- Netflix is testing out a random play feature 1 Year Ago
- Teen star Danielle Cohn faked pregnancy for YouTube prank 1 Year Ago
- How to watch ‘A Discovery of Witches’ for free 1 Year Ago
- Rev up your own family rivalries with these ‘Game of Thrones’ board games Today 10:29 AM
- Mueller’s ‘harm to ongoing matter’ is the best way to stay silent about your life Today 10:21 AM
- 10 Korean skincare brands that are worth your money Today 10:00 AM
- 20 unique Mother’s Day gifts for the cool moms Today 9:45 AM
- Ancestry.com ad tries to sell slavery as romance—not rape Today 9:44 AM
- The 9 best Satanic movies on Shudder Today 9:22 AM
- Twitch streamer banned after accidentally revealing racist chats Today 9:21 AM
- This video captures 15 years of meme trends in 10 minutes Today 8:57 AM
- Trump calls parts of Mueller Report ‘total bullshit’ in unfinished tweetstorm Today 8:24 AM
- Amid ‘Avengers’ hype, ‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ bumps up release date Today 7:57 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Someone Great’ is a coming-of-age rom-com for twenty-somethings Today 7:03 AM
- The best new movies and TV shows to stream this weekend Today 7:00 AM
Brad Pitt bid $120,000 to watch ‘Game of Thrones’ with Emilia Clarke
DoD News Features/Flickr (Public Domain)
He didn’t even win.
The hit HBO series Game of Thrones provided the world an effective entry in the “celebrities, they’re just like us!” scrapbook earlier this week, when Academy Award-winning actor Brad Pitt bid a staggering $120,000 for the chance to watch an episode with Daenerys Targaryen herself, Emilia Clarke.
The bidding reportedly went down at the Sean Penn J/P HRO Gala in Los Angeles on Saturday, an event to benefit Penn’s Haitian relief organization. Penn founded the nonprofit in 2010 following the massive earthquake that decimated the island nation. According to Us Weekly, Pitt wasn’t the only celebrity in attendance, as Leonardo DiCaprio was also in the room in addition, obviously, to Clarke herself.
brad pitt bid $120,000 to watch game of thrones with emilia clarke pic.twitter.com/SK4Qqk3hOG
— Game Of Thrones News (@gameofupdates) January 7, 2018
Pitt, 54, reportedly threw down an opening bid of $80,000 for the privilege of watching an episode with Clarke, who’s been on the mega-hit HBO series since its first season and who will be returning for its recently announced final season in 2019.
He ultimately upped his bid to $120,000 before bowing out, with the winner reportedly taking it at $160,000. Which just goes to show that even for an international megastar, multimillionaire celebrity like Pitt, there is still such a thing as “too much” to watch an hour of TV with Emilia Clarke.
Chris Tognotti is a frequent contributor for the Daily Dot. He’s a news and current events writer based out of Berkeley, California, and a co-host of the podcast Now We Know. While he specializes in domestic politics and opinion writing, he’s also savvy on sports, video games, and film.