- How to stream Arsenal vs. Sheffield United Today 1:00 AM
- If you have doubts about HBO’s ‘Watchmen,’ give it more time Sunday 9:00 PM
- Video shows moment coach disarmed student of shotgun, then hugged him Sunday 7:38 PM
- Jared Leto reportedly tried to stop ‘Joker’ from happening Sunday 4:12 PM
- People are grossed out by cow insemination-themed pregnancy announcement Sunday 3:13 PM
- Major protests in Lebanon triggered by plan to tax WhatsApp calls Sunday 1:38 PM
- Frank Ocean’s $60 HIV prevention drug-themed shirts called tone-deaf Sunday 12:49 PM
- ‘Joker’ stairs latest Instagram spot; locals joke about potential robberies Sunday 10:30 AM
- PewDiePie banned in China after reacting to Winnie the Pooh memes Sunday 8:46 AM
- How to stream Cowboys vs. Eagles on Sunday Night Football Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to stream Chargers vs. Titans in Week 7 Sunday 6:00 AM
- 13 spooky romance games for adults Sunday 6:00 AM
- How to stream ‘Power’ season 6, episode 9 Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Impact Wrestling’s Bound For Glory Sunday 5:00 AM
- How to stream Bills vs. Dolphins in Week 7 Sunday 4:30 AM
Music streaming service Spotify has released 12 new playlists based off of each month’s astrological sign.
Known as the “Cosmic Playlists,” the song collections were developed as part of a collaboration between the company and astrologer Chani Nicholas.
Spotify outlined in a blog post earlier this month how each music list was created, noting that the effort aims to help users “reflect and find direction in their lives.”
“Each playlist is informed by Chani’s astrological readings—which determine the particular sign’s theme of the moment—and is accompanied on [the] platform by the reading itself,” Spotify states. “Each of the twelve unique playlists is curated with songs and artists whose music reflects and evokes those themes.”
Speaking with Forbes, Nicholas said that the process begins with her suggesting several songs to Spotify and linking them to their specific moods.
“I write down the main themes and I pick two to three songs, and then they curate a playlist from there,” Nicholas said. “Their musical knowledge far exceeds mine. It’s a really nice combination.”
Nicholas added that the Cosmic Playlists can be utilized by listeners for anything from inspiration and healing to personal reflection.
“You can use it for your own personal morning dance party,” Nicholas said. “It’s a collection of theme songs for your month, astrologically speaking.”
The playlists have reportedly been highly-popular, garnering over 400,000 followers thus far.
“Astrology is about a specific moment in time,” Nicholas continued. “Each moment has a specific astrological mark, or archetype associated with it, that defines it.”
Those interested in checking out Spotify’s Cosmic Playlists can do so by visiting the company’s Pop Culture hub.
Mikael Thalen is a tech and security reporter based in Seattle, covering social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.