- These high school theater kids put on a totally awesome ‘Alien’ play 10 Months Ago
- Behold these photos of Elon Musk, but with Elizabeth Holmes’ eyes Today 3:11 PM
- Barbra Streisand gets canceled over remarks about Michael Jackson’s alleged victims Today 2:09 PM
- Report: Florida man raped Texas teen after posing as Instagram celeb Today 12:14 PM
- Lori Loughlin’s daughters, Olivia and Isabella, could be banned from USC forever Today 11:46 AM
- ‘Starfish’ is a heartbreaking tale of BFFs, grief, and apocalyptic alien invasions Today 10:35 AM
- How to stream UFC Fight Night 148 for free Today 10:00 AM
- The kids are making scantron memes instead of studying Today 9:29 AM
- Every installment of Hulu’s ‘Into the Dark,’ ranked Today 6:00 AM
- The internet is mocking Robert Mueller’s report deadline Friday 7:53 PM
- Instagram blocks some anti-vax hashtags—but still has far to go Friday 6:20 PM
- Study: Netflix released more originals than licensed titles last year Friday 2:26 PM
- Laura Ingraham, Dinesh D’Souza slam journalist for having a job Friday 1:40 PM
- Netflix is testing a cheap-as-hell mobile-only plan Friday 1:08 PM
- Astrology app Co-Star’s bizarre push notifications are now a meme Friday 12:18 PM
YouTuber WolfieRaps called out on Instagram by high schooler he’s allegedly cheating with
She has receipts.
Wolfie’s channel has over 7.9 million subscribers and frequently features pranks he pulls on longtime girlfriend and fellow vlogger Sylvia Gani, but these rumors certainly don’t seem like a hoax. Sunday afternoon, YouTube channel DramaAlert reported that an “aspiring model” slash Instagram user @itsjasmyng had purported to have a history of romantic involvement with the coupled-up Wolfie, who is 24 years old according to Famous Birthdays. As evidence, she provided flirtatious texts from him in her phone (where he’s saved as “Daddy”), and more suspiciously, a selfie of them in bed together. Her Instagram account has since been set to private, and her Twitter has apparently been deactivated, but DramaAlert has screenshots in the below video.
In one particularly alarming tweet from spring of 2017, the girl identified herself as 15 years old. California’s current age of consent is 18.
DramaAlert reached out to Wolfie and Sylvia Gani for their take, but the couple said they had no comment at this time. The high school student, however, offered to give an interview to explain her side of the story. So Monday afternoon a second video was released.
DramaAlert asked the teen, who goes by Jasmyn, why she decided to “out Wolfie” on Instagram.
“I was tired…” she explained. “I had no say in anything and, I don’t know. He posted something on his Snapchat that triggered me.”
The teen went on to explain that seeing a video Wolfie posted blowing kisses to Sylvia motivated her decision to come clean. The YouTuber would apparently book separate AirBnbs for Sylvia while they were in town so he could invite the teenage Jasmyn to come stay with him at influencer hangout the Clout House.
“I was just like, you know what, I’m tired of this,” she explained.
Jasmyn says she met Wolfie at another YouTuber’s party in September of 2017, and while she did not go into particulars of what their relationship entailed, she did confirm she was “secretly dating” the vlogger and was his “side chick.” When DramaAlert asked her to confirm that she and Wolfie “were hooking up at some point, right?” she laughed and replied, “I guess.”
Despite what DramaAlert found in her Twitter archives, Jasmyn claims she was 17 when she met Wolfie, and that “he knew that” from the beginning.
WolfieRaps has not tweeted or posted a new video since the news broke.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.