- James Charles receives backlash over ‘racist’ imitation of Latinx TikTok character, Rosa Tuesday 7:06 PM
- Video shows people harassing elderly Asian man while he collects cans Tuesday 6:23 PM
- Bob Iger steps down as Disney CEO, prompting conspiracy theories Tuesday 5:53 PM
- Bhad Bhabie threatens to kill Skai Jackson amid feud involving their moms Tuesday 4:51 PM
- Body camera shows officer boasting about arresting a 6-year-old Tuesday 3:58 PM
- Singer Duffy opens up about the rape, captivity that led her to stop singing Tuesday 3:51 PM
- Cynthia Nixon embodies feminist rage in viral video Tuesday 3:30 PM
- Samsung factory shuts down amid confirmed coronavirus case Tuesday 3:08 PM
- Bebe Rexha says she won’t be ‘imprisoned’ by bipolar disorder Tuesday 2:33 PM
- The ‘your music saved me’ meme celebrates the wackiest influences of our time Tuesday 2:20 PM
- This guy slapped his mom’s boobs for a TikTok and, honestly, it’s exhausting (updated) Tuesday 12:37 PM
- Jif peanut butter and Giphy have joined forces on how to pronounce ‘GIF’ Tuesday 12:19 PM
- This dad threw a 1-year HRT party for his trans son and the internet can’t get enough of it Tuesday 11:44 AM
- This petition wants Pornhub to be shut down for good Tuesday 11:03 AM
- Pete Buttigieg’s speech voice is suspiciously like Obama’s Tuesday 10:56 AM
BTS just joined on TikTok, and they already have 1 million followers.
“#BTS TikTok Channel Open!” the K-pop group’s official Twitter announced on Wednesday.
Their username on the short-form video sharing app is @bts_official_bighit. A few hours upon joining, BTS uploaded their first-ever TikTok video, featuring the group posing while “Boy With Luv” plays in the background. It has since been liked over two million times.
“First video uploaded!” the band wrote on Twitter.
A second video was uploaded hours later and was received with similar excitement from ARMY by receiving millions of views.
Some BTS fans are crediting–or blaming, rather–Jungkook, one of the group’s members, for the decision to finally move over to TikTok.
“How much did Jungkook pay you?” a Twitter user questioned BTS’ account.
how much did jungkook pay u— KPOP PREDICTIONS (@girlsgenratlon) September 25, 2019
bts: so whose idea was to download tiktok?— ruru (@listenbts) September 25, 2019
u cant convince me that bts opening their own tiktok wasnt 100% jungkook’s idea after stumbled onto this edit on his side account pic.twitter.com/LnO4cUxsyt— zai ♡ 슈짐 (@awjiminie) September 25, 2019
Others are just excited to see more of the group, even if it means having to download yet another app.
“Y’all really gonna make me download tiktok, the things I do for love,” another user lamented.
Yall rlly gonna make me download tiktok the things i do for love— best discography? (@btsdiscography) September 25, 2019
Where's my " i downloaded tiktok just for bts" squad at? pic.twitter.com/QTEaS3VQNS— Tae luv (@relish_ot7) September 25, 2019
I really just downloaded tiktok the things I do for BTS pic.twitter.com/l7Kxp1doWL— Naj.☁️ (@S0FTHOBII) September 25, 2019
anti tiktok army’s rising from the dead to download tiktok because of bts pic.twitter.com/pXPpgUNJZe— ً (@vantestaegi) September 25, 2019
Army's: ew tiktok is so cringe I'll never get it— bobby (@chiliesjimin) September 25, 2019
*BTS gets tiktok*
Army's changing their minds after BTS gets it: pic.twitter.com/8gKa6tfCEO
Tiffanie Drayton is a geek culture and lifestyle reporter whose work covers everything from gender and race to anime and Xbox. Her work has appeared in Complex, Salon, Marie Claire, Playboy, and elsewhere.