- Photo of federal workers conjures Great Depression 3 Years Ago
- How to watch Pacquiao vs. Broner online Today 9:00 AM
- What does IMO mean? Today 8:00 AM
- ‘Trigger Warning with Killer Mike’ digs into America’s wounds with a wink and a black flag Today 7:00 AM
- How to watch Tigres vs. Cruz Azul online for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Arsenal vs. Chelsea online for free Today 5:21 AM
- How to watch Borussia Dortmund vs. RB Leipzig online for free Today 5:07 AM
- How to watch Real Madrid vs. Sevilla online for free Today 4:48 AM
- Netflix says ‘Fortnite’ is more competition than HBO Friday 8:25 PM
- This computer-generated Insta model looks staggeringly real Friday 7:15 PM
- Netflix is bringing back ‘Unsolved Mysteries’ with ‘Stranger Things’ producer Friday 6:42 PM
- Facebook is creating a meme feature to bring back the teens Friday 4:13 PM
- A hitman’s smartwatch helped send him to prison for life Friday 4:05 PM
- Privacy group files complaints against Netlifx, Spotify for GDPR violations Friday 3:02 PM
- Bikini Kill reunion show sale proves the internet is still hell for live music fans Friday 2:55 PM
Stephen Colbert mocks self-professed prophet Donald Trump with huge ‘predictions’
He takes a stab at being NostaDonald.
With Thanksgiving around the corner, Colbert is thankful for Trump—mainly because, without the boisterous businessman who is currently leading in the polls, Colbert and the other late-night hosts would have nothing to discuss. Trump has had fact-checkers working overtime on a claim that he saw thousands of Muslims in Jersey City, New Jersey, celebrating after 9/11. Not only has he doubled down on that debunked claim, but he said that his 2000 book predicted Osama bin Laden’s threats to America—which anyone probably could have predicted based on news headlines.
On The Late Show Tuesday night, Colbert took a stab at “predicting the predictable,” which will certainly have us looking back in amazement at just how right he got it, à la Trump.
“No matter what he says or does, Donald Trump will still do pretty well in the polls,” Colbert said in a prediction so spot-on that it worked as both a joke and a deadly serious statement.
Screengrab via The Late Show with Stephen Colbert/YouTube
Michelle Jaworski is a staff writer and the resident Game of Thrones expert at the Daily Dot. She covers entertainment, geek culture, and pop culture and has brought her knowledge to conventions like Con of Thrones. She is based in New Jersey.