- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Today 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Today 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Today 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Today 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Today 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Today 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Today 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Today 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Today 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Today 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Today 5:30 AM
- PDF Association dunks on Mueller report PDF Friday 7:33 PM
- Robert Downey Jr. says ‘Endgame’ finale is ‘best 8 minutes’ of any MCU film Friday 4:42 PM
Spotify’s ‘Cosmic Playlists’ offers songs based on your astrological sign
Max Pixel (Public Domain)
The playlists are a collaboration with astrologer Chani Nicholas.
Music streaming service Spotify has released 12 new playlists based off of each month’s astrological sign.
Known as the “Cosmic Playlists,” the song collections were developed as part of a collaboration between the company and astrologer Chani Nicholas.
Spotify outlined in a blog post earlier this month how each music list was created, noting that the effort aims to help users “reflect and find direction in their lives.”
“Each playlist is informed by Chani’s astrological readings—which determine the particular sign’s theme of the moment—and is accompanied on [the] platform by the reading itself,” Spotify states. “Each of the twelve unique playlists is curated with songs and artists whose music reflects and evokes those themes.”
Speaking with Forbes, Nicholas said that the process begins with her suggesting several songs to Spotify and linking them to their specific moods.
“I write down the main themes and I pick two to three songs, and then they curate a playlist from there,” Nicholas said. “Their musical knowledge far exceeds mine. It’s a really nice combination.”
Nicholas added that the Cosmic Playlists can be utilized by listeners for anything from inspiration and healing to personal reflection.
“You can use it for your own personal morning dance party,” Nicholas said. “It’s a collection of theme songs for your month, astrologically speaking.”
The playlists have reportedly been highly-popular, garnering over 400,000 followers thus far.
“Astrology is about a specific moment in time,” Nicholas continued. “Each moment has a specific astrological mark, or archetype associated with it, that defines it.”
Those interested in checking out Spotify’s Cosmic Playlists can do so by visiting the company’s Pop Culture hub.
Mikael Thalen is a freelance journalist based in Seattle, covering all things technology, including social media, data breaches, hackers, and more.