- We now probably know the final runtime for ‘Avengers: Endgame’ Monday 11:06 PM
- Cardi B says she drugged, robbed men in her past on Instagram Live Monday 8:03 PM
- Twitter thread roasts bathtub tray ads for women Monday 7:21 PM
- Nintendo set to release two new models of the Switch—possibly in 2019 Monday 6:45 PM
- Viral cat video ‘Dear Kitten’ finds new life in TikTok challenge Monday 5:30 PM
- Here’s every show that was announced at the Apple TV+ kickoff Monday 3:53 PM
- ‘Shazam!’ embraces the spectacle and heart of the superhero genre Monday 3:45 PM
- How to mute Twitter’s suggested tweets on your timeline Monday 3:02 PM
- What you need to know about Apple’s new streaming service Monday 2:32 PM
- Text-message fanfiction is taking over Instagram Monday 1:54 PM
- Your Asus computer might have a secret backdoor Monday 1:06 PM
- Trump is already fundraising off the Mueller report—even though no one’s seen it Monday 1:01 PM
- Michael Avenatti charged with trying to extort $20 million from Nike Monday 12:51 PM
- Logan Paul says being a YouTuber is ‘wack’ Monday 12:14 PM
- James Comey posts from a forest in wake of Mueller report Monday 10:35 AM
Alberto Garcia/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
This holiday, be brave.
Forget about Christmas. Valentine’s Day is definitely the most stressful holiday. If you’re in a relationship, there’s the pressure to “nail it” while somehow making the cheesiest of all holidays seem not cheesy. If you’re not in a relationship, there’s the pressure to find someone to spend the day with. Even people who think the whole thing is a stupid commercialization of romantic love often end up doing something because they don’t want their significant other to feel like they don’t care. How many of us have either sent or received a message that starts, “Hey I know Valentine’s Day is stupid but…”?
Well, if you’re single this Valentine’s Day and need a little push to let the object of your affection know you want to smooch them on their dumb stupid face and stuff, then this new Twitter challenge might be exactly what you’re looking for.
Writer/Blogger/Podcaster/Sex-advice-giver Oloni tweeted out a challenge to her followers, asking them to text their crush and send her back a screenshot of the results.
The replies have been rolling in since she first issued the challenge yesterday. Some have happy endings, some… not so much. It also seems like a number of people are just asking someone they are already dating, which seems like cheating.
4 attempts… I’m never listening to you ma pic.twitter.com/5arTqAmyUh
— Maureen (@MissEssah) February 12, 2019
Idk why I keep listening to you pic.twitter.com/k2RvNe9n2Q
— aqueerius (@fkahoda) February 12, 2019
Oloni why do I feed into your games?! 😂😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/wD5IgciYsT
— 🍉Real Life Anime Titties🍉 (@TattoosNLipstck) February 13, 2019
Soooooooo I’m terrified now.. pic.twitter.com/51yDPyXced
— Bonnie 👑👸🏿😇💜🍫 (@SiSi_Simply) February 12, 2019
Well I mean😋😋 pic.twitter.com/TYu0JngkGA
— j. (@jalisahrahman1) February 12, 2019
I've given up on all things love 😫 pic.twitter.com/6dHxx8Hf04
— Yaa Yaa (@Yaa_Yaa_x) February 12, 2019
I'm actually gassed LMAO 😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/mMM7rdXAh9
— 🌛Moonchild🌜 (@nostalgicfaye) February 12, 2019
— Señora Fuego (@MsRxchards) February 12, 2019
😭😭😭I think my heart just cracked a little 💔💔 pic.twitter.com/RxzT6eXcCd
— S H A K I R A (@BADiyoBOUJEE) February 12, 2019
I txt my husband 😂. pic.twitter.com/Q2hZrlDmf8
— JinSoul The Tiger 🐯 (@SparklyAndSad) February 13, 2019
I’m too old for this shit 🤣🤣🤣🤦🏾♀️ pic.twitter.com/I6jWo7D3OO
— Ola A (@Curvycreativeuk) February 13, 2019
its probably not even that serious tbh. he's actually quite nice when i see him at school lol pic.twitter.com/TPXh8gnfkb
— anaise🇬🇶 (@frenchcoca) February 12, 2019
— anto. (@Ope_AO) February 12, 2019
— anto. (@Ope_AO) February 12, 2019
Also, a few people seem to have gotten wind of what’s going on and are acting a little suspicious when they get the message.
— YT: PINKBABYSHEY (@Pinkbabyshey) February 12, 2019
— GHOST✨ (@il_haaaam) February 12, 2019
A few people are just refusing to participate and want Oloni to know why.
— ayaan (@tryingherbesttt) February 12, 2019
I don’t have Drake’s number. https://t.co/lJvPh2ndGF
— lil plantain. (@_xMandiee) February 13, 2019
There’s still time to get in on the challenge if you have a secret crush and have been wanting to tell them how you feel.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.