- This Twitter account is parodying Amazon customer service Thursday 8:52 PM
- How to live stream Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs. Artur Beterbiev Thursday 7:00 PM
- Shaggy says an online scammer is impersonating him Thursday 6:53 PM
- IRL Barbie Malibu Dreamhouse available to rent on Airbnb Thursday 6:16 PM
- Men’s Humor trolled for unknowingly tweeting Grindr conversation Thursday 5:29 PM
- How to stream Dominick Reyes vs. Chris Weidman Thursday 5:00 PM
- Jennifer Aniston had a finsta before officially joining Instagram Thursday 4:35 PM
- Facebook denies moderating comments under Zuckerberg’s big free speech live stream Thursday 2:38 PM
- ‘My headphones’ meme proves our music is sadder than we look Thursday 1:53 PM
- ‘Time for an upgrade’ meme shows Kamala Harris’ team is too online Thursday 1:35 PM
- Prison guards reportedly mocked trans inmates in private Facebook groups Thursday 1:33 PM
- Gradient is the new celebrity look-alike app winning over influencers Thursday 12:46 PM
- Trolls accuse cosplayer of ‘appropriating’ Joker culture (updated) Thursday 12:28 PM
- Every Studio Ghibli movie will stream exclusively on HBO Max Thursday 12:24 PM
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 3 saw its highest viewer numbers yet Thursday 12:01 PM
Forget about Christmas. Valentine’s Day is definitely the most stressful holiday. If you’re in a relationship, there’s the pressure to “nail it” while somehow making the cheesiest of all holidays seem not cheesy. If you’re not in a relationship, there’s the pressure to find someone to spend the day with. Even people who think the whole thing is a stupid commercialization of romantic love often end up doing something because they don’t want their significant other to feel like they don’t care. How many of us have either sent or received a message that starts, “Hey I know Valentine’s Day is stupid but…”?
Well, if you’re single this Valentine’s Day and need a little push to let the object of your affection know you want to smooch them on their dumb stupid face and stuff, then this new Twitter challenge might be exactly what you’re looking for.
Writer/Blogger/Podcaster/Sex-advice-giver Oloni tweeted out a challenge to her followers, asking them to text their crush and send her back a screenshot of the results.
The replies have been rolling in since she first issued the challenge yesterday. Some have happy endings, some… not so much. It also seems like a number of people are just asking someone they are already dating, which seems like cheating.
4 attempts... I’m never listening to you ma pic.twitter.com/5arTqAmyUh— Maureen (@MissEssah) February 12, 2019
Idk why I keep listening to you pic.twitter.com/k2RvNe9n2Q— aqueerius (@fkahoda) February 12, 2019
stress pic.twitter.com/3d98YpGah7— anto. (@Ope_AO) February 12, 2019
Also, a few people seem to have gotten wind of what’s going on and are acting a little suspicious when they get the message.
A few people are just refusing to participate and want Oloni to know why.
I don’t have Drake’s number. https://t.co/lJvPh2ndGF— lil plantain. (@_xMandiee) February 13, 2019
There’s still time to get in on the challenge if you have a secret crush and have been wanting to tell them how you feel.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.