- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
Report: Olivia Jade knew about Lori Loughlin’s bribery scheme
Things keep getting worse for Olivia Jade Giannulli.
Ever since the Varsity Blues admissions scandal broke in March, the 19-year-old former YouTube star has been notably silent from social media. Her parents, Lori Loughlin and Massimo Gianulli, are facing serious jail time for allegedly paying $500,000 to get her and her sister Isabella Gianulli into the University of Southern California via bribe. Olivia Jade faced her own scandal after a now-deleted video emerged of her stating she regularly skipped her USC classes and only attended college for the parties.
But Us Weekly reported on Sunday that Olivia Jade knew of her parents’ participation in the bribery scandal, but did not care.
“Olivia fully knew what her parents did to get her into USC, but didn’t think there was anything wrong with it,” an insider told the publication. “She didn’t get into any other California schools.”
Though Jade and her sister have yet to be expelled from USC, the two did not return to the campus after the academic cheating scandal broke and their cases are under review with the university. Us Weekly reported on Monday that the teenager has been begging the university to let her return, even though she knows it’s a longshot.
“She knows they won’t let her in, so she’s hoping this info gets out,” a source told the publication. “She wants to come out looking like she’s changed, learned life lessons and is growing as a person, so she for sure wants people to think she is interested in her education.”
Jade lost nearly all her sponsorships after the scandal broke, including deals with both Amazon and Sephora, and has been trying to find ways to ease back into the spotlight. Following reports of tension between her and her mother, multiple sources stated that the former influencer was moving out of her parents’ Bel Air, California, mansion. After spending a few nights in Malibu, California, with her then-boyfriend Jackson Guthy, the pair reportedly split and it is unconfirmed as to where she is staying now.
And although she has been photographed partying around Los Angeles with her friends, she has yet to release an official statement or response regarding the Varsity Blues scandal, despite the fact that her parents face prison and she may have to testify against them.
“Olivia has been emotional in the midst of all of this and definitely wants to make a comeback and still wants to be a beauty influencer,” a source told Us Weekly. “She understands she needs to hide out for now and lay low, but she’s anxious to be back in the spotlight again and thinks that over time she’ll be able to come back.”
- Lori Loughlin reportedly dropped from ‘Fuller House’ final season
- This deepfake takes Bill Hader’s Schwarzenegger impression to the next level
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos
H/T Us Weekly
Dominic-Madori Davis is a recent graduate of the University of Southern California. She covers the internet, politics, and social issues.