- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters 5 Months Ago
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Today 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Today 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Today 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Today 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Today 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Today 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Today 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Today 9:26 AM
- Leaked documents reveal all the ‘red flags’ about Trump officials Today 9:02 AM
- Elon Musk, who wants to colonize space, thought the moon was Mars Today 8:56 AM
- How to watch ‘Legion’ for free Today 8:46 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Bolívar’ reduces hero’s tale to irredeemable melodrama Today 8:18 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Spain at the World Cup for free Today 7:55 AM
- How to watch ‘The Hills: New Beginnings’ for free Today 7:40 AM
Spotify’s ‘Cosmic Playlists’ offers songs based on your astrological sign
Max Pixel (Public Domain)
The playlists are a collaboration with astrologer Chani Nicholas.
Music streaming service Spotify has released 12 new playlists based off of each month’s astrological sign.
Known as the “Cosmic Playlists,” the song collections were developed as part of a collaboration between the company and astrologer Chani Nicholas.
Spotify outlined in a blog post earlier this month how each music list was created, noting that the effort aims to help users “reflect and find direction in their lives.”
“Each playlist is informed by Chani’s astrological readings—which determine the particular sign’s theme of the moment—and is accompanied on [the] platform by the reading itself,” Spotify states. “Each of the twelve unique playlists is curated with songs and artists whose music reflects and evokes those themes.”
Speaking with Forbes, Nicholas said that the process begins with her suggesting several songs to Spotify and linking them to their specific moods.
“I write down the main themes and I pick two to three songs, and then they curate a playlist from there,” Nicholas said. “Their musical knowledge far exceeds mine. It’s a really nice combination.”
Nicholas added that the Cosmic Playlists can be utilized by listeners for anything from inspiration and healing to personal reflection.
“You can use it for your own personal morning dance party,” Nicholas said. “It’s a collection of theme songs for your month, astrologically speaking.”
The playlists have reportedly been highly-popular, garnering over 400,000 followers thus far.
“Astrology is about a specific moment in time,” Nicholas continued. “Each moment has a specific astrological mark, or archetype associated with it, that defines it.”
Those interested in checking out Spotify’s Cosmic Playlists can do so by visiting the company’s Pop Culture hub.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.