- Is Trump defiling the U.S. flag in this MAGA dude’s artwork? Sunday 4:41 PM
- White woman claims she invented sleep bonnets, selling them for $100 Sunday 4:03 PM
- Even real cats are transfixed by the enigma that is the ‘Cats’ trailer Sunday 3:04 PM
- Wait, how tall is Peppa Pig? Sunday 1:55 PM
- Twitter suspends Iranian state media outlets for harassing members of a religious minority Sunday 1:06 PM
- Pro-MAGA pageant queen stripped of title over ‘offensive’ tweets Sunday 11:52 AM
- Marvel unveiled its Phase 4 plans at San Diego Comic-Con Sunday 9:16 AM
- How a queer Instagram is helping fight the opioid epidemic in Appalachia Sunday 6:30 AM
- Philadelphia to fire 13 officers for racist, violent Facebook posts Saturday 6:12 PM
- Nick Offerman is so down to play every single role in ‘Cats’ Saturday 4:27 PM
- Woman documents how airport staff broke her wheelchair Saturday 3:04 PM
- Funeral home allegedly posted photos of woman’s dead body on social media Saturday 1:56 PM
- Alinity Divine is being investigated after throwing her cat during stream (updated) Saturday 12:04 PM
- ‘Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee’ returns with Seinfeld making a racist joke about China Saturday 10:26 AM
- YouTubers Eugenia Cooney and Shane Dawson make a joint comeback Saturday 9:06 AM
A new feud between Tana Mongeau and Bella Thorne may be brewing.
The most recent drama was sparked this week after Thorne was featured on Logan Paul’s ImPaulsive podcast. Thorne, who made a name for herself on the Disney channel as an actress and singer, was discussing her rise to Disney stardom. When the topic of Mongeau, who Thorne dated between September 2017 and February 2019, arose, Thorne delivered a brief but harsh barb to the Instagram personality.
At the 26:10 mark, Mongeau came up. The group had been discussing how access to phones often limits creativity, and Thorne added a final thought on the topic. “I think with Instagram they should really snap down—sorry Tana—on Facetune and Photoshop,” she said.
Mongeau, who was lounging on a nearby beanbag chair, appeared to take the comment in stride. She laughingly responded “fuck off” from her position near the set before the conversation resumed.
Thorne’s shade would not be considered by many to be unwarranted. Mongeau has come under fire for editing her photos before. Facetune, a photo-editing app used by many Instagram influencers, allows for images to be altered. Several instances of supposed editing by Mongeau have been called out in the past, including a recent occurrence in which photos taken by friends revealed how heavily altered her typical uploads appear to be.
Thorne’s gentle barb may have been due to the damage photo-editing does to our collective psyche, but Mongeau’s recent engagement to Jake Paul seems to have factored in. While many believe the engagement to be a ruse, an Instagram post from Thorne revealed her anguish at the news. “When your ex gets engaged,” the 21-year-old wrote alongside a red-eyed photo of herself in June.
Regardless of what the intent behind the shade was, it’s resulted in some serious side-eyes from fans.
- ‘Bitch I’m Bella Thorne’ morphs into TikTok dyslexia meme
- Did Jake Paul and Tana Mongeau just get engaged?
- YouTuber Tana Mongeau accused of sexualizing 15-year-old JoJo Siwa with Halloween costume
Got five minutes? We’d love to hear from you. Help shape our journalism and be entered to win an Amazon gift card by filling out our 2019 reader survey.
Nahila Bonfiglio reports on geek culture and gaming. Her work has also appeared on KUT's Texas Standard (Austin), KPAC-FM (San Antonio), and the Daily Texan.