- Angela Abar wrestles with destiny in ‘Watchmen’ episode 8 Sunday 9:05 PM
- Guy who runs Trump Organization Twitter account caught hyping up own tweet Sunday 4:51 PM
- People found out how tall Olaf is–and now ‘Frozen’ is terrifying Sunday 3:41 PM
- Rapper Juice WRLD dead at 21 Sunday 3:02 PM
- Embody Andrew Yang, fight other presidential candidates in video game Sunday 2:33 PM
- Ariana Grande spoke with TikTok teen who looks exactly like her Sunday 1:00 PM
- Beyoncé accused of paying dancers ‘low rates’ Sunday 11:58 AM
- Timmy Thick blasted for saying the N-word in comeback video Sunday 9:11 AM
- Netflix’s ‘The Confession Killer’ is a devastating and well-built portrait of a con artist Sunday 8:00 AM
- Swipe This! I’m ashamed to tell anyone about my online shopping habit Sunday 6:00 AM
- UPS facing backlash for thanking police after employee killed in shootout Saturday 5:02 PM
- Sanders campaign fires staffer after anti-Semitic, homophobic tweets surface Saturday 3:13 PM
- Brother Nature was attacked, says everyone just watched with phones out Saturday 2:45 PM
- Ryan Reynolds’ gin company hires Peloton wife for ad Saturday 1:24 PM
- Ex-vegan YouTuber accused of fraud after following meat-only diet Saturday 1:11 PM
BTS just joined on TikTok, and they already have 1 million followers.
“#BTS TikTok Channel Open!” the K-pop group’s official Twitter announced on Wednesday.
Their username on the short-form video sharing app is @bts_official_bighit. A few hours upon joining, BTS uploaded their first-ever TikTok video, featuring the group posing while “Boy With Luv” plays in the background. It has since been liked over two million times.
“First video uploaded!” the band wrote on Twitter.
A second video was uploaded hours later and was received with similar excitement from ARMY by receiving millions of views.
Some BTS fans are crediting–or blaming, rather–Jungkook, one of the group’s members, for the decision to finally move over to TikTok.
“How much did Jungkook pay you?” a Twitter user questioned BTS’ account.
how much did jungkook pay u— KPOP PREDICTIONS (@girlsgenratlon) September 25, 2019
bts: so whose idea was to download tiktok?— ruru (@listenbts) September 25, 2019
u cant convince me that bts opening their own tiktok wasnt 100% jungkook’s idea after stumbled onto this edit on his side account pic.twitter.com/LnO4cUxsyt— zai ♡ 슈짐 (@awjiminie) September 25, 2019
Others are just excited to see more of the group, even if it means having to download yet another app.
“Y’all really gonna make me download tiktok, the things I do for love,” another user lamented.
Yall rlly gonna make me download tiktok the things i do for love— best discography? (@btsdiscography) September 25, 2019
Where's my " i downloaded tiktok just for bts" squad at? pic.twitter.com/QTEaS3VQNS— Tae luv (@relish_ot7) September 25, 2019
I really just downloaded tiktok the things I do for BTS pic.twitter.com/l7Kxp1doWL— Naj.☁️ (@S0FTHOBII) September 25, 2019
anti tiktok army’s rising from the dead to download tiktok because of bts pic.twitter.com/pXPpgUNJZe— ً (@vantestaegi) September 25, 2019
Army's: ew tiktok is so cringe I'll never get it— jundada| 🇨🇦⛄🌨️❄️ (@chiliesjimin) September 25, 2019
*BTS gets tiktok*
Army's changing their minds after BTS gets it: pic.twitter.com/8gKa6tfCEO
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.