- Lyft received a whopping 7 sexual assault lawsuits in a day Wednesday 10:00 PM
- High school reopens investigation into Nazi salute video after other racist videos emerge Wednesday 7:14 PM
- Facebook content moderators continue to suffer from brutal working conditions Wednesday 5:58 PM
- #RIPReese: Man bullied for relationship with trans woman dies by suicide Wednesday 4:46 PM
- Redaction error reveals ICE is paying Palantir $49 million Wednesday 4:25 PM
- People are using social media to raise awareness about the Amazon fires Wednesday 4:24 PM
- How to watch ‘Detective Pikachu’ right now Wednesday 3:56 PM
- Walmart is suing Tesla over fires at stores with solar panels Wednesday 3:44 PM
- Jeremy Renner asks nicely for Sony to let Spider-Man back in the MCU Wednesday 2:51 PM
- The best and safest torrenting sites you should be using in 2019 Wednesday 2:47 PM
- ‘Beyoncé’s Assistant for a Day’ creator is releasing more games on storytelling app Yarn Wednesday 1:54 PM
- Why does everyone keep falling for that Instagram and Facebook hoax? Wednesday 1:46 PM
- A bunch of celebrities fell for that viral Instagram hoax Wednesday 1:17 PM
- Former Die Antwoord crew member says video shows ‘homophobic attack’ Wednesday 1:13 PM
- How to stream all the MLS Rivalry Week matches Wednesday 1:13 PM
The 16 stupidest things Urban Outfitters has ever sold
Oh no they didn’t.
Every major retailer has a clothing fail every once in a while. But for Urban Outfitters, it seems as if stupid, silly, overpriced and otherwise unnecessary products are introduced with every new season. Oh, and they just did it again with these holocaust-themed tapestries. Really Urban Outfitters? Really? These are the crowning achievements, the reasons we try to shop at local boutiques: the 16 stupidest things Urban Outfitters has ever sold.
1) The bike ’stache
Because nothing says over-the-top hipster like cruising to the farmers market with one of these bad boys on your handle bars.
2) Bug lunchbags
Everyone wants to see cockroaches just before they eat, right?
3) The cupcake booty buddy
This eye-catching snuggie only cost customers $89.
4) The sandwich tent
Shame on you, Urban Outfitters. What would Ron Swanson say?
5) A shirt that comes in ‘Obama black’
Are you kidding?
6) The inflatable unicorn horn for cats and dogs
Sure, because they’ll LOVE that.
7) ‘Depression’ and ‘Eat Less’ T-shirts
Fortunately, neither are currently available for purchase.
8) A gramophone speaker accessible via Bluetooth
For a cool $400. Technology evolved for a reason, you guys.
9) Racially insensitive gear
Don’t even get us started on the “Navajo” line.
10) These phone cases
This was the point of iPhone, right?
Ghettopoly. Not a joke. Not even a little bit. Ghettopoly. OOF.
12) Cat teepee
From sister company Free People. Overpriced piece of cultural appropriation, designed to appease an animal that likes nothing more than climbing in empty cardboard boxes. Doesn’t this just say it all?
13) Kurt Cobain suicide note T-shirt
This ultra-classy move was so reviled that change.org launched a—thankfully successful—petition to have it removed from store shelves.
14) A ‘blood-stained’ Kent State sweatshirt
Here’s a clue, guys: National tragedies are not fashion fodder.
15) Jewish star shirt
16) The Holocaust-reminiscent tapestry
Since if something doesn’t go over well the first time, you should definitely try it again.
Photo via hum-dee-dum/Tumblr