- Actor Amanda Seales pushes back on #FreeRodneyReed movement Monday 10:58 PM
- Netflix thriller ‘Earthquake Bird’ can’t solve its own mystery Monday 4:45 PM
- Goop is selling an expensive ‘restraining arts’ BDSM kit Monday 4:17 PM
- Body positivity actress Lili Reinhart calls out Photoshopping app Monday 3:42 PM
- ‘Rick and Morty’ zeroes in on connections and leans into familiar territory Monday 3:30 PM
- People are sharing photos of how much they’ve changed in a decade Monday 2:30 PM
- A few of our favorite things on Newegg are on sale for Black Friday Monday 2:15 PM
- Disney adds ‘Bob’s Burgers’ movie back to release schedule after accidentally yanking it Monday 2:02 PM
- Ocasio-Cortez launches petition demanding Stephen Miller’s resignation Monday 1:24 PM
- Prince Andrew’s defense against child sex crimes stokes conspiracy theory flames Monday 1:20 PM
- More people may be looking to cancel Disney+ than Netflix Monday 1:09 PM
- Monday Night Football: How to stream Chiefs vs. Chargers live Monday 1:00 PM
- After days of deadly protests, Iran implements ‘largest internet shutdown ever’ Monday 12:55 PM
- ‘Disney Plus and thrust’ is apparently the new Netflix and Chill Monday 12:32 PM
- Woman fired, sued after coworker shared their sexts Monday 12:22 PM
The pair broke the news on their accounts with a photo of their hands (plus one new-seeming ring) and a simple caption: “I said yes,” for Turner, and “She said yes,” for Jonas.
A post shared by Sophie Turner (@sophiet) on
The Game of Thrones star and the pop singer have reportedly been dating for just less than a year. They were first spotted canoodling at a Kings of Leon concert in the Netherlands and became “Instagram official” in January according to People. Since then, they have adopted a dog named Porky Basquiat, who now has a thriving Instagram presence.
The 21-year-old Turner revealed in July that she is “very happy” with 28-year-old Jonas but expressed her frustration at the lack of privacy they have. “You do feel like you’re living in a fishbowl,” she told Marie Claire in an interview.
Given their private nature, the pair haven’t revealed any specifics about their nuptials, but as Vanity Fair points out, Game of Thrones season 8 will be shooting until summer of 2018 and Turner’s co-star Kit Harington has reportedly already asked production to be put on a brief hold next year so the cast can attend his wedding. So maybe the hiatus will be long enough for two weddings to squeeze in.
And honestly, a double Game of Thrones wedding—what could go wrong?
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.