- How to stream Chelsea vs. Ajax in the Champions League 2 Years Ago
- People are using #WheresLindsey to criticize Graham over Trump ‘lynching’ defense Tuesday 8:22 PM
- 2 Proud Boys sentenced to 4 years in prison for attacking antifa protesters Tuesday 7:20 PM
- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt Tuesday 6:24 PM
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Tuesday 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Tuesday 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Tuesday 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Tuesday 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Tuesday 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Tuesday 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Tuesday 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Tuesday 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Tuesday 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Tuesday 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Tuesday 2:16 PM
The moment took place while the rapper was sitting courtside at an NBA game to cheer on his hometown Toronto Raptors. The camera cut to Champagne Papi during a candid moment—while he was pouring the contents of what appears to be a grapefruit-flavored Perrier into a white plastic cup. You’d think that would be a ho-hum shot of the celebrity, but for some reason, as soon as he noticed himself on the Jumbotron, the rapper froze like a teen caught throwing a house party.
“Do I put the can down?” you see him asking himself, inexplicably frazzled. “Or just keep… pouring?” Eventually, he smirks and decides to go with the latter.
Aside from general social awkwardness, there are a couple business reasons Drake might have wanted to avoid holding the can in public. He has partnered with Sprite a few times over the years and recently launched his own whiskey, so that could explain some of his hesitance to be caught on camera enjoying another company’s seltzer. Or maybe he was just mixing an adult beverage with something he’d brought from home and didn’t want to get in trouble with arena security. In the end, whatever his concerns were, Drake’s love of a good time ended up winning out over everything else.
And Twitter could definitely relate:
Me every time I see a guy I like https://t.co/lf5lXlgF5T— Dj Chary Nicks (@CharyNicks) November 30, 2017
When someone gives you a Christmas gift and you didn't get them anything 🎁 https://t.co/0f6rqCNS9P— Brooksy (@BrooksyRadio) November 30, 2017
Teacher: pull out ya hw from last night— Eathan Jonassaint (@EathanKnows) November 30, 2017
The drink is his flawless discography and the cup is my happiness https://t.co/dP9ZUXAM4W— drake & prince fan account (@goIdsoundz) November 30, 2017
When the waiter comes to ur table after 20 minutes and asks if ur ready to order and u haven’t even looked at the menu https://t.co/MsJf6GhLSt— Cody Bertin (@CBerd) November 30, 2017
The prince of relatable content strikes again.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.