- ‘Shrill’ season 2 expands its world and point of view 2 Years Ago
- Trans/Sex: Let trans art be messy, weird, and uncomfortable Today 6:00 AM
- Pediatrician gets death threats after pro-vaccine TikTok video Monday 9:37 PM
- This Australia-themed dildo is raising money to fight the bushfires Monday 8:26 PM
- Influencers say they’ve received unwanted sexual solicitations worth thousands Monday 7:39 PM
- Pregnant woman masterfully trolls gender-obsessed relative Monday 3:05 PM
- HBO’s ‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ returns from a 2-year break with brand new ways to make you cringe Monday 3:00 PM
- Far-right accused of impersonating antifa online to encourage violence at Richmond rally Monday 1:59 PM
- Second Amendment protesters defend gun rights with truly terrible signs Monday 12:52 PM
- David Lynch surprises fans by dropping Netflix short out of the blue Monday 12:29 PM
- Poop-focused parody of Kent State Gun Girl sparks conservative ire Monday 11:58 AM
- 6-year-old raises $250K for Australian bushfires by making clay koalas Monday 11:31 AM
- What you need to know about Clearview AI and its facial recognition app Monday 10:36 AM
- Apple TV+ gets its first SAG Award while Netflix and Amazon nab 2 each Monday 10:07 AM
- Facebook apologizes for translating Chinese president’s name to ‘Mr. Sh*thole’ Monday 9:45 AM
The moment took place while the rapper was sitting courtside at an NBA game to cheer on his hometown Toronto Raptors. The camera cut to Champagne Papi during a candid moment—while he was pouring the contents of what appears to be a grapefruit-flavored Perrier into a white plastic cup. You’d think that would be a ho-hum shot of the celebrity, but for some reason, as soon as he noticed himself on the Jumbotron, the rapper froze like a teen caught throwing a house party.
“Do I put the can down?” you see him asking himself, inexplicably frazzled. “Or just keep… pouring?” Eventually, he smirks and decides to go with the latter.
Aside from general social awkwardness, there are a couple business reasons Drake might have wanted to avoid holding the can in public. He has partnered with Sprite a few times over the years and recently launched his own whiskey, so that could explain some of his hesitance to be caught on camera enjoying another company’s seltzer. Or maybe he was just mixing an adult beverage with something he’d brought from home and didn’t want to get in trouble with arena security. In the end, whatever his concerns were, Drake’s love of a good time ended up winning out over everything else.
And Twitter could definitely relate:
Me every time I see a guy I like https://t.co/lf5lXlgF5T— Dj Chary Nicks (@CharyNicks) November 30, 2017
When someone gives you a Christmas gift and you didn't get them anything 🎁 https://t.co/0f6rqCNS9P— Brooksy (@BrooksyRadio) November 30, 2017
Teacher: pull out ya hw from last night— Eathan Jonassaint (@EathanKnows) November 30, 2017
The drink is his flawless discography and the cup is my happiness https://t.co/dP9ZUXAM4W— drake & prince fan account (@goIdsoundz) November 30, 2017
When the waiter comes to ur table after 20 minutes and asks if ur ready to order and u haven’t even looked at the menu https://t.co/MsJf6GhLSt— Cody Bertin (@CBerd) November 30, 2017
The prince of relatable content strikes again.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.