- What exactly is ‘too adult’ for Disney+? 2 Years Ago
- How tall is Michael Bloomberg? 2 Years Ago
- The ’24 hours to respond’ meme holds celebrities to a higher standard Monday 8:46 PM
- Twitter users miss the kids who walked in on their dad’s interview Monday 8:40 PM
- ‘The Thing About Men’ Twitter hashtag is full of sarcasm and misogyny Monday 7:27 PM
- This woman said Hillary Clinton losing the 2016 election gave her PTSD, and people are furious Monday 6:45 PM
- Vanessa Bryant files a lawsuit against helicopter company after deaths of Kobe and Gianna Monday 5:49 PM
- Michael Jordan cries at Kobe Bryant memorial, jokes about creating a new meme Monday 4:43 PM
- Woman’s boyfriend says it’s him or the frogs—Reddit says choose the frogs Monday 4:22 PM
- Greyhound buses will no longer allow Border Patrol checks Monday 4:04 PM
- ‘Eat Them To Defeat Them’ is oddly about vegetables—not about eating the rich Monday 3:26 PM
- Marco Rubio mocked for filming talking while driving socialism critique Monday 2:54 PM
- QAnon believer asks Trump’s campaign press secretary who Q is Monday 2:36 PM
- Octavia Spencer has discovered ‘Ma’ memes—and she can’t get enough Monday 2:09 PM
- Meet the anti-Greta Thunberg, a climate ‘skeptic’ funded by the oil industry Monday 1:12 PM
The pair broke the news on their accounts with a photo of their hands (plus one new-seeming ring) and a simple caption: “I said yes,” for Turner, and “She said yes,” for Jonas.
A post shared by Sophie Turner (@sophiet) on
The Game of Thrones star and the pop singer have reportedly been dating for just less than a year. They were first spotted canoodling at a Kings of Leon concert in the Netherlands and became “Instagram official” in January according to People. Since then, they have adopted a dog named Porky Basquiat, who now has a thriving Instagram presence.
The 21-year-old Turner revealed in July that she is “very happy” with 28-year-old Jonas but expressed her frustration at the lack of privacy they have. “You do feel like you’re living in a fishbowl,” she told Marie Claire in an interview.
Given their private nature, the pair haven’t revealed any specifics about their nuptials, but as Vanity Fair points out, Game of Thrones season 8 will be shooting until summer of 2018 and Turner’s co-star Kit Harington has reportedly already asked production to be put on a brief hold next year so the cast can attend his wedding. So maybe the hiatus will be long enough for two weddings to squeeze in.
And honestly, a double Game of Thrones wedding—what could go wrong?
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.