- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Today 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Today 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Today 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Today 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Today 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture Today 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Today 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Today 12:01 PM
- ‘We vape, we vote’ movement insists it’s real in wake of bot reports Today 12:01 PM
- Netflix will finally start cracking down on password sharing Today 11:48 AM
- PSAT memes are back! This year on TikTok and amid College Board crackdown Today 11:20 AM
- Scotland grants pardons to men, trans women convicted under homophobic laws Today 10:45 AM
- Cole Carrigan again accuses Austin McBroom of sexual assault Today 9:58 AM
- Trump’s condolences for Elijah Cummings ripped apart Today 9:24 AM
- How to watch ‘Hocus Pocus’ right now Today 9:18 AM
Jason Mitchell (Straight Outta Compton, Mudbound) has reportedly been dropped from his talent agency, as well as upcoming Netflix film Desperados and Showtime series The Chi, over allegations of misconduct.
According to Deadline, there are no specific details about what exactly Mitchell is accused of, but he was reportedly dropped from Netflix comedy Desperados first, and his dismissal came after an investigation into an “alleged off-set incident.” We’ve reached out to Netflix for comment.
A representative for Showtime and Fox 21 confirmed to Deadline that Mitchell will not be featured in the third season of The Chi, but did not comment on specifics. Mitchell plays Brandon, one of the leads on the show, and Deadline cites that Mitchell had previously been involved in “inappropriate behavior” with a co-star. According to the Hollywood Reporter, a source claims that Tiffany Boone, who played Brandon’s girlfriend Jerrika on The Chi, had reported instances of sexual harassment by Mitchell and told Fox 21 that she did not feel safe working with him. Boone was reportedly one of several women on set who had issues with Mitchell.
His talent agency, UTA, and manager have also dropped him as a client. Mitchell has reportedly been replaced by New Girl‘s Lamorne Morris in Desperados.
- How to watch Netflix on Linux
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.