- Is that Rosa Parks in random Twitter user’s baby photo? Tuesday 8:24 PM
- Syracuse students say white supremacist manifesto was AirDropped to them Tuesday 7:44 PM
- Florida woman gets prison time for throwing slushie at Matt Gaetz Tuesday 6:28 PM
- Marie Kondo’s online store slammed for selling clutter-worthy products Tuesday 5:34 PM
- People are rallying against toxic masculinity on International Men’s Day Tuesday 4:42 PM
- Reddit wants to stop its pro-Trump forum from outing the alleged whistleblower Tuesday 3:38 PM
- White woman calls cops on man who said he was visiting aunt with his kids Tuesday 3:12 PM
- ‘The Stranded’ is a flawed yet addictive blend of ‘Degrassi’ and ‘Lost’ Tuesday 2:45 PM
- The ‘gonna tell my kids’ meme is revisionist history at its most absurd Tuesday 2:24 PM
- Redditor asks former burglars to give home security tips Tuesday 2:18 PM
- Facebook-Breitbart partnership under fire in wake of new Stephen Miller emails Tuesday 2:00 PM
- John Krasinski under fire after praising the CIA Tuesday 1:46 PM
- Conservatives melt down after Chick-fil-A says it will stop donating to anti-LGBTQ orgs Tuesday 1:33 PM
- ‘Honey Boy’ is an experimental look at channeling trauma Tuesday 1:28 PM
- Disney+ now allows users to resume and restart content Tuesday 11:42 AM
A new feud between Tana Mongeau and Bella Thorne may be brewing.
The most recent drama was sparked this week after Thorne was featured on Logan Paul’s ImPaulsive podcast. Thorne, who made a name for herself on the Disney channel as an actress and singer, was discussing her rise to Disney stardom. When the topic of Mongeau, who Thorne dated between September 2017 and February 2019, arose, Thorne delivered a brief but harsh barb to the Instagram personality.
At the 26:10 mark, Mongeau came up. The group had been discussing how access to phones often limits creativity, and Thorne added a final thought on the topic. “I think with Instagram they should really snap down—sorry Tana—on Facetune and Photoshop,” she said.
Mongeau, who was lounging on a nearby beanbag chair, appeared to take the comment in stride. She laughingly responded “fuck off” from her position near the set before the conversation resumed.
Thorne’s shade would not be considered by many to be unwarranted. Mongeau has come under fire for editing her photos before. Facetune, a photo-editing app used by many Instagram influencers, allows for images to be altered. Several instances of supposed editing by Mongeau have been called out in the past, including a recent occurrence in which photos taken by friends revealed how heavily altered her typical uploads appear to be.
Thorne’s gentle barb may have been due to the damage photo-editing does to our collective psyche, but Mongeau’s recent engagement to Jake Paul seems to have factored in. While many believe the engagement to be a ruse, an Instagram post from Thorne revealed her anguish at the news. “When your ex gets engaged,” the 21-year-old wrote alongside a red-eyed photo of herself in June.
Regardless of what the intent behind the shade was, it’s resulted in some serious side-eyes from fans.
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged?
- YouTuber Tana Mongeau accused of sexualizing 15-year-old JoJo Siwa with Halloween costume
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.