- 2020 Democrats refuse to answer our questions about ‘Cats’ Friday 4:14 PM
- Belle Delphine’s Instagram account removed after mass reporting campaign Friday 4:08 PM
- Mariah Carey refuses old-age FaceApp challenge Friday 3:19 PM
- Journalists horrified by consolidation of Gatehouse, Gannett Friday 3:12 PM
- Facebook and Google could be tracking you on porn sites Friday 1:42 PM
- 7 best sites for psychic love readings Friday 1:20 PM
- Driver demonstrates why you always need to read road signs Friday 12:58 PM
- Area 51 remix video proves it’s the summer of Lil Nas X Friday 12:26 PM
- ‘ICE will come’: Convenience store clerk threatens customers speaking Spanish Friday 12:11 PM
- Rand Paul dodges questions about 9/11 Victims Fund, says ‘watch Fox News’ Friday 11:51 AM
- Report: ‘Stranger Things’ season 4 to begin shooting in October Friday 11:03 AM
- AT&T paid Michael Cohen to consult on net neutrality, FBI documents show Friday 9:10 AM
- Mysterio’s ruse changes on a second viewing of ‘Far From Home’ Friday 9:06 AM
- Twitter overturns Barrett Brown’s third permanent suspension Friday 8:49 AM
- How to live stream Liga MX Friday 7:56 AM
Drake gets caught mixing a drink on the Jumbotron—and becomes a new meme
The moment took place while the rapper was sitting courtside at an NBA game to cheer on his hometown Toronto Raptors. The camera cut to Champagne Papi during a candid moment—while he was pouring the contents of what appears to be a grapefruit-flavored Perrier into a white plastic cup. You’d think that would be a ho-hum shot of the celebrity, but for some reason, as soon as he noticed himself on the Jumbotron, the rapper froze like a teen caught throwing a house party.
“Do I put the can down?” you see him asking himself, inexplicably frazzled. “Or just keep… pouring?” Eventually, he smirks and decides to go with the latter.
Aside from general social awkwardness, there are a couple business reasons Drake might have wanted to avoid holding the can in public. He has partnered with Sprite a few times over the years and recently launched his own whiskey, so that could explain some of his hesitance to be caught on camera enjoying another company’s seltzer. Or maybe he was just mixing an adult beverage with something he’d brought from home and didn’t want to get in trouble with arena security. In the end, whatever his concerns were, Drake’s love of a good time ended up winning out over everything else.
And Twitter could definitely relate:
Me every time I see a guy I like https://t.co/lf5lXlgF5T— Dj Chary Nicks (@CharyNicks) November 30, 2017
When someone gives you a Christmas gift and you didn't get them anything 🎁 https://t.co/0f6rqCNS9P— Brooksy (@BrooksyRadio) November 30, 2017
Teacher: pull out ya hw from last night— Eathan Jonassaint (@EathanKnows) November 30, 2017
The drink is his flawless discography and the cup is my happiness https://t.co/dP9ZUXAM4W— drake & prince fan account (@goIdsoundz) November 30, 2017
When the waiter comes to ur table after 20 minutes and asks if ur ready to order and u haven’t even looked at the menu https://t.co/MsJf6GhLSt— Cody Bertin (@CBerd) November 30, 2017
The prince of relatable content strikes again.
Christine Friar is a writer and editor in New York who focuses on streaming entertainment and internet culture. Her work has appeared in the Awl, the Fader, New York Magazine, Paper Magazine, Vogue, Elle, and more.