- 24 Halloween costumes so weird all you can do is laugh 2 Years Ago
- Night Monkey finally gets the trailer he deserves 2 Years Ago
- All the TV series and films coming to AppleTV+ 2 Years Ago
- How to watch ‘American Horror Story: 1984’ Today 7:00 AM
- What’s new in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare? Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Carole and Tuesday’ is a feast for the eyes, ears, and heart Today 6:30 AM
- Tara Booth’s Instagram art embraces the comedy in mental health struggles Today 6:00 AM
- Everything we know so far about Peacock, NBC’s new streaming service Tuesday 7:42 PM
- Selena Gomez producing docuseries about immigration for Netflix Tuesday 7:11 PM
- How to stream Manchester City vs. Shakhtar Donetsk in Champions League action Tuesday 6:14 PM
- Milo Yiannopoulos threatens to crash furry convention he is barred from Tuesday 5:54 PM
- How to stream Juventus vs. Atletico Madrid in Champions League action Tuesday 5:52 PM
- How to stream Real Madrid vs. PSG in Champions League action Tuesday 5:24 PM
- No-fly zone implemented over Area 51 ahead of Alienstock festival Tuesday 5:16 PM
- TikTok accused of censoring content about Hong Kong protests Tuesday 5:04 PM
The pair broke the news on their accounts with a photo of their hands (plus one new-seeming ring) and a simple caption: “I said yes,” for Turner, and “She said yes,” for Jonas.
A post shared by Sophie Turner (@sophiet) on
The Game of Thrones star and the pop singer have reportedly been dating for just less than a year. They were first spotted canoodling at a Kings of Leon concert in the Netherlands and became “Instagram official” in January according to People. Since then, they have adopted a dog named Porky Basquiat, who now has a thriving Instagram presence.
The 21-year-old Turner revealed in July that she is “very happy” with 28-year-old Jonas but expressed her frustration at the lack of privacy they have. “You do feel like you’re living in a fishbowl,” she told Marie Claire in an interview.
Given their private nature, the pair haven’t revealed any specifics about their nuptials, but as Vanity Fair points out, Game of Thrones season 8 will be shooting until summer of 2018 and Turner’s co-star Kit Harington has reportedly already asked production to be put on a brief hold next year so the cast can attend his wedding. So maybe the hiatus will be long enough for two weddings to squeeze in.
And honestly, a double Game of Thrones wedding—what could go wrong?
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.