- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
The ‘Repeat’ and ‘Go to queue’ buttons now live in a sub-menu.
Music streaming service Spotify is facing criticism from users after a recent update moved the “Repeat” and “Go to queue” buttons.
While the buttons were previously available on the “Now playing” song screen, both have been replaced with a new share option and relocated to a sub-menu.
The layout alteration has led to widespread complaints across social media, with Reddit users arguing: “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”
“The old mobile app was perfectly fine,” Reddit user goodtimesareover said. “It was easy to access nearly every button and feature. Now I still get confused trying to find my queue.”
Others threatened to discontinue their use of the app altogether unless the changes were reverted.
“I’ve paid for premium for years now and might stop if this is permanent,” user ChummySquash added.
Despite the notable uproar, Spotify has remained more or less mum. When questioned by the Verge, the company declined to provide details.
“We are always testing new products and features, nothing to share at the moment,” a Spotify spokesperson told the outlet.
How to repeat songs, go to queue on Spotify app
Spotify users looking to access the ‘Repeat’ option can now find it by clicking the three-dotted menu button in the upper right-hand corner of their screen. The “Go to queue” option can be found in the same sub-menu.
Although the update is unlikely to be reversed, users are calling on the company to do so in a post on the Spotify Community board. At the time of publication, the thread had received close to 1,000 upvotes.
Need more help? Here’s everything you need to know about Spotify Premium and how much data Spotify uses. You can also change your Spotify username, cancel your Premium subscription, and download from Spotify.
- Spotify to suspend accounts it catches using ad blockers
- Spotify’s ‘Cosmic Playlists’ offers songs based on your astrological sign
- Experts suspect hack after Spotify accounts forced to stream fake bands
H/T the Verge
Mikael Thalen is a freelance journalist based in Seattle, covering all things technology, including social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.