- Paul Joseph Watson is very upset by bartender serving beer with her butt 4 Weeks Ago
- Twitter developing a policy to combat deepfakes Today 5:28 PM
- The Nate Diaz vs. Jorge Masvidal bout at UFC 244 is perfect for NYC and its fight mecca Today 5:27 PM
- Alexis Bledel named most dangerous online celebrity Today 5:02 PM
- Kylie Jenner trademarks ‘rise and shine’ after meme success Today 4:50 PM
- ‘Watchmen’ website expands what you know about its alt-history Today 4:31 PM
- Smoke ’em, pass ’em Week 8: Mark Walton szn Today 4:26 PM
- Venmo’s first-ever credit card to launch in 2020 Today 3:46 PM
- Wet Kylo Ren may turn everyone to the dark side Today 3:15 PM
- Man allegedly targeted trans women on dating app, robbed them at knifepoint Today 3:02 PM
- Researchers expose how Amazon Echo and Google Home can steal passwords Today 2:47 PM
- Facebook removing Instagram Story filters that mimic plastic surgery Today 2:16 PM
- Mom solves ‘ghost baby’ image mystery after viral post Today 1:23 PM
- Elon Musk tweeted ‘through space’ Today 1:16 PM
- Don’t want a Fitbit? These step tracker apps got you covered Today 12:51 PM
BTS just joined on TikTok, and they already have 1 million followers.
“#BTS TikTok Channel Open!” the K-pop group’s official Twitter announced on Wednesday.
Their username on the short-form video sharing app is @bts_official_bighit. A few hours upon joining, BTS uploaded their first-ever TikTok video, featuring the group posing while “Boy With Luv” plays in the background. It has since been liked over two million times.
“First video uploaded!” the band wrote on Twitter.
A second video was uploaded hours later and was received with similar excitement from ARMY by receiving millions of views.
Some BTS fans are crediting–or blaming, rather–Jungkook, one of the group’s members, for the decision to finally move over to TikTok.
“How much did Jungkook pay you?” a Twitter user questioned BTS’ account.
how much did jungkook pay u— KPOP PREDICTIONS (@girlsgenratlon) September 25, 2019
bts: so whose idea was to download tiktok?— ruru (@listenbts) September 25, 2019
u cant convince me that bts opening their own tiktok wasnt 100% jungkook’s idea after stumbled onto this edit on his side account pic.twitter.com/LnO4cUxsyt— zai ♡ 슈짐 (@awjiminie) September 25, 2019
Others are just excited to see more of the group, even if it means having to download yet another app.
“Y’all really gonna make me download tiktok, the things I do for love,” another user lamented.
Yall rlly gonna make me download tiktok the things i do for love— best discography? (@btsdiscography) September 25, 2019
Where's my " i downloaded tiktok just for bts" squad at? pic.twitter.com/QTEaS3VQNS— Tae luv (@relish_ot7) September 25, 2019
I really just downloaded tiktok the things I do for BTS pic.twitter.com/l7Kxp1doWL— Naj.☁️ (@S0FTHOBII) September 25, 2019
anti tiktok army’s rising from the dead to download tiktok because of bts pic.twitter.com/pXPpgUNJZe— ً (@vantestaegi) September 25, 2019
Army's: ew tiktok is so cringe I'll never get it— jundada| 🇨🇦 (@chiliesjimin) September 25, 2019
*BTS gets tiktok*
Army's changing their minds after BTS gets it: pic.twitter.com/8gKa6tfCEO
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.