- ‘Stranger Things’ star’s new Netflix prank show is receiving backlash Today 9:04 AM
- How to watch ‘City on a Hill’ for free Today 8:00 AM
- How to watch ‘Euphoria’ for free Today 7:00 AM
- Meet the home brewer turning beer into a case for net neutrality Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the U.S. vs. Chile at the World Cup for free Today 6:15 AM
- 15 teen movies on Netflix that will make you laugh, cry, and cringe Today 6:00 AM
- How to watch Estrella TV online for free Today 5:00 AM
- People are roasting this ‘traditional’ take on marriage with a hilarious meme Saturday 5:17 PM
- The internet just collectively realized that the Neopets of the world must be hungry Saturday 4:00 PM
- Alt-right message board 8chan was served a search warrant Saturday 3:06 PM
- O.J. Simpson just joined Twitter in the most bizarre fashion Saturday 1:20 PM
- Prominent phone-hacking firm says it can unlock any iPhone for law enforcement Saturday 12:39 PM
- Hundreds of police officers belong to extremist Facebook groups, investigation finds Saturday 9:31 AM
- How to watch Tyson Fury vs. Tom Schwarz online Saturday 8:00 AM
- ‘Late Night’ is a disappointing, tepid comedy Saturday 7:00 AM
Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations
Jason Mitchell (Straight Outta Compton, Mudbound) has reportedly been dropped from his talent agency, as well as upcoming Netflix film Desperados and Showtime series The Chi, over allegations of misconduct.
According to Deadline, there are no specific details about what exactly Mitchell is accused of, but he was reportedly dropped from Netflix comedy Desperados first, and his dismissal came after an investigation into an “alleged off-set incident.” We’ve reached out to Netflix for comment.
A representative for Showtime and Fox 21 confirmed to Deadline that Mitchell will not be featured in the third season of The Chi, but did not comment on specifics. Mitchell plays Brandon, one of the leads on the show, and Deadline cites that Mitchell had previously been involved in “inappropriate behavior” with a co-star. According to the Hollywood Reporter, a source claims that Tiffany Boone, who played Brandon’s girlfriend Jerrika on The Chi, had reported instances of sexual harassment by Mitchell and told Fox 21 that she did not feel safe working with him. Boone was reportedly one of several women on set who had issues with Mitchell.
His talent agency, UTA, and manager have also dropped him as a client. Mitchell has reportedly been replaced by New Girl‘s Lamorne Morris in Desperados.
- How to watch Netflix on Linux
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.