- People are sharing how serving in the military has ruined their lives with #WhyIServe Sunday 5:31 PM
- Gillette ad showing a dad teaching his trans son how to shave has the internet in tears Sunday 4:34 PM
- 4chan’s new troll campaign aims to make the hashtag a white supremacist symbol Sunday 2:49 PM
- Here’s what that ‘cliff wife’ meme is all about Sunday 12:58 PM
- Artist suspended from Facebook, Instagram after posting anti-MAGA artwork Sunday 12:04 PM
- How to watch Serie A online for free Sunday 7:30 AM
- What does ‘uwu’ mean? Sunday 7:00 AM
- How to uninstall the Epic Games Launcher (for real) Sunday 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Indianapolis 500 online for free Sunday 6:00 AM
- Ohio KKK rally met with massive counter-protest and witty signs from local businesses Saturday 5:06 PM
- Guy who said he stole drugs from MS-13 now says viral story is fake Saturday 4:07 PM
- Financial service company left 885 million private records exposed online Saturday 3:13 PM
- Sasha Obama went to prom and Twitter is delighted with the photos Saturday 2:22 PM
- Jon Voight says Trump is the greatest president since Lincoln in Twitter videos Saturday 1:31 PM
- #DeleteFacebook gains momentum after the platform refused to remove doctored Nancy Pelosi videos Saturday 11:58 AM
This is simply unacceptable.
Anyone who has entered a man’s bathroom probably knows you never know what you’re going to get. Will there be beard trimmings lining the sink? Or will it be surprisingly clean? It can be hard to tell what you’re going to walk into. If you thought you’d seen it all, think again. There is a viral thread on Twitter where women are sharing the weirdest thing they’ve found in a man’s bathroom.
“Ladies, what’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever found in a boy’s bathroom? Allow me to start,” one person wrote on Twitter accompanying a photo of the handle of hairbrush taped to a plunger.
ladies what’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever found in a boy’s bathroom? allow me to start pic.twitter.com/WbvwM86H4b
— jodie (@jodieegrace) December 14, 2018
The tweet took off and women began sharing their own horrors that they’ve encountered. The responses are shocking when you consider that people are really out here living like this. Some shared odd decor choices, like this vintage framed photo of the Jonas Brothers.
— Commie Mami (@ShrillianR) December 16, 2018
Another person shared a statue of a woman with a lampshade on top of her that she said the guys who lived there called “the mother.” I have a lot of questions about this one.
The weirdest part about this was they all referred to it as “The Mother” pic.twitter.com/JUkISDLfz6
— Alexis (@Alexismariah_24) December 16, 2018
Apparently, some men have trouble maintaining a normal toilet paper holder. Women shared photos of the strangest holders, including this one with a toothbrush that wasn’t even being used to hold the toilet paper.
— 🖤 Ash 🍑 (@AshTheYeen) December 16, 2018
And this very confusing rig with pencils and rubber bands that seems completely unnecessary because the holder in the photo seems to be functional.
The boys' upstairs toliet paper roll….. pic.twitter.com/BQXiVuxSct
— m (@ohhitsmckenna) December 15, 2018
Others had some interesting shower methods.
— Claire❄️ (@claire_belmear) December 15, 2018
This person takes the cake. They used an orange as a toothbrush holder. To be clear, toothbrush holders can be found for as little as $2.00.
— ali m (@alexxaandraaaa) December 15, 2018
Writer Roxane Gay responded to the thread saying it is “all the evidence you need to never date a man again. My god. Clean your bathrooms, men. Get some Clorox, a sponge, a toothbrush holder, a towel rack. Ugh. I am so upset.”
This thread alone is all the evidence you need to never date a man again. My god. Clean your bathrooms, men. Get some Clorox, a sponge, a toothbrush holder, a towel rack. Ugh. I am so upset. https://t.co/DIGGMWEv4D
— roxane gay (@rgay) December 16, 2018
I think we’re all upset. What are the guys doing? Men, please get your bathroom together for everyone’s sake. This is simply unacceptable.
Gabrielle Sorto is an Atlanta-based freelance writer covering culture, lifestyle, and news. Her work has appeared in CNN, Teen Vogue, INSIDER, and Vice. She can usually be found writing with an overpriced coffee in hand or hanging out with her dog, Rihanna, who is named after exactly who you think.