.com/pTxIyXWen4— my ass is haunted (@Buncahn) October 13, 2019
Cahn tells the Daily Dot he “just thought it would be funny to take their family dynamic and frame it in the most basic and CHILDISH way—as little children who can’t even buy their own M&Ms.”
Cahn says he started experimenting with one impression, but the rest came naturally: “A few weeks ago I was walking around my apartment doing Kendall’s pathetic ‘Yeah, okay,’ and then tried Tom, which consisted of just saying ‘Shiv’ and pointing out my chin slightly. I knew I could do Greg without even trying because his cadence is so consistent.”
Asked if he has a favorite character, Cahn responds: “TOM!!! He’s such a puppy.”
This clip pairs perfectly with another recent parody: Demi Adejuyigbe’s take on the Succession theme song, which will likely replace the actual theme song in your head.
not trying to start a feud or anything but I’m a little annoyed @HBO & Nicholas Britell asked Pusha T to write lyrics to the Succession theme, since they asked me to first and turned my version down https://t.co/MUywcSIYzq pic.twitter.com/q8OLy52krZ— demi adejuyigbe (@electrolemon) October 9, 2019
Who will get daddy’s candy and kiss in season 3? Unfortunately, we’ve got to wait a while. So just watch these on repeat.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.