- Anti-Trump bros Ed and Brian Krassenstein get kicked off Twitter Thursday 8:07 PM
- Amazon is trying to solve pushback on facial recognition software with a web form Thursday 6:56 PM
- T.I. says Nipsey Hussle’s death was ‘like losing Iron Man’ Thursday 6:32 PM
- Facebook banned billions of fake accounts in the first 3 months of this year Thursday 5:49 PM
- Twitch streamer gets banned for drunkenly passing out during broadcast Thursday 5:00 PM
- WikiLeaks’ Julian Assange indicted under Espionage Act Thursday 4:39 PM
- These doctored videos want to make you think Nancy Pelosi is always drunk Thursday 4:02 PM
- A robot could soon be delivering your packages from a self-driving car Thursday 3:29 PM
- Bipartisan anti-robocall bill overwhelmingly passes Senate Thursday 2:40 PM
- Deepfake-style videos can now be made with just a single image Thursday 1:57 PM
- The Lonely Island’s ‘Bash Brothers’ is what Netflix should be doing with short-form comedy Thursday 1:55 PM
- ‘Green dress lady’ proves green screen memes are still going strong Thursday 1:45 PM
- ‘Bowling alley strike screen’ memes are bizarre and wonderful Thursday 12:40 PM
- TikTok star Mohit Mor shot and killed Thursday 12:00 PM
- Stephen A. Smith is baby Thursday 11:43 AM
The 16 stupidest things Urban Outfitters has ever sold
Oh no they didn’t.
Every major retailer has a clothing fail every once in a while. But for Urban Outfitters, it seems as if stupid, silly, overpriced and otherwise unnecessary products are introduced with every new season. Oh, and they just did it again with these holocaust-themed tapestries. Really Urban Outfitters? Really? These are the crowning achievements, the reasons we try to shop at local boutiques: the 16 stupidest things Urban Outfitters has ever sold.
1) The bike ’stache
Because nothing says over-the-top hipster like cruising to the farmers market with one of these bad boys on your handle bars.
2) Bug lunchbags
Everyone wants to see cockroaches just before they eat, right?
3) The cupcake booty buddy
This eye-catching snuggie only cost customers $89.
4) The sandwich tent
Shame on you, Urban Outfitters. What would Ron Swanson say?
5) A shirt that comes in ‘Obama black’
Are you kidding?
6) The inflatable unicorn horn for cats and dogs
Sure, because they’ll LOVE that.
7) ‘Depression’ and ‘Eat Less’ T-shirts
Fortunately, neither are currently available for purchase.
8) A gramophone speaker accessible via Bluetooth
For a cool $400. Technology evolved for a reason, you guys.
9) Racially insensitive gear
Don’t even get us started on the “Navajo” line.
10) These phone cases
This was the point of iPhone, right?
Ghettopoly. Not a joke. Not even a little bit. Ghettopoly. OOF.
12) Cat teepee
From sister company Free People. Overpriced piece of cultural appropriation, designed to appease an animal that likes nothing more than climbing in empty cardboard boxes. Doesn’t this just say it all?
13) Kurt Cobain suicide note T-shirt
This ultra-classy move was so reviled that change.org launched a—thankfully successful—petition to have it removed from store shelves.
14) A ‘blood-stained’ Kent State sweatshirt
Here’s a clue, guys: National tragedies are not fashion fodder.
15) Jewish star shirt
16) The Holocaust-reminiscent tapestry
Since if something doesn’t go over well the first time, you should definitely try it again.
Photo via hum-dee-dum/Tumblr