- How to live stream the 2020 Grammy Awards Today 7:00 AM
- Technology created deepfakes—does it have a way to stop them, too? Today 6:30 AM
- SESTA-FOSTA is ‘detrimental’ to sex workers’ safety, study confirms Today 6:00 AM
- Jeff Bezos’ girlfriend allegedly sent his nudes to her brother, who then leaked them Saturday 6:38 PM
- This Instagram account catches influencers in the wild Saturday 5:42 PM
- The best upcoming video games to look out for in February 2020 Saturday 5:23 PM
- TikTok teens use AirPods and Google Translate to secretly talk in class Saturday 4:32 PM
- Video shows corpses of coronavirus victims lying in China hospital Saturday 3:44 PM
- Kid meets Slipknot after drumming video goes viral Saturday 2:30 PM
- Channing Tatum responds to troll who tried to compare Jenna Dewan and Jessie J’s looks Saturday 1:46 PM
- Grindr pulls an ‘I don’t know her’ after Eminem suggests he uses the app Saturday 12:48 PM
- Here are the top 10 most popular Instagram models in 2020 Saturday 12:21 PM
- ‘The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina’ takes its characters on a fantasy adventure to Hell in season 3 Saturday 11:37 AM
- Woman no longer in sorority, school after racist MLK post Saturday 10:45 AM
- Netflix’s ‘Miss Americana’ starts to deconstruct the myth of Taylor Swift Saturday 10:32 AM
Twitter users are using the card game Uno to meme their most relatable moments. Using Uno’s infamous “draw four” card, people are challenging their followers to do something they hate—or draw 25.
According to Know Your Meme, the “draw 25” meme started when Facebook user Damien Jones posted a photo this month of an Uno card reading “call/text your recent ex or draw 25,” alongside a photo of a man holding a large handful of Uno cards. Jones captioned his post “say no more” and it has been shared over 195,000 times.
Say no more mf pic.twitter.com/laCP5qSj98— Goose (@Fujyno) January 5, 2020
The image of “call/text your recent ex or draw 25” has been shared on Twitter, Instagram, and Reddit. The meme format is particularly popular on Reddit, especially on the r/dankmemes thread.
People are using the “draw 25” format to share everything from pop culture references to parenting memes. One redditor inserted Michael Scott into the meme and captioned it “get along with Toby or draw 25.” (On The Office, Scott held a deep and unfounded hatred of Toby.)
UNO from DunderMifflin
One user memed the universal experience of unrequited love. “Date me or draw 25” the card reads.
Twitter user @BenitezO464 tweeted a photo of a golden retriever, with the card reading “show me what’s in your mouth or draw 25.”
This is the one pic.twitter.com/s4tArgf5TI— Raúl™ (@BenitezO464) January 11, 2020
From sports geeks to anime fans, the format is a crossover hit.
uno meme but its arc v pic.twitter.com/STVVCF0ATc— speebs 🍏🌿✨ rondo rondo rondo!! (@soniapkmn) January 9, 2020
Steve Clifford is a big fan of UNO pic.twitter.com/KfU5L0YR7o— Otown Magic Memes (@OtownMagicMemes) January 9, 2020
Users on all social media platforms are loving the “draw 25” meme format and sharing their most relatable opinions. Perhaps we’ll see Phase 10 get the same meme treatment next.
Esther Bell is a writer for the Daily Dot. She recently graduated from Northwestern University with a degree in journalism, and her work has appeared in Bustle and Teen Vogue.