- ‘Short Treks’ trailer: Spock, Pike, and Number One return 1 Year Ago
- Everything we know about ‘Star Trek: Lower Decks,’ the new animated show 1 Year Ago
- Cole Carrigan says he left Team 10 after being called homophobic slur 1 Year Ago
- Cop under investigation after implying Ocasio-Cortez should be shot 1 Year Ago
- The ‘Big Little Lies’ finale sucked—but at least we have Renata 1 Year Ago
- Wendy Davis announces she’s running for Congress Today 10:45 AM
- Please stop being horny on main for #IceBae and other horrible people Today 10:02 AM
- Illinois Republicans share ‘jihad squad’ meme of 4 Dem congresswomen Today 9:05 AM
- How a deepfake gets made Today 8:25 AM
- How to watch ‘Veronica Mars’ season 4 online Today 8:21 AM
- The MCU’s Phase 4 is all about Marvel getting weird Today 7:07 AM
- How alt porn site SuicideGirls gets women to pose naked for free Today 7:00 AM
- Why did the GOP launch a website hyping socialist candidates? Today 6:30 AM
- The macrophilia and size-change fetish communities are made possible through the magic of the internet Today 6:00 AM
- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
YouTube stars Liza Koshy and David Dobrik announce split in emotional video
Some people are upset. Some people are like, ‘Who?’
YouTubers Liza Koshy and David Dobrik have announced that they’ve broken up in the most appropriate way: on YouTube.
In a video posted Monday to Dobrik’s channel, the former couple explains that they’ve been broken up for six months and that it wasn’t “healthy” for them to be together right now, but that they’re still friends. The two still cracked jokes through tears.
This news left a lot of fans heartbroken, and fellow YouTubers tweeted out their support.
David and Liza just gave the internet the saddest yet most heartwarming break up video i can't rn pic.twitter.com/6HBebwSKSV— Mimi☽ (@hiddenjoon) June 5, 2018
sending so much love to david and liza. breaking up is fucking awful but having to do it on youtube makes it even harder. please everyone send them love. ❤️❤️❤️❤️— Shane Dawson (@shanedawson) June 5, 2018
LIZA WAS WEARING DAVID’S MERCH AND DAVID WAS WEARING LIZA’S MERCH pic.twitter.com/qvtT6FgLy6— hatice (@DOBRIKSCAMERA) June 5, 2018
therapist: so what brings you in today— jenia (@jeniaraegan) June 5, 2018
me, a mess: David and Liza broke up pic.twitter.com/hptCfDFfo4
love is real, that’s what i saw in david’s video. don’t draw the wrong message from it— scottysire (@ImNotScottySire) June 5, 2018
xoxo somebody pass me the mayo
The news also left some people who aren’t deeply embedded in YouTube with a bigger question: Who?
Who the fuck are these people !!!!! https://t.co/QkfPWgib5N— dave (@soft_btw) June 5, 2018
who are these people https://t.co/ehe3ClaW1B— vanessa (@queenvram_) June 5, 2018
The video has picked up more than 3 million views since Monday.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.