- ‘Star Trek’s Jonathan Frakes calls out your lies with this new meme Saturday 3:46 PM
- #JusticeForLucca trends after video shows police slam Black teen’s head into pavement Saturday 3:11 PM
- The internet is shocked to learn that Goombas do, in fact, have arms Saturday 2:02 PM
- PayPal, GoFundMe cut off armed militia that detains migrants at border Saturday 1:16 PM
- Barnwood theft may be on the rise because of ‘Fixer Upper’—and fans aren’t having it Saturday 12:23 PM
- Literary Twitter calls out Dzanc Books for Islamophobic, racist novel Saturday 11:40 AM
- How to watch Crawford vs. Khan online Saturday 10:00 AM
- Beyoncé has 2 more projects coming to Netflix after ‘Homecoming’ Saturday 9:53 AM
- How to watch Danny Garcia vs. Adrian Granados for free Saturday 9:00 AM
- The ‘Feeling Cute Challenge’ turns ugly after correctional officers abuse it Saturday 7:30 AM
- How to watch ‘How High 2’ for free Saturday 7:00 AM
- Swipe This! My ex-BFF keeps sliding into my DMs, but I don’t want to be friends Saturday 6:30 AM
- Watch ‘I Am Somebody’s Child: The Regina Louise Story’ for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to watch Barcelona vs. Real Sociedad for free Saturday 6:00 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 149 for free Saturday 5:30 AM
YouTube stars Liza Koshy and David Dobrik announce split in emotional video
Some people are upset. Some people are like, ‘Who?’
YouTubers Liza Koshy and David Dobrik have announced that they’ve broken up in the most appropriate way: on YouTube.
In a video posted Monday to Dobrik’s channel, the former couple explains that they’ve been broken up for six months and that it wasn’t “healthy” for them to be together right now, but that they’re still friends. The two still cracked jokes through tears.
This news left a lot of fans heartbroken, and fellow YouTubers tweeted out their support.
David and Liza just gave the internet the saddest yet most heartwarming break up video i can't rn pic.twitter.com/6HBebwSKSV
— Mimi☽ (@hiddenjoon) June 5, 2018
sending so much love to david and liza. breaking up is fucking awful but having to do it on youtube makes it even harder. please everyone send them love. ❤️❤️❤️❤️
— Shane Dawson (@shanedawson) June 5, 2018
LIZA WAS WEARING DAVID’S MERCH AND DAVID WAS WEARING LIZA’S MERCH pic.twitter.com/qvtT6FgLy6
— hatice (@DOBRIKSCAMERA) June 5, 2018
therapist: so what brings you in today
me, a mess: David and Liza broke up pic.twitter.com/hptCfDFfo4
— jenia (@jeniaraegan) June 5, 2018
love is real, that’s what i saw in david’s video. don’t draw the wrong message from it
xoxo somebody pass me the mayo
— scottysire (@ImNotScottySire) June 5, 2018
The news also left some people who aren’t deeply embedded in YouTube with a bigger question: Who?
Who the fuck are these people !!!!! https://t.co/QkfPWgib5N
— dave (@soft_btw) June 5, 2018
who are these people https://t.co/ehe3ClaW1B
— vanessa (@queenvram_) June 5, 2018
The video has picked up more than 3 million views since Monday.
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.