- Boys’ sleepovers vs. girls’ sleepovers meme takes stereotypes to absurd heights Tuesday 7:30 PM
- Petition wants Keanu Reeves to be named ‘Time Person of the Year’ Tuesday 6:33 PM
- 8 women accuse Max Landis of sexual, emotional abuse Tuesday 5:37 PM
- Taylor Swift accused of copying Beyoncé—again Tuesday 5:00 PM
- Everything you need to know about Libra, Facebook’s new cryptocurrency Tuesday 4:45 PM
- Netflix just renewed ‘Queer Eye’ for 2 more seasons Tuesday 4:32 PM
- YouTube’s queen of failed robots just unveiled a one-of-a-kind Tesla truck Tuesday 3:58 PM
- AOC infuriates conservatives with ‘concentration camps’ remark Tuesday 3:33 PM
- TikTok users explore identity with Lin Manuel Miranda-inspired meme Tuesday 3:24 PM
- TikTok apology video inspires new duet meme Tuesday 2:51 PM
- Man sues brewery after identifying as female to get beer discount Tuesday 2:31 PM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in July 2019 Tuesday 2:22 PM
- This biotech company’s logo is almost straight out of Resident Evil Tuesday 1:26 PM
- Trump says mass deportations to start next week Tuesday 12:28 PM
- GOP pollster bothered by broken elevator in Austria blames socialism Tuesday 10:50 AM
Brad Pitt bid $120,000 to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ with Emilia Clarke
DoD News Features/Flickr (Public Domain)
He didn’t even win.
The hit HBO series Game of Thrones provided the world an effective entry in the “celebrities, they’re just like us!” scrapbook earlier this week, when Academy Award-winning actor Brad Pitt bid a staggering $120,000 for the chance to watch an episode with Daenerys Targaryen herself, Emilia Clarke.
The bidding reportedly went down at the Sean Penn J/P HRO Gala in Los Angeles on Saturday, an event to benefit Penn’s Haitian relief organization. Penn founded the nonprofit in 2010 following the massive earthquake that decimated the island nation. According to Us Weekly, Pitt wasn’t the only celebrity in attendance, as Leonardo DiCaprio was also in the room in addition, obviously, to Clarke herself.
brad pitt bid $120,000 to watch game of thrones with emilia clarke pic.twitter.com/SK4Qqk3hOG
— Game Of Thrones News (@gameofupdates) January 7, 2018
Pitt, 54, reportedly threw down an opening bid of $80,000 for the privilege of watching an episode with Clarke, who’s been on the mega-hit HBO series since its first season and who will be returning for its recently announced final season in 2019.
He ultimately upped his bid to $120,000 before bowing out, with the winner reportedly taking it at $160,000. Which just goes to show that even for an international megastar, multimillionaire celebrity like Pitt, there is still such a thing as “too much” to watch an hour of TV with Emilia Clarke.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.