- People are demanding the man who filmed the killing of Eric Garner be freed with #FreeRamsey Monday 7:36 PM
- Billie Eilish’s ‘Bad Guy’ unseats ‘Old Town Road’ from the No. 1 spot Monday 6:11 PM
- People think Ghislaine Maxwell was Photoshopped in those In-N-Out photos Monday 5:41 PM
- People are transfixed by a TikTok cat dancing along to ‘Mr. Sandman’ Monday 4:52 PM
- Nazi troll pretending to be antifa in Portland gets outed by internet Monday 4:15 PM
- ‘Dear White People’ season 3 reflects the exhaustion of the times—for better or for worse Monday 3:59 PM
- ‘Seinfeld’ and ‘Friends’ fans feud over which sitcom is better Monday 3:57 PM
- Anti-abortion centers are getting around Google’s misinformation policy Monday 3:45 PM
- Twitter, Facebook remove Chinese accounts spreading Hong Kong misinformation Monday 3:41 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 offers no happy endings Monday 3:19 PM
- How to watch ‘The Righteous Gemstones’ online Monday 3:03 PM
- ‘Mindhunter’ season 2 brings out the memes Monday 2:59 PM
- Rumor suggests the X-Men might battle the Avengers on-screen Monday 2:54 PM
- The CDC is investigating cases of severe lung damage linked to vaping Monday 2:08 PM
- How to stream the 49ers vs. Broncos on (preseason) Monday Night Football Monday 1:24 PM
Jason Mitchell (Straight Outta Compton, Mudbound) has reportedly been dropped from his talent agency, as well as upcoming Netflix film Desperados and Showtime series The Chi, over allegations of misconduct.
According to Deadline, there are no specific details about what exactly Mitchell is accused of, but he was reportedly dropped from Netflix comedy Desperados first, and his dismissal came after an investigation into an “alleged off-set incident.” We’ve reached out to Netflix for comment.
A representative for Showtime and Fox 21 confirmed to Deadline that Mitchell will not be featured in the third season of The Chi, but did not comment on specifics. Mitchell plays Brandon, one of the leads on the show, and Deadline cites that Mitchell had previously been involved in “inappropriate behavior” with a co-star. According to the Hollywood Reporter, a source claims that Tiffany Boone, who played Brandon’s girlfriend Jerrika on The Chi, had reported instances of sexual harassment by Mitchell and told Fox 21 that she did not feel safe working with him. Boone was reportedly one of several women on set who had issues with Mitchell.
His talent agency, UTA, and manager have also dropped him as a client. Mitchell has reportedly been replaced by New Girl‘s Lamorne Morris in Desperados.
- How to watch Netflix on Linux
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 trailer teases a wet, hot American summer
- Netflix’s ‘Maria’ is a trigger-happy B-movie
Audra Schroeder is the Daily Dot’s senior entertainment writer, and she focuses on streaming, comedy, and music. Her work has previously appeared in the Austin Chronicle, the Dallas Observer, NPR, ESPN, Bitch, and the Village Voice. She is based in Austin, Texas.