- ‘Game of Thrones’ failed women—and it’s a shame on its legacy Today 7:40 AM
- How to use Tor, the network that lets you browse the web anonymously Today 7:30 AM
- How to live stream Devin Haney vs. Antonio Moran on DAZN Today 7:00 AM
- Trump’s transphobic policies are disgusting—but they aren’t new Today 6:30 AM
- How to watch the Copa del Rey Final online for free Today 5:45 AM
- How to watch the DFB-Pokal final for free Today 5:30 AM
- Curvy Wife Guy drops music video for rap song ‘Chubby Sexy’ Friday 7:33 PM
- A ‘Black Mirror’-inspired miniseries is coming to YouTube via Netflix Latin America Friday 5:56 PM
- Kanye West appears on David Letterman’s Netflix show to talk Trump, TMZ, and Drake Friday 3:27 PM
- QAnon believers link small-town arrest to deep state conspiracy without evidence Friday 1:58 PM
- Instagram photos showing prison conditions spark massive protest Friday 1:33 PM
- ‘Gay rat wedding’ headline sparks amazing new meme Friday 1:03 PM
- ‘I read a gossip piece’ meme mocks Moby’s Instagram post Friday 12:39 PM
- Rotten Tomatoes wants to see your ticket stub to leave a verified review Friday 11:46 AM
- ‘Sonic the Hedgehog’ movie delayed to 2020 to fix his look Friday 11:39 AM
It’s getting rave reviews on Amazon.
A tweet featuring a book titled Why Trump Deserves Trust, Respect, and Admiration, went viral on Wednesday. It looks, upon initial inspection, like an endorsement of the PEOTUS, but it’s actually just a ton of blank pages.
For those wondering if the book is real, yes it is. It’s 206 pages long and available for Prime shipping. You can purchase it on Amazon for the low price of $7.99.
And, yes, as pictured, all of the pages are blank.
Well, not entirely blank. If you look closely, there is fine print at the top of each page. It reads, “These blank pages speak a thousand words, but feel free to use for notes.”
The description on the book’s Amazon page reads: “This book is full of blank pages. Despite years of research, we could not find anything to say on this subject, so please feel free to use this book for notes.”
So far the book has a 4.5-star average and is racking up rave reviews from satisfied customers.
These customers are satisfied, we mean really satisfied, bigly.
Satisfied in a yuge way.
One customer calls it a Tour de Force.
Another marvels at the quality of its sentences.
Others admire the depth of the research that went into the volume.
And, of course, others are thrilled that Trump’s many good deeds are finally getting the attention they deserve.
So who are the masterminds behind this excellent work of pranksmanship? For now, that remains a mystery. The book is listed in the humor category, and the author page for David King, the “political analyst” credited on its cover, contains no other work.
While there is a real political analyst named David C. King, he does not appear to be linked to the work.
Regardless, this David King might be a best-seller soon.
Nayomi Reghay is a frequent contributor to the Daily Dot, covering body positivity, feminism, sex, relationships, and gender. She is also the author of the advice column “Swipe This!” A former New York Teaching Fellow, her writing has been featured in Reductress, Rolling Stone, Mic, Someecards, and more.