- Mike Pence, who fueled HIV outbreak, is now in charge of coronavirus outbreak Wednesday 9:15 PM
- Distressing TikTok shows woman being sexually harassed Wednesday 7:49 PM
- Dele Alli charged with misconduct for video mocking Asian man over the coronavirus Wednesday 7:18 PM
- Teen says she is suicidal after bullying video goes viral Wednesday 6:01 PM
- Trump supporters claim Reddit is staging a coup against The_Donald Wednesday 5:58 PM
- Conservative parliament member’s teabag photo spills serious tea Wednesday 5:27 PM
- Right-wing conspiracy theorists see coronavirus as a plot against Trump Wednesday 5:25 PM
- Chapo Trap House among leftist channels banned on Twitch for streaming Democratic debate Wednesday 4:20 PM
- Meet Ryker, the world’s worst service dog Wednesday 4:01 PM
- Far-right blogger claims Trump ordered arrest of Julian Assange Wednesday 3:47 PM
- Reddit man wants to tell people he’s been with his girlfriend for one year instead of 6—for an incredibly dumb reason Wednesday 2:18 PM
- John C. Reilly’s son Leo is a TikTok star Wednesday 1:58 PM
- ‘Vanderpump Rules’ recap: A friendship sails Wednesday 1:52 PM
- For celebs, Kobe Bryant tattoos are all the rage Wednesday 1:01 PM
- The internet has discovered Jim and Pam Halpert’s daughter—and she’s on TikTok Wednesday 12:32 PM
Twitter users are using the card game Uno to meme their most relatable moments. Using Uno’s infamous “draw four” card, people are challenging their followers to do something they hate—or draw 25.
According to Know Your Meme, the “draw 25” meme started when Facebook user Damien Jones posted a photo this month of an Uno card reading “call/text your recent ex or draw 25,” alongside a photo of a man holding a large handful of Uno cards. Jones captioned his post “say no more” and it has been shared over 195,000 times.
Say no more mf pic.twitter.com/laCP5qSj98— Goose (@Fujyno) January 5, 2020
The image of “call/text your recent ex or draw 25” has been shared on Twitter, Instagram, and Reddit. The meme format is particularly popular on Reddit, especially on the r/dankmemes thread.
People are using the “draw 25” format to share everything from pop culture references to parenting memes. One redditor inserted Michael Scott into the meme and captioned it “get along with Toby or draw 25.” (On The Office, Scott held a deep and unfounded hatred of Toby.)
UNO from DunderMifflin
One user memed the universal experience of unrequited love. “Date me or draw 25” the card reads.
Twitter user @BenitezO464 tweeted a photo of a golden retriever, with the card reading “show me what’s in your mouth or draw 25.”
This is the one pic.twitter.com/s4tArgf5TI— Raúl™ (@BenitezO464) January 11, 2020
From sports geeks to anime fans, the format is a crossover hit.
uno meme but its arc v pic.twitter.com/STVVCF0ATc— speebs 🌱🕊 YTTD CH3 (@soniapkmn) January 9, 2020
Steve Clifford is a big fan of UNO pic.twitter.com/KfU5L0YR7o— Otown Magic Memes (@OtownMagicMemes) January 9, 2020
Users on all social media platforms are loving the “draw 25” meme format and sharing their most relatable opinions. Perhaps we’ll see Phase 10 get the same meme treatment next.
Esther Bell is a writer for the Daily Dot. She recently graduated from Northwestern University with a degree in journalism, and her work has appeared in Bustle and Teen Vogue.