- A TikTok of a girl getting an abortion is going viral—and the internet is divided Friday 3:06 PM
- FCC proposes $200 million fine for T-Mobile, others over data sharing Friday 3:03 PM
- Which ‘Love is Blind’ couples are still together? Friday 2:01 PM
- Review: ‘The Invisible Man’ reboot is thrilling but basic Friday 1:25 PM
- Sex workers speak out after OnlyFans leak Friday 1:21 PM
- Normani addresses Camila Cabello’s racist social media posts Friday 1:07 PM
- Mike Huckabee’s defense of Trump’s coronavirus response will make you nauseous Friday 12:06 PM
- Gmail’s email filtering may affect what candidate emails you are seeing Friday 11:08 AM
- Woman shares aftermath of domestic abuse: ‘This is only to raise awareness’ Friday 10:40 AM
- Skai Jackson gets restraining order against Bhad Bhabie after death threat Friday 10:19 AM
- Taylor Swift shades Scooter Braun in ‘The Man’ video Friday 10:15 AM
- Porn stars are lining up behind Bernie Sanders Friday 10:10 AM
- YouTube mom says she ‘beat’ her 2-year-old daughter for ruining her makeup kit Friday 10:02 AM
- Ajit Pai’s net neutrality victory lap comes as his own repeal is under review Friday 9:20 AM
- Alissa Violet is in Italy—and fans are worried she’ll get coronavirus Friday 9:19 AM
Aniston and Pitt were the couple in the early 2000s. They ended their marriage in 2005, and while it seems like the couple is over it, Twitter users sure aren’t.
There are a few moments, in particular, that are making Twitter users hope that the couple is back together. (They aren’t.)
At the event, Aniston won an award for her role in The Morning Show. During her acceptance speech, Pitt watched from backstage and was reportedly smiling as she spoke.
“Caught this pretty cool moment when Brad stopped and watched Jen win her SAG Award, he couldn’t stop smiling,” E! host Jason Kennedy wrote on Twitter along with a video.
And then there’s a part during Pitt’s speech. As Pitt accepted his award for his part in Once Upon A Time In Hollywood, he made a joke and Aniston was seen laughing and clapping at the quip.
But what’s really breaking brains are a couple of photographs of Aniston and Pitt sharing a friendly moment at the awards show. One shows them laughing together, and the other shows him holding her hand as she walks away.
When the pictures made their way onto Twitter, people began freaking out. Their names have been trending overnight.
“As someone who studied psychology for two days before quitting for criminology, I know this means he loves her and regrets everything,” Twitter user @BrishanRae jokingly wrote alongside a zoomed-in picture of Pitt’s and Aniston’s hands.
brad pitt and jennifer aniston ending all the rumors pic.twitter.com/e8S7q6VpQN— grace dante (@misslefroy) January 20, 2020
WHAT THE FUCK I WASNT READY FOR THIS OMFG JENNIFER ANISTON AND BRAD PITT WHAT THE pic.twitter.com/yxJ9vzSSNN— somebody (@marierachel_) January 20, 2020
Me looking at photos of Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston at the SAG awards pic.twitter.com/Yi9MM9CV61— shaunagh farrelly (@shaunaghfar) January 20, 2020
So while Sunday night was a career-defining moment for both of the actors, people were really only interested in the possibility of a romantic reunion.
“Look. If I can get My Chemical Romance and the Jonas Brothers back together, I can definitely get Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston back together,” musician Mark Hoppus wrote on Twitter. “2020 is the year I’m gonna make it happen.”
Twitter users can only hope.
Look. If I can get My Chemical Romance and the Jonas Brothers back together, I can definitely get Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston back together. 2020 is the year I’m gonna make it happen.— Ḿå℟₭ (@markhoppus) January 20, 2020
- Jennifer Aniston already has 2 million followers on Instagram
- Jennifer Aniston and Ellen DeGeneres share a kiss in instant viral moment
- Brad Pitt bid $120,000 to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ with Emilia Clarke
Sierra Juarez is a freelance journalist and fact-checker based in Mexico. She most enjoys writing about human rights and politics and working in audience engagement. Her work has appeared in the Texas Tribune, the Austin American–Statesman, and the San Antonio Current.