- Twitter lifts ‘permanent’ suspension of activist Barrett Brown Monday 5:52 PM
- Billie Eilish fans fend off objectifying comments on tank top photo Monday 5:32 PM
- Groom’s mother sabotages wedding by tricking guests into wearing jorts and hoodies Monday 4:39 PM
- No one believes Bill de Blasio’s son sent him these debate prep texts Monday 3:26 PM
- Meek Mill, Jay-Z to release ‘Free Meek’ documentary on Amazon Prime Monday 3:20 PM
- 3 ways to secure your Nest cameras Monday 3:15 PM
- This Pokémon generator site is creating hilarious monsters Monday 2:48 PM
- MrBeast impersonator tricks kid into destroying his XBox Monday 12:50 PM
- This mom has the perfect nickname for her nonbinary kid Monday 12:25 PM
- Netflix tests pop-out player that will allow viewers to multitask Monday 11:44 AM
- Man allowed to sue media publishers over readers’ Facebook comments Monday 11:42 AM
- Republicans slammed for joke about ‘heavily armed militia’ at Oregon statehouse Monday 11:30 AM
- New bill wants tech companies to tell you how much your data is worth Monday 10:53 AM
- AOC has the best response to Steve King’s ‘concentration camp’ criticism Monday 10:19 AM
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged? Monday 9:26 AM
Jason Mitchell fired from ‘Desperados’ and ‘The Chi’ after misconduct allegations
Jason Mitchell (Straight Outta Compton, Mudbound) has reportedly been dropped from his talent agency, as well as upcoming Netflix film Desperados and Showtime series The Chi, over allegations of misconduct.
According to Deadline, there are no specific details about what exactly Mitchell is accused of, but he was reportedly dropped from Netflix comedy Desperados first, and his dismissal came after an investigation into an “alleged off-set incident.” We’ve reached out to Netflix for comment.
A representative for Showtime and Fox 21 confirmed to Deadline that Mitchell will not be featured in the third season of The Chi, but did not comment on specifics. Mitchell plays Brandon, one of the leads on the show, and Deadline cites that Mitchell had previously been involved in “inappropriate behavior” with a co-star. According to the Hollywood Reporter, a source claims that Tiffany Boone, who played Brandon’s girlfriend Jerrika on The Chi, had reported instances of sexual harassment by Mitchell and told Fox 21 that she did not feel safe working with him. Boone was reportedly one of several women on set who had issues with Mitchell.
His talent agency, UTA, and manager have also dropped him as a client. Mitchell has reportedly been replaced by New Girl‘s Lamorne Morris in Desperados.
- How to watch Netflix on Linux
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.