- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
Alberto Garcia/Flickr (CC-BY-SA)
This holiday, be brave.
Forget about Christmas. Valentine’s Day is definitely the most stressful holiday. If you’re in a relationship, there’s the pressure to “nail it” while somehow making the cheesiest of all holidays seem not cheesy. If you’re not in a relationship, there’s the pressure to find someone to spend the day with. Even people who think the whole thing is a stupid commercialization of romantic love often end up doing something because they don’t want their significant other to feel like they don’t care. How many of us have either sent or received a message that starts, “Hey I know Valentine’s Day is stupid but…”?
Well, if you’re single this Valentine’s Day and need a little push to let the object of your affection know you want to smooch them on their dumb stupid face and stuff, then this new Twitter challenge might be exactly what you’re looking for.
Writer/Blogger/Podcaster/Sex-advice-giver Oloni tweeted out a challenge to her followers, asking them to text their crush and send her back a screenshot of the results.
The replies have been rolling in since she first issued the challenge yesterday. Some have happy endings, some… not so much. It also seems like a number of people are just asking someone they are already dating, which seems like cheating.
4 attempts… I’m never listening to you ma pic.twitter.com/5arTqAmyUh
— Maureen (@MissEssah) February 12, 2019
Idk why I keep listening to you pic.twitter.com/k2RvNe9n2Q
— aqueerius (@fkahoda) February 12, 2019
Oloni why do I feed into your games?! 😂😂😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/wD5IgciYsT
— 🍉Real Life Anime Titties🍉 (@TattoosNLipstck) February 13, 2019
Well I mean😋😋 pic.twitter.com/TYu0JngkGA
— jalisah. (@jalisahrahman1) February 12, 2019
I've given up on all things love 😫 pic.twitter.com/6dHxx8Hf04
— Yaa Yaa Davis (@Yaa_Yaa_x) February 12, 2019
I'm actually gassed LMAO 😭😭😭 pic.twitter.com/mMM7rdXAh9
— Love you 3000 Arya (@nostalgicfaye) February 12, 2019
— Señora Fuego (@MsRxchards) February 12, 2019
I txt my husband 😂. pic.twitter.com/Q2hZrlDmf8
— JinSoul The Tiger 🐯 (@SparklyAndSad) February 13, 2019
I’m too old for this shit 🤣🤣🤣🤦🏾♀️ pic.twitter.com/I6jWo7D3OO
— Ola A (@Curvycreativeuk) February 13, 2019
its probably not even that serious tbh. he's actually quite nice when i see him at school lol pic.twitter.com/TPXh8gnfkb
— anaise🇬🇶 (@frenchcoca) February 12, 2019
— anto. (@Ope_AO) February 12, 2019
— anto. (@Ope_AO) February 12, 2019
Also, a few people seem to have gotten wind of what’s going on and are acting a little suspicious when they get the message.
— YT: PINKBABYSHEY (@Pinkbabyshey) February 12, 2019
A few people are just refusing to participate and want Oloni to know why.
— ayaan (@tryingherbesttt) February 12, 2019
I don’t have Drake’s number. https://t.co/lJvPh2ndGF
— lil plantain. (@_xMandiee) February 13, 2019
There’s still time to get in on the challenge if you have a secret crush and have been wanting to tell them how you feel.
David Britton is a writer and comedian based in Rhinebeck, New York who focuses on internet culture, memes, and viral news stories. He also writes for the Hard Times and is the creator of StoriesAboutWizards.com.