- Judge orders Roger Stone to appear in court after his Instagram post 9 Months Ago
- I worked with the migrant caravan—and Trump is the cause of his national emergency 9 Months Ago
- How to watch Liverpool vs. Bayern Munich online for free 9 Months Ago
- ‘Patriot Act’ volume 2 proves Hasan Minhaj is the next big star of the news-comedy genre 9 Months Ago
- ‘Friends From College’ canceled after 2 seasons at Netflix 9 Months Ago
- Allow your wallet to be your spirit guide during this rad anime sale Today 10:43 AM
- Man stages fake DUI trial to propose to girlfriend, and people are asking why Today 10:40 AM
- Bernie Sanders’ website full of 404s on launch day Today 10:23 AM
- Pose’s Indya Moore goes viral for arguing trans women have ‘biologically female’ penises Today 10:21 AM
- Howard Schultz pens Medium essay declaring ‘unprecedented appetite’ for Schultz 2020 Today 9:56 AM
- The weirdest movie at the Oscars is ‘Border’ Today 9:22 AM
- Did Elon Musk just host PewDiePie’s meme review? Today 8:53 AM
- Loona stans take over Twitter with praise for the ‘Butterfly’ video Today 7:31 AM
- ‘Yucatán’ is a caper comedy that’s long on cons but short on laughs Today 7:00 AM
- The best memes of 2019 Today 7:00 AM
YouTube stars Liza Koshy and David Dobrik announce split in emotional video
Some people are upset. Some people are like, ‘Who?’
YouTubers Liza Koshy and David Dobrik have announced that they’ve broken up in the most appropriate way: on YouTube.
In a video posted Monday to Dobrik’s channel, the former couple explains that they’ve been broken up for six months and that it wasn’t “healthy” for them to be together right now, but that they’re still friends. The two still cracked jokes through tears.
This news left a lot of fans heartbroken, and fellow YouTubers tweeted out their support.
David and Liza just gave the internet the saddest yet most heartwarming break up video i can't rn pic.twitter.com/6HBebwSKSV
— Mimi☽ (@hiddenjoon) June 5, 2018
sending so much love to david and liza. breaking up is fucking awful but having to do it on youtube makes it even harder. please everyone send them love. ❤️❤️❤️❤️
— Shane Dawson (@shanedawson) June 5, 2018
LIZA WAS WEARING DAVID’S MERCH AND DAVID WAS WEARING LIZA’S MERCH pic.twitter.com/qvtT6FgLy6
— hatice (@DOBRIKSCAMERA) June 5, 2018
therapist: so what brings you in today
me, a mess: David and Liza broke up pic.twitter.com/hptCfDFfo4
— jenia (@jeniaraegan) June 5, 2018
love is real, that’s what i saw in david’s video. don’t draw the wrong message from it
xoxo somebody pass me the mayo
— scottysire (@ImNotScottySire) June 5, 2018
The news also left some people who aren’t deeply embedded in YouTube with a bigger question: Who?
Who the fuck are these people !!!!! https://t.co/QkfPWgib5N
— dave (@soft_btw) June 5, 2018
who are these people https://t.co/ehe3ClaW1B
— vanessa (@queenvram_) June 5, 2018
The video has picked up more than 3 million views since Monday.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.