- Man asks woman to stop speaking Spanish on a plane—and bystanders start speaking Spanish 7 Months Ago
- Schumer calls on FBI, FTC to investigate FaceApp 7 Months Ago
- Netflix loses subscribers—but hopes some tentpole shows can save it Today 12:10 PM
- Man utterly roasted for saying woman can’t ask for equality in revealing clothing Today 12:07 PM
- Instagram struggles to remove photos of Bianca Devins’ dead body Today 11:14 AM
- ‘Storm Area 51’ creator says its gotten so big he’s worried about the FBI Today 10:49 AM
- Everyone loves Q baby, the baby who apparently supports QAnon Today 9:53 AM
- Thread about ‘depression meals’ is inspiring lots of relatable answers Today 9:36 AM
- How long is ‘Avengers: Infinity War’? Today 9:30 AM
- Rand Paul ripped for halting 9/11 Victim Fund re-authorization bill Today 9:18 AM
- Here’s what’s coming and going on Hulu in August 2019 Today 7:00 AM
- ‘Game of Thrones’ creators drop out of Comic-Con at last minute Today 6:38 AM
- Inside Britt McHenry’s war on women Today 6:30 AM
- The glorious highs and unexpected quirks of 4K streaming Today 6:00 AM
- Southwest Airlines passengers receive free Nintendo Switch consoles and Mario Maker 2 Wednesday 9:10 PM
This is simply unacceptable.
Anyone who has entered a man’s bathroom probably knows you never know what you’re going to get. Will there be beard trimmings lining the sink? Or will it be surprisingly clean? It can be hard to tell what you’re going to walk into. If you thought you’d seen it all, think again. There is a viral thread on Twitter where women are sharing the weirdest thing they’ve found in a man’s bathroom.
“Ladies, what’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever found in a boy’s bathroom? Allow me to start,” one person wrote on Twitter accompanying a photo of the handle of hairbrush taped to a plunger.
ladies what’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever found in a boy’s bathroom? allow me to start pic.twitter.com/WbvwM86H4b— jodie (@jodieegrace) December 14, 2018
The tweet took off and women began sharing their own horrors that they’ve encountered. The responses are shocking when you consider that people are really out here living like this. Some shared odd decor choices, like this vintage framed photo of the Jonas Brothers.
Another person shared a statue of a woman with a lampshade on top of her that she said the guys who lived there called “the mother.” I have a lot of questions about this one.
The weirdest part about this was they all referred to it as “The Mother” pic.twitter.com/JUkISDLfz6— Alexis (@Alexismariah_24) December 16, 2018
Apparently, some men have trouble maintaining a normal toilet paper holder. Women shared photos of the strangest holders, including this one with a toothbrush that wasn’t even being used to hold the toilet paper.
And this very confusing rig with pencils and rubber bands that seems completely unnecessary because the holder in the photo seems to be functional.
The boys' upstairs toliet paper roll..... pic.twitter.com/BQXiVuxSct— m (@ohhitsmckenna) December 15, 2018
Others had some interesting shower methods.
This person takes the cake. They used an orange as a toothbrush holder. To be clear, toothbrush holders can be found for as little as $2.00.
Writer Roxane Gay responded to the thread saying it is “all the evidence you need to never date a man again. My god. Clean your bathrooms, men. Get some Clorox, a sponge, a toothbrush holder, a towel rack. Ugh. I am so upset.”
This thread alone is all the evidence you need to never date a man again. My god. Clean your bathrooms, men. Get some Clorox, a sponge, a toothbrush holder, a towel rack. Ugh. I am so upset. https://t.co/DIGGMWEv4D— roxane gay (@rgay) December 16, 2018
I think we’re all upset. What are the guys doing? Men, please get your bathroom together for everyone’s sake. This is simply unacceptable.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.